+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

issues with Sending Spouse and kids Documents to Singapore

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
I got Pre arrival services letter and bellow letter few days ago . This letter is showing me that a new G number is created for my spouse and kids who are overseas now .
After this letter , next day i was requested to confirmed my present location, confirmed address, height ,weight in another letter. I submitted. then the next day i was invited to PR portal and asked to confirmed my mailing address and submit photo. I done all the things.
My query is about the below letter . IRCC asked for these stated documentation which i already submitted to IRCC when i apply for PR , should i need to submit these documents again to Singapore office ? If so , how should i send it ? as a hard file via courier or soft copy via mail or in web form ? and what will be the address of Singapore office ?
I mailed to Singapore office and they told me that my case is processing at Canada ,so i should contact with them . So im in a confusing situation, Is that the reason Singapore told me this as because still i hadnt got the ECOPR ?

waiting for kind Comments from @canuck78 , @scylla and other experienced members.

"Dear xxxxxx:
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected
Persons class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all
remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These
requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your
family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family
members have met these requirements.
The overseas office in SINGAPORE is responsible for processing the applications for
permanent residence of your family members outside Canada.
You have listed the following as accompanying family members outside Canada:
G000xxxxxx - xxxxxxxx
- xxxxxx
- xxxxxx
- xxxxxx

Please note that application forms for your family members will not be sent by the mission. You
or your family members are responsible for obtaining and completing the required application
forms for all listed dependents, which must be sent to the visa office in SINGAPORE.
The required application forms IMM0008, IMM5406 and IMM5669 for your dependents are to be
obtained on the internet at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/menuoutside.
asp.
The following additional documents must also be submitted to the overseas office:
 Civil documents (birth certificate, marriage certificate, death certificate, divorce
certificate, etc.)
 Police certificates (for clients 18 or above)
Immigration, Refugees Immigration, Réfugiés
and Citizenship Canada et Citoyenneté Canada
 Copy of biographical page of passport
Information on where to submit your application may be obtained by consulting the web site
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp or by calling the Immigration,
Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100.
Please ensure that each family member aged 18 years or older completes and signs their own
application forms and schedules.
The above requested information must be received at the appropriate visa office within 90 days
from the date of this letter. If these items are not received, your application for permanent
residence may be refused and no further consideration will be given to your request for
permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted. When submitting
applications please ensure that a copy of this letter is enclosed. "

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I got Pre arrival services letter and bellow letter few days ago . This letter is showing me that a new G number is created for my spouse and kids who are overseas now .
After this letter , next day i was requested to confirmed my present location, confirmed address, height ,weight in another letter. I submitted. then the next day i was invited to PR portal and asked to confirmed my mailing address and submit photo. I done all the things.
My query is about the below letter . IRCC asked for these stated documentation which i already submitted to IRCC when i apply for PR , should i need to submit these documents again to Singapore office ? If so , how should i send it ? as a hard file via courier or soft copy via mail or in web form ? and what will be the address of Singapore office ?
I mailed to Singapore office and they told me that my case is processing at Canada ,so i should contact with them . So im in a confusing situation, Is that the reason Singapore told me this as because still i hadnt got the ECOPR ?

waiting for kind Comments from @canuck78 , @scylla and other experienced members.

"Dear xxxxxx:
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected
Persons class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all
requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your
family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family
The overseas office in SINGAPORE is responsible for processing the applications for
G000xxxxxx - xxxxxxxx
- xxxxxx
- xxxxxx
- xxxxxx

Please note that application forms for your family members will not be sent by the mission. You
or your family members are responsible for obtaining and completing the required application
forms for all listed dependents, which must be sent to the visa office in SINGAPORE.
The required application forms IMM0008, IMM5406 and IMM5669 for your dependents are to be
obtained on the internet at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/menuoutside.
asp.
The following additional documents must also be submitted to the overseas office:
 Civil documents (birth certificate, marriage certificate, death certificate, divorce
certificate, etc.)
Information on where to submit your application may be obtained by consulting the web site
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp or by calling the Immigration,
Please ensure that each family member aged 18 years or older completes and signs their own
The above requested information must be received at the appropriate visa office within 90 days
from the date of this letter. If these items are not received, your application for permanent
residence may be refused and no further consideration will be given to your request for
permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted. When submitting
I don't know the answer.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

