+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Issued 6 month single entry. Please help!!

vizag_canada

Star Member
Nov 28, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-dec-2010
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
13 dec 2010
Interview........
--waived--
Passport Req..
--waived--
VISA ISSUED...
14/jan/2011
LANDED..........
21/jan/2011
My parents visitor visas just got approved today. But with a twist. They were given only a single entry visa valid for 6 months. Their visa end date was as specified as in the application. 1) Is this common to get a single entry visa instead of 10 yr multiple entry ??
I also have another question.
2) As they have visa only until March 2017. But they are planning to come to Canada in January 2017. Should they leave by march 2017 or they can stay upto 6 months from the date of entry ?? Even after their visa sticker on passport expires ?? Please answer this i am quite confused. Thanks in advance.

Here are the timelines just in case its helpful for someone. applied from India thro delhi office.
Paper application applied: aug 23. Approved : sep 18.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
1. Yes, it's common enough for people to be issued single entry visas of a short duration.

2. The validity of a TRV has no bearing on status. They will be granted visitor status by CBSA upon entry; this is usually 6 months but can be less depending on the officer.

PR Aspirent

Sep 20, 2016
Hi,

I would like to know whether you applied from India or Online application from Canada?
wondering if we can apply though online application from canada for family members/parents.

Thanks in advance.

vizag_canada

Star Member
Nov 28, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-dec-2010
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
13 dec 2010
Interview........
--waived--
Passport Req..
--waived--
VISA ISSUED...
14/jan/2011
LANDED..........
21/jan/2011
Yes applied with a agent in India...they did paper application...i have linked it to online later. This help me track the application.

vizag_canada

Star Member
Nov 28, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-dec-2010
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
13 dec 2010
Interview........
--waived--
Passport Req..
--waived--
VISA ISSUED...
14/jan/2011
LANDED..........
21/jan/2011
canuck_in_uk said:
1. Yes, it's common enough for people to be issued single entry visas of a short duration.

2. The validity of a TRV has no bearing on status. They will be granted visitor status by CBSA upon entry; this is usually 6 months but can be less depending on the officer.
Good to know. But its very rare i guess to get a single entry. Not sure whats the criteria for the decision.

Thanks a lot for the reply. At least its a bit relieving.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
vizag_canada said:
Good to know. But its very rare i guess to get a single entry. Not sure whats the criteria for the decision.

Thanks a lot for the reply. At least its a bit relieving.
Though it is now standard to issue multiple entry TRVs, it is completely up to the individual officer reviewing the application and they can decide to issue just s single entry visa.

You can request the GCMS notes for their application; the reason(s) for issuing a single entry visa will be mentioned.

tajinder107

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
many of my friends have been issued single entry visa. this is not uncommon. where they have doubt they issue single entry

fusedpat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Dear All,

I am resident here.I am in process of applying my parent-in-laws visitor visa. I heard that if we apply for shorter period there are more chances of visa getting approved for 10 year multiple entry. Any idea on this?? As well we have applied in 2014 for my in laws my mother in law travelled to canada and for my father in law they sent mail to attend medicals again and then we have not proceeded with that medicals.Will that cause any problem??

vizag_canada

Star Member
Nov 28, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-dec-2010
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
13 dec 2010
Interview........
--waived--
Passport Req..
--waived--
VISA ISSUED...
14/jan/2011
LANDED..........
21/jan/2011
canuck_in_uk said:
Though it is now standard to issue multiple entry TRVs, it is completely up to the individual officer reviewing the application and they can decide to issue just s single entry visa.

You can request the GCMS notes for their application; the reason(s) for issuing a single entry visa will be mentioned.
Thats a good idea. I totally forgot about GCMs notes. Will surely apply for this soon. Thanks a lot for your reply.