31-8-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2017
LANDED..........
24-04-2017
YamPower said:
I'm an IT Infrastructure PM (NOC 0213) and was very lucky to secure a job before I landed (after my PR application was approved and I was making plans to move to Toronto). the interviews I did for this job were by video chat and I made sure to tell them that I have PR status.

There is a high demand for project managers in Toronto. Please ensure that you complete your PMP certification and your resume and LinkedIn page are in excellent shape. Good luck!
Thanks YamPower for your valuable suggestions(as usual)

I hear there are various PMP certification, with ACP(Agile Project Management I guess) one of those. Which one would you recommend?

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abhi,

Daily, Keep visiting the site to book IELTS slot. June is far off.

You will get a chance if some candidates cancel the slot.

It worked for me.

santocan

Star Member
Feb 27, 2016
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Nomination.....
12-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
abhi_1610 said:
:)
Thanks rajibsam, MZASAM, santocan for your quick response

The next available date for IELTS General is 4th June which is little long time ..but now i understood so i will book it

also can the process be initiated like ECA etc before we give IELTS or it is better to give IELTS first to start

thanks
Abhishek
Abhishek,

i would suggest you to start with the ECA process because if you need to get in touch with your university and apply for anything then that also takes time... And ECA has nothing to do with IELTS so y not start that right away. Even after u submit to WES it mite take upto 20 business days to get the report.

So maybe by the time u have ur ielts results ur eca reports will also be done and then u can enter the pool right away if u r eligible.

Good Luck..

S

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
abhi_1610 said:
:)
Thanks rajibsam, MZASAM, santocan for your quick response

The next available date for IELTS General is 4th June which is little long time ..but now i understood so i will book it

also can the process be initiated like ECA etc before we give IELTS or it is better to give IELTS first to start

thanks
Abhishek
You can appear for IELTS and get ECA done simultaneously as both are independent of each other. Ensure that you get both done at the earliest possible. Also note that you will get your IELTS results only after 2 weeks from your exam date and your TRF a week later.

If you are looking at an earlier date for IELTS, try the following options.

1. Look for dates in IDP and British Council in the same city, British Council slots get filled up soon, but IDP, you can get it at least 1 month in advance. For your information, I have given both IDP and British Council IELTS, there is no difference in both. While trying for British Council, I had to wait for 2-3 months at least, while IDP I got it for date 3 weeks down the line.

2. Another way to get IELTS slot for an earlier date is to look for IDP or British Council slots in the nearby cities, sometimes you may find a date of your choice/convenience.

abhi_1610

Mar 11, 2016
:)Thanks YamPower , MZASAM, santocan, stanlee for your valuable advice

In fact i am not sure if it is true but i heard that IDP had tough marking system as compare to British Council as i can see IDP much earlier dates are available

Also in order to get good score in IELTS do i need to prepare my self or better to join training classes

thanks
Abhishek

santocan

Star Member
Feb 27, 2016
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Nomination.....
12-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
abhi_1610 said:

In fact i am not sure if it is true but i heard that IDP had tough marking system as compare to British Council as i can see IDP much earlier dates are available

Also in order to get good score in IELTS do i need to prepare my self or better to join training classes

thanks
Abhishek
Abhi,

I'm not sure about IDP marking but for IELTS i would not recommend any trainings as u have been into a multi cultural work environment for a long time now...
you can get some online training materials and practise a few times. I have personally just done that and could manage to get IELTS band 8.

S

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
abhi_1610 said:

thanks
Abhishek
IELTS is jointly owned by Cambridge, Britsih Council and IDP. So, there is no difference between British Council IELTS and IDP IELTS. These two entities supervise IELTS tests in many countries. In some countries it is British Council while it is IDP in others and sometimes they can found supervising tests in the same country on the same dates but different venues. I have appeared for both, I do not find any difference between the two and both the times, I got overall 8.

It is a personal choice whether you want to prepare yourself or join training classes. In fact, you can try practicing yourself for a week, if you feel inadequate then you can enroll yourself in some training classes.

abhi_1610

Mar 11, 2016
:) Thanks MZASM , Stanlee and santocam for the information

I have started looking for dates at both British council and IDP and i can see IDP has dates available in the april month itself which is good

can any one pls let me know the any good link for sample/mock tests or some training material that will help me to understand where i am standing as i need to ensure that i get good IELTS score else my CRS will not cross 400 itself .

I also see there are many rejections by CIC so is it better to consult some genuine immigration consultancy to minimize the scope of errors

thanks
Abhishek

MSiBAT

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-07-2016
AOR Received.
27-07-2016
Med's Request
19-7-2016 (Done)
Med's Done....
31-8-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2017
LANDED..........
24-04-2017
abhi_1610 said:
can any one pls let me know the any good link for sample/mock tests or some training material that will help me to understand where i am standing as i need to ensure that i get good IELTS score else my CRS will not cross 400 itself .
thanks
Abhishek
As soon as you sign up IDP/BC will send a book that will contain 8 mock tests. That itself can prepare you 80%. You could also try some of the below:
https://www.ieltsessentials.com/global/prepare/freepracticetests/generaltrainingreadingpractice
http://www.ielts.org/test_takers_information/question_types.aspx
youtube for 'English with Emma'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OEefmk-sN8
https://www.ieltsessentials.com/global/results/assessmentcriteria

necie12888

Dec 7, 2015
I am a Senior IT Project Manager (AVP level at my current job) and I was just hired by CGI. I have my work permit in hand but I haven't started working there yet (still moving). I should include that they hired me through the NAFTA agreement between USA, Mexico and Canada. This was less expensive for the employer than going the LMIA route but it is a pain in the butt for me because I need an LMIA in order to score an extra 600 points for Express Entry. I am not sure about any agreements Canada has with India but you may want to check it out.

There are no special/specific requirements in regards to the immigration and work permit process but having your PMP and at least a Bachelors degree is probably the standard requirement. I have had my PMP for 9 years and my highest level of education is Master. 15 years of experience in project management...

abhi_1610

Mar 11, 2016
Yes necie12888 I am PMP with BE degree in Computer Science having around 13 years expereince

Thanks MSiBAT these are really good links to start with how ever my wife it would be difficult to dedicate time to prepare for this as we have a child of 2 years ...but British council charging high fees ...so let see how i score in sample tests and then i will look out for options

thanks
Abhishek

abhi_1610

Mar 11, 2016
:) Hi All,

Can any one let me know if i should to hire some genuine immigration consultancy to reduce the scope of errors as i do see lot of rejections by immigration

thanks Abhishek

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Immigration consultants are only needed if your case is complicated, that my view, if you had many different employer in different countries, or had a criminal issues or immigration issues in the past... but if your case is simple then this forum is enough.

abhi_1610

Mar 11, 2016
:) Today i booked the date for 30th April at IDP for IELTS

Can any one let me know if there is any topic which needs more attention for IELTS

thanks
Abhishek

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
abhi_1610 said:
:) Today i booked the date for 30th April at IDP for IELTS

Can any one let me know if there is any topic which needs more attention for IELTS

thanks
Abhishek
Check out this thread dedicated to IELTS, they have answers to the questions you are looking for http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ielts-international-english-language-testing-system-b53.0/