"Dear xxxxxx:
Persons class.
G000xxxxxx - xxxxxxxx
- xxxxxx
- xxxxxx
- xxxxxx

asp.
certificate, etc.)
You can email those application to Singapore High Commission as requested and they will proceed processing your dependant PR application. Usually they finalize your application first or until at Eligibility Stage and forward application package to Oversea Mission. I guess things have changed now and they want Principal applicant to forward requested forms himself/herself.

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
You can email those application to Singapore High Commission as requested and they will proceed processing your dependant PR application. Usually they finalize your application first or until at Eligibility Stage and forward application package to Oversea Mission. I guess things have changed now and they want Principal applicant to forward requested forms himself/herself.
I have already got the mail heading
"PR Portal (PR confirmation) - New Case Created Under Your Account | Portail RP (confirmation RP) - nouveau dossier créé dans votre compte" and i submitted my mailing address and uploaded photo. After that I mailed to Singapore regarding how i will send the asked documentation and singapore reply was below
"
spore.immigration@international.gc.ca
xxxxxxxxxx
to me

Dear Client,
Thank you for your enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada to Singapore.
As your application is being processed by the Hamilton IRCC Office, please submit your enquiry using the Case Specific Enquiry form for that office. If enquiries are not submitted through the Case Specific Enquiry link, they may not be responded to.

Given that Singapore is not the processing office for your application, please ensure that you fill out the web form with the correct destination where your application is being processs, To change your address, check your application status, or pay fees please visit the My Immigration or Citizenship Application webpage.

We hope this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely, "

this bit of confusing! Is the thing that Singapore is not confirming my query as i didnt get the COPR ?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I have already got the mail heading
"PR Portal (PR confirmation) - New Case Created Under Your Account | Portail RP (confirmation RP) - nouveau dossier créé dans votre compte" and i submitted my mailing address and uploaded photo. After that I mailed to Singapore regarding how i will send the asked documentation and singapore reply was below
"
spore.immigration@international.gc.ca
xxxxxxxxxx
to me

Dear Client,
Thank you for your enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada to Singapore.
As your application is being processed by the Hamilton IRCC Office, please submit your enquiry using the Case Specific Enquiry form for that office. If enquiries are not submitted through the Case Specific Enquiry link, they may not be responded to.

Given that Singapore is not the processing office for your application, please ensure that you fill out the web form with the correct destination where your application is being processs, To change your address, check your application status, or pay fees please visit the My Immigration or Citizenship Application webpage.

We hope this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely, "
Singapore is not processing office for you, but it is for your dependant. I guess you filled in webform indicating your UCI, Is that correct?

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Singapore is not processing office for you, but it is for your dependant. I guess you filled in webform indicating your UCI, Is that correct?
No brother , i didnt send my UCI , following was my mail to singapore . You can see a new G filee no was created by IRCC for my spouse and kids , i mentioned that no and my G file no .

Dear Sir/Madam

Good day.

I am a Convention refugee ( G000xxxxx) living in Canada and applied for Permanent residency for myself and my family( Living In Bangladesh) in xxxxx 2021. Yesterday I got a letter from the IRCC and was instructed to submit IMM0008,IMM5406 & IMM5669 (with other related documents) of my Spouse and dependents to the Singapore office.
IRCC also created a new File No for My Spouse and dependents which is G000xxxxx
My query is by which means should I send these documents
to SIngapore office ? Through Online or I need to send a hard copy ?
If it is online what will be the way ? If it is a Hard copy , what will be the address?

Please let me know this at your earliest convenience. ''

another thing to mention Message i can see from my GC account is below

''Latest update:
Final decision - June xx , 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made. ''
this status changed at the same day when when they sent me portal invitation.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
No brother , i didnt send my UCI , following was my mail to singapore . You can see a new G filee no was created by IRCC for my spouse and kids , i mentioned that no and my G file no .

