+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IT Project Managers Requirement in Canada

abhi_1610

Mar 11, 2016
Hi All,

I am having around 13 years of experience working as a Project Manager at IBM India my age is 37 , can any one let me know the prospects or demand of Senior IT Project Managers at Canada if there is any thing i can do to ensure that i get a Job offer once my application is part of the pool
I will be glad to provide additional details if needed

Thanks in Advance
Abhishek

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

There is no specific information on Project Managers demand. You can google if you wish.

Friend there are always openings in IBM Canada. First explore within your organization.

It is never to late to apply. IT all depends on what are your objectives.

abhi_1610

Mar 11, 2016
:) Thank You AZASAM ..appreciate your advice ..the only challenge is management at IBM Canada will not even consider you
if your PR is not approved as they will ask first thing if you have the PR approved..so i am exploring Project manager jobs in IT in Canada
that may boost my CRS score

thanks
Abhishek

DevGurgaon

Aug 14, 2015
abhi_1610 said:
:) Thank You AZASAM ..appreciate your advice ..the only challenge is management at IBM Canada will not even consider you
if your PR is not approved as they will ask first thing if you have the PR approved..so i am exploring Project manager jobs in IT in Canada
that may boost my CRS score

thanks
Abhishek
Similar to IBM Canada not considering a candidate without a PR, in my opinion other companies will also not consider. Reason being Canadian PR process will take 2-10 months depending on factors like - IELTS done, ECA done etc. Then too it is not certain if PR application will have a positive outcome. Given the timeline and risk of applicant not getting PR I doubt any company will hire from outside Canada.

I believe you will fall under NOC 0213 Computer and information systems managers - http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=0213

Check following for outlook of NOC 0213 - http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/report-eng.do?area=9219&lang=eng&noc=0213&action=final&ln=n&regionKeyword=Toronto%2C+Ontario&s=2&source=2&titleKeyword=information+systems+manager#outlook

Pay scale once you land in Canada - http://www.payscale.com/research/CA/Job=Senior_Project_Manager%2c_IT/Salary

abhi_1610

Mar 11, 2016
:) Thanks a Lot for your valuable information and advice DevGurgaon

In my case i calculated through online tools and rough score is around 400 now since the cut off in the last draw was around 473 ..so i was thinking if i get a job offer 600 extra points would be added to my current score and I can get the ITA with fewer challenges ..as i think every thing boils to exploring various available options to enhance your CRS so at least you can get ITA else I will be in the pool for 1 year and then kicked out ..so

Please correct my understanding if any one think otherwise ...
1.Can we get job offer once my application go to the pool ..?
2.how i can improve my CRS ....to get ITA ....assuming i do not have Job offer

Thanks in advance
regards
Abhishek

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
abhi_1610 said:

In my case i calculated through online tools and rough score is around 400 now since the cut off in the last draw was around 473 ..so i was thinking if i get a job offer 600 extra points would be added to my current score and I can get the ITA with fewer challenges ..as i think every thing boils to exploring various available options to enhance your CRS so at least you can get ITA else I will be in the pool for 1 year and then kicked out ..so

Thanks in advance
regards
Abhishek
As far as I know getting a provincial nomination is easier than getting a job while outside Canada. You can check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp

FWSAPPLICANT

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
abhi_1610 said:

Thanks in advance
regards
Abhishek
Nearly impossible to get a job offer unless you have already spotted your sponsor.

The best option is to apply for PR, look at PNP programes.

Alternatively, you can look at Australia.

charan_yalala

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2015
Doc's Request.
01-01-2016
abhi_1610 said:
Hi All,

I am having around 13 years of experience working as a Project Manager at IBM India my age is 37 , can any one let me know the prospects or demand of Senior IT Project Managers at Canada if there is any thing i can do to ensure that i get a Job offer once my application is part of the pool
I will be glad to provide additional details if needed

Thanks in Advance
Abhishek

Hello Abhishek,

It is very tough to get a Job Offer, But there are options to apply for provinces

If your CRS score is 400 or more you will Ontario PNP interest and you can apply and once you get nomination from Ontario which will give you 600 points

Regards

abhi_1610

Mar 11, 2016
:)

Thanks a Lot Stanlee , FWSApplicant & Charan for your valuable inputs

So over all it seems the prospects of my application with a score of 400 in receiving ITA is challenging through express entry how ever provincial nomination seems to be more promising as it is quite clear that Job offer will only happen only when PR is approved

Thanks for your prompt response

Abhishek

abhi_1610

Mar 11, 2016
Hi All,

Can any one let me know if i can give IELTS Academic also or it is mandatory to give IELTS General one ..?

Thanks for your help in advance
Abhishek

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ielts General for immigration. Ielts academic for study permit. They are not interchangeable.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
General IELTS only

Academic not required / accepted

Abhi, Remain focussed on your present job. Simultaneous complete all the formalities of applying to provinces, etc

Once you get your PR you will certainly get a job at IBM or any other company. Be optimistic. We worked hard to reach this level. We will never be jobless hopefully.

Same case: I am employed with a MNC on Oracle Platform. Applied to OINP. Monitoring the progress.

Well, this PR is out of our sphere of control. All we can do is perfect CRS score, prepare documents correctly as expected, submit and wait for the outcome patiently.

Hope you agree

santocan

Star Member
Feb 27, 2016
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Nomination.....
12-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
abhi_1610 said:
Hi All,

Can any one let me know if i can give IELTS Academic also or it is mandatory to give IELTS General one ..?

Thanks for your help in advance
Abhishek
IELTS General is mandatory. IELTS academic is only if u need to study abroad.

abhi_1610

Mar 11, 2016
:)
Thanks rajibsam, MZASAM, santocan for your quick response

The next available date for IELTS General is 4th June which is little long time ..but now i understood so i will book it

also can the process be initiated like ECA etc before we give IELTS or it is better to give IELTS first to start

thanks
Abhishek

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
I'm an IT Infrastructure PM (NOC 0213) and was very lucky to secure a job before I landed (after my PR application was approved and I was making plans to move to Toronto). the interviews I did for this job were by video chat and I made sure to tell them that I have PR status.

There is a high demand for project managers in Toronto. Please ensure that you complete your PMP certification and your resume and LinkedIn page are in excellent shape. Good luck!