+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA Application Gone Wrong?

alexTrusti

Sep 21, 2023
Hello all,

I received my ITA some time ago but could get all my documents ready one day before expiration. i.e. the system showed 1 day left to expiration. So I went to the process of uploading the documents, and paying of the fees(all in day before expiration). After filling my credit card information and proceeding with payment, the IRCC website froze, Nothing could be done, no confirmation received . After I restarted and logged into my account several times, My application could no longer be modified. So with this I thought my application and payment when through.
Some hours later, I received an email stating that my ITA had expired the next day. i.e. I received the email on the 6th and the email stated that my ITA expired on the 7th. Which is strange because neither where I was applying from was the 7th, nor Canada nor anywhere else on earth was the 7th.
With this frustration, I used the IRCC webform to complain, and still havent received any reply.
Please has anyone had this problem before? how did you solve it or does anyone have a solution for this.

pinemaple

Star Member
Apr 27, 2022
The glitch with payment happens sometimes to people, you can probably find posts about it. Basically you have to wait a few hours and it will show you the option to pay again.

priyapkai

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
I hate to say it but never wait till the last day to submit. Submit at least 3 days before so you have chance to fix in case of these kinds of issues.

Reactions: tomtom104

rohit.tec

Mar 13, 2024
Hi Alex, i also got into same trouble had to cancel my pnp nomination and file for pnp nomination again with new EE profile. Things are going crazy seems pnp in alberta is more than 9 months now a days. Im completely screwed up as ircc didnt solve any problem all they said was to create new profile and get nominated afresh to get ITA again. Without acknowledging there system glitch as a cause to my predicament. Let me know if any one had resolved this issue by extension to ita

priyapkai

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Hi, I faced the same issue two days ago when submitting my express entry application. The payment failed and when I logged in again the Continue Application button was not available. I panicked and googled this issue and found the solution. https://www.reddit.com/r/ImmigrationCanada/comments/1293doh/continue_application_option_disappeared_from/

It will appear after two hours.

IRCC also mentions this in their site but they say 48 hours, which is not true because I was able to see the link and submit after two hours. But they are mentioning the maximum time as usual.

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1646&top=23

So if payment fails, site gets stuck during payment etc, just log in two hours later, it should be fine. And also never ever wait until the last day, keep a few days buffer (ideally working days not weekend days).