Dear Sir/Madam

Good day.

I am a Convention refugee ( G000xxxxx) living in Canada and applied for Permanent residency for myself and my family( Living In Bangladesh) in xxxxx 2021. Yesterday I got a letter from the IRCC and was instructed to submit IMM0008,IMM5406 & IMM5669 (with other related documents) of my Spouse and dependents to the Singapore office.
IRCC also created a new File No for My Spouse and dependents which is G000xxxxx
My query is by which means should I send these documents
to SIngapore office ? Through Online or I need to send a hard copy ?
If it is online what will be the way ? If it is a Hard copy , what will be the address?

Please let me know this at your earliest convenience. ''

another thing to mention Message i can see from my GC account is below

''Latest update:
Final decision - June xx , 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made. ''
this status changed at the same day when when they sent me portal invitation.
okey i see, can you send to Hamilton office and while waiting for final decision, if within 90days then send to Singapore if you dont hear anything from Hamilton. It is confusing, but i guess you can do so after you have Ecopr

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
okey i see, can you send to Hamilton office and while waiting for final decision, if within 90days then send to Singapore if you dont hear anything from Hamilton. It is confusing, but i guess you can do so after you have Ecopr
Thanks for your kind reply bro. This is last four days summery .
First day , i got Pre arrival and above letter, and i forgot to mention this letter was headed with a mail from IRCC

"Good Day,
Your application is being reviewed; the dependents listed on file have been transferred to the corresponding Overseas Visa office for processing.
Please see attached correspondence for further instruction(s).
Thank you,
xxxxxxxxx
Hamilton IRCC"
Then i wrote to Singapore and i already wrote singapore response in my previous reply.'

The next day i got PR confirmation portal invitation and yesterday i submitted photo and mailing address .

today now im here ,wondering what is happening !

DanishGk

Jul 21, 2023
Thanks for your kind reply bro. This is last four days summery .
First day , i got Pre arrival and above letter, and i forgot to mention this letter was headed with a mail from IRCC

"Good Day,
Your application is being reviewed; the dependents listed on file have been transferred to the corresponding Overseas Visa office for processing.
Please see attached correspondence for further instruction(s).
Thank you,
xxxxxxxxx
Hamilton IRCC"
Then i wrote to Singapore and i already wrote singapore response in my previous reply.'

The next day i got PR confirmation portal invitation and yesterday i submitted photo and mailing address .

today now im here ,wondering what is happening !
I have a similar situation. Can you place tell me your experience?

1. How did you submit the IMM0008,IMM5406 & IMM5669 (with other related documents) of your Spouse and dependents to the Singapore office? Mail or post?

2. Any input needed from dependents to support the process?
3. Is the process is fast? (The processing time indicated as 45 month. )
4. One of my friend suggested to apply a new family sponsor PR visa since it might be faster then applying with principal applicant(under protected person PR category)?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
I have a similar situation. Can you place tell me your experience?

1. How did you submit the IMM0008,IMM5406 & IMM5669 (with other related documents) of your Spouse and dependents to the Singapore office? Mail or post?

2. Any input needed from dependents to support the process?
3. Is the process is fast? (The processing time indicated as 45 month. )
4. One of my friend suggested to apply a new family sponsor PR visa since it might be faster then applying with principal applicant(under protected person PR category)?

Thanks in advance.
Did you included your spouse and dependants when you applied for PR?

DanishGk

Jul 21, 2023
I saw your previous post about waiting for hearing.
Still im not sure that you are holding PR status or not
In my previous post on a different thread, I was asking for applying for visitor visa for spouse while waiting for my PR.
I got my ECORP last week.

