+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IT Project Managers Requirement in Canada

abhi_1610

Mar 11, 2016
:) Thanks Much Stanlee for sharing the info

It seems some one can try getting full score in listening & reading , how ever it is at discretion of examiner to give score
on speaking & writing as it is not much in our control

thanks
Abhishek

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
abhi_1610 said:
:) Thanks Much Stanlee for sharing the info

It seems some one can try getting full score in listening & reading , how ever it is at discretion of examiner to give score
on speaking & writing as it is not much in our control

thanks
Abhishek
You are correct.

DevGurgaon

Aug 14, 2015
YamPower said:
I'm an IT Infrastructure PM (NOC 0213) and was very lucky to secure a job before I landed (after my PR application was approved and I was making plans to move to Toronto). the interviews I did for this job were by video chat and I made sure to tell them that I have PR status.

There is a high demand for project managers in Toronto. Please ensure that you complete your PMP certification and your resume and LinkedIn page are in excellent shape. Good luck!
Digging up an old post... Hope YamPower or other IT PMs in Canada can shed some light on my query.... I am a PMP certified IT PM with 10+ years of experience and planning to either do ITIL certification or CSM before my permanent landing...
Question - Keeping Canadian job market in view, what would make more sense with PMP? ITIL or CSM? Or both are equally valuable?

MSiBAT

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-07-2016
AOR Received.
27-07-2016
Med's Request
19-7-2016 (Done)
Med's Done....
31-8-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2017
LANDED..........
24-04-2017
DevGurgaon said:
Digging up an old post... Hope YamPower or other IT PMs in Canada can shed some light on my query.... I am a PMP certified IT PM with 10+ years of experience and planning to either do ITIL certification or CSM before my permanent landing...
Question - Keeping Canadian job market in view, what would make more sense with PMP? ITIL or CSM? Or both are equally valuable?
I'm an IT PM but not one in Canada yet. My opinion is that ITIL and PMP are different directions since ITIL is for operations managers, whereas PMP is for Dev and QA managers. So I'd say, since scrum is another way of doing development, CSM would be a good add on to PMP

DevGurgaon

Aug 14, 2015
MSiBAT said:
I'm an IT PM but not one in Canada yet. My opinion is that ITIL and PMP are different directions since ITIL is for operations managers, whereas PMP is for Dev and QA managers. So I'd say, since scrum is another way of doing development, CSM would be a good add on to PMP
Appreciate your inputs :) I must admit I have received similar views regarding PMP and ITIL along with contrary view that both make sense... Sample read - https://www.projectsmart.co.uk/pmp-and-itil-framework-methodologies-with-valuable-synergy.php

Anyone else wanna pitch in?