+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is using POF money allowed after submitting PR application?

Ravirav

Dec 12, 2016
Hello house,

I am an inland FSW PR applicant. I have the required POF (13,000 CAD) in my bank account.

Can anyone please confirm whether we are allowed to utilize the POF money once our PR application is submitted?

If not, can you please tell me till what stage of application process is the money recommended to be in bank account untouched?

Request you to please respond at the earliest. Thanks a lot in advance!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello house,

I am an inland FSW PR applicant. I have the required POF (13,000 CAD) in my bank account.

Can anyone please confirm whether we are allowed to utilize the POF money once our PR application is submitted?

If not, can you please tell me till what stage of application process is the money recommended to be in bank account untouched?

Request you to please respond at the earliest. Thanks a lot in advance!!!
At any time during the processing of your application, IRCC may request further evidence of proof of funds.

So no, it is not safe to use the POF once your application is submitted. You need to leave the POF in your bank account without using it until PR is approved.

auditor1111

Oct 25, 2021
Experts could you help me with the following questions please:

• Due to medical & personal reasons, I had to use 1.72% of the POF money in my account post AOR. At the same time my local currency was also depreciating relative to the Canadian dollar on day to day basis. But I would also deposit the money back into the account as & when possible. So in short there were some days/period of time where the actual balance in my account was below the requirement 20,222$ but then as soon as I got my salary, I deposited and the balance went back up again in excess of the minimum requirement. I have proof of In the form of all the medical reports etc . is there a problem with this ?
  • Would the above be a problem if I submit an updated POF via web form so as to account for exchange rate depreciation to beef up the amount that I had initially declared in the POF which was submitted in august?
  • At the time of eAPR, the exchange rate was 130.620 PKR/CAD, and the rate is currently 141.50 PKR/CAD, and my funds are in cash (current account) denominated in PKR. The requirement for a family of 3 is 20,222 $. I have calculated that if the rate touches 143 PKR/CAD my declared amount which is PKR 2.9mn would fall short of the requirement by 13 CAD$. So the question is , if and when the same arises, do I immediately top up or wait for IRCC to get back to me
if anyone could help me with the above questions i would really appreciate it, ....in a lot of stress