Last month, I got a mail from IRCC to submit IMM0008, IMM5406 and IMM5669 for my family members. And I missed that mail. So, wondering how to proceed now? Like sent these docs or apply with family sponsor PR?

the mail from HAMILTON IRCC
Please note that application forms for your family members will not be sent by the mission. You or your family members are responsible for obtaining and completing the required application forms for all listed dependents, which must be sent to the visa office in COLUMBO.
The required application forms IMM0008, IMM5406 and IMM5669 for your dependents are to be obtained on the internet at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/menuoutside.asp.
 Civil documents (birth certificate, marriage certificate, death certificate, divorce certificate, etc.)
Information on where to submit your application may be obtained by consulting the web site http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp or by calling the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100. Immigration, Refugees Immigration, Réfugiés and Citizenship Canada et Citoyenneté Canada Please ensure that each family member aged 18 years or older completes and signs their own application forms and schedules.
The above requested information must be received at the appropriate visa office within 90 days from the date of this letter. If these items are not received, your application for permanent residence may be refused and no further consideration will be given to your request for permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted. When submitting applications please ensure that a copy of this letter is enclosed.

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
In my previous post on a different thread, I was asking for applying for visitor visa for spouse while waiting for my PR.
I got my ECORP last week.

Last month, I got a mail from IRCC to submit IMM0008, IMM5406 and IMM5669 for my family members. And I missed that mail. So, wondering how to proceed now? Like sent these docs or apply with family sponsor PR?

the mail from HAMILTON IRCC
Please note that application forms for your family members will not be sent by the mission. You or your family members are responsible for obtaining and completing the required application forms for all listed dependents, which must be sent to the visa office in COLUMBO.
The required application forms IMM0008, IMM5406 and IMM5669 for your dependents are to be obtained on the internet at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/menuoutside.asp.
 Civil documents (birth certificate, marriage certificate, death certificate, divorce certificate, etc.)
Information on where to submit your application may be obtained by consulting the web site http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp or by calling the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100. Immigration, Refugees Immigration, Réfugiés and Citizenship Canada et Citoyenneté Canada Please ensure that each family member aged 18 years or older completes and signs their own application forms and schedules.
The above requested information must be received at the appropriate visa office within 90 days from the date of this letter. If these items are not received, your application for permanent residence may be refused and no further consideration will be given to your request for permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted. When submitting applications please ensure that a copy of this letter is enclosed.
In my case, after ecopr, i also got the same mail from Hamilton IRCC. The next day i got mail from singapore about required docunents. But not
IMM0008, IMM5406 and IMM5669
Different office have different requirements.
The mail you got is a regular mail, but you previouslt submitted all those docunents, so wait for mail from Colombo. They must acknowledge first that they got your file from Hamilton. Follow their instruction.
Singapore office is relatively fast than other Overseas IRCC office.
Also i got PR from ICAC catagory ( Pilot Project), probably that was the reason that my file was moving fast.
The submission of document is easy.
Go through below link, click the Colombo office, you will get Colombo webform section.
Then you can upload file by file as per their instruction. Dont send IMM0008, IMM5406 and IMM5669 before Colombo IRCC asked these files.
Wait for their acknowledgement mail.
What they asked must is Police Certificate.
If your spouse/dependants lived any country more than six month, you need to get police certificate from that country. So manage these certifcate first. It will save your time.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices.html#c

Reactions: DanishGk

DanishGk

Jul 21, 2023
In my case, after ecopr, i also got the same mail from Hamilton IRCC. The next day i got mail from singapore about required docunents. But not
IMM0008, IMM5406 and IMM5669
Different office have different requirements.
The mail you got is a regular mail, but you previouslt submitted all those docunents, so wait for mail from Colombo. They must acknowledge first that they got your file from Hamilton. Follow their instruction.
Singapore office is relatively fast than other Overseas IRCC office.
Also i got PR from ICAC catagory ( Pilot Project), probably that was the reason that my file was moving fast.
The submission of document is easy.
Go through below link, click the Colombo office, you will get Colombo webform section.
Then you can upload file by file as per their instruction. Dont send IMM0008, IMM5406 and IMM5669 before Colombo IRCC asked these files.
Wait for their acknowledgement mail.
What they asked must is Police Certificate.
If your spouse/dependants lived any country more than six month, you need to get police certificate from that country. So manage these certifcate first. It will save your time.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices.html#c
Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation.
You clarified most of my doubts and confusions.