+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is this normal ATIP ?

adam2681976

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Dear all,
I requested ATIP last month and i received it today, when i checked the CD they sent me i found it has PDF file of all documents i sent when i applied for the citizenship ( application, RQ and fingerprint )
i found no comments or anything thing as what people mentioned here about the notes written in my and may e the reason for that delay in my citizenship application( applied September 2011 and no response so far)

but i found only some stamps of the CIC about when documents wer received.

can anyone tell me is it normal for ATIP ?

thanks

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Can I ask if the scans are readable enough to be printed again and also are they in color or black/white? Does it have your English exam in it also? and my last question how long did it tale exactly to receive it from the day you applied (Considering the mailing time)? Thanks in advance for your response.

moti

Oct 24, 2012
hi Adam,

you must have selected the physical files while submitting the atip form. you should have selected , electronic files. you can order again for electronic files, although the electronic files notes also do not tell the reason for RQ.

hi subzero,

it takes 30 days to get ATIP report and the most convenient way is to get them by e-mail.

adam2681976

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Hi Subzero_2

its black and white, and they sent me CD just has all file documents i submitted including citizenship application and RQ form i submitted, regarding the English exam, i'm not required to pass an English exam, i applied in 2011

hi Moti,

i applied for Electronic file but they sent me a letter with the CD package saying that your file was too big to sent as electronically, that's why thy put on CD.

all the information found in my file the name of the current company i work for ( i wasn't working for this company when i applied for the citizenship).

do you think no officer checked my file till now ? i'm already 37 months since they started processing my file. and the call center said it will take up to 44 months

thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience

Regards

Adam

moti

Oct 24, 2012
Hi Adam,

did you remember what options you selected for the ATIP ? you ordered under privacy act or access of information act ? did you pay $5 fees ? which is your local office ?

adam2681976

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Hi Moti,

i selected email file, under the Access to Information Act and did pay the 5$ fees, my office is Calgary;

Thanks

Adam

walelo

Mar 11, 2014
adam2681976 said:
Dear all,
I requested ATIP last month and i received it today, when i checked the CD they sent me i found it has PDF file of all documents i sent when i applied for the citizenship ( application, RQ and fingerprint )
i found no comments or anything thing as what people mentioned here about the notes written in my and may e the reason for that delay in my citizenship application( applied September 2011 and no response so far)

but i found only some stamps of the CIC about when documents wer received.

can anyone tell me is it normal for ATIP ?

thanks

Hi

Yes , it is
My office is Calgary too and I applied on 2011 , I got AITP and it was the same like yours , not informative at all , I am so depressed from that :(
email me please for any update : wwilliam80@hotmail.com

karawan

Sep 13, 2010
Looks like you've selected the "Physical File" while requesting ATIP.

You need to request ATIP again. This time make correct selection in the field mentioned below:

*What type of information would you like to request? (This field is on page where you enter Client ID information etc)
Select--Notes in Electronic File (If you choose Physical File here then you'll not get any notes on your file, so make sure you select "Notes in Electronic File")

Hope this helps.

Karawan

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That sounds typical for a physical file, though I would encourage you to look through it again to make sure nothing interesting is hiding in there.

Here are some interesting things I found in my physical files: the word "unemployed" (two months) underlined by officer; a photocopy of the file folder showing where my file was since my application and who moved it from the inventory and when; an exchange of emails about whether or not my file could be expedited following a letter to the editor and radio interview I gave (no, I was "une vraie A5" so the assistant deputy minister lost interest).

You should also order your electronic files.

ATIP requesters can specify Privacy Act or Access to Information Act. It's the same info either way but Privacy Act is free.

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
eileenf said:
That sounds typical for a physical file, though I would encourage you to look through it again to make sure nothing interesting is hiding in there.

Here are some interesting things I found in my physical files: the word "unemployed" (two months) underlined by officer; a photocopy of the file folder showing where my file was since my application and who moved it from the inventory and when; an exchange of emails about whether or not my file could be expedited following a letter to the editor and radio interview I gave (no, I was "une vraie A5" so the assistant deputy minister lost interest).

You should also order your electronic files.

ATIP requesters can specify Privacy Act or Access to Information Act. It's the same info either way but Privacy Act is free.
I have applied fro ATIP September 4, 2014 still haven't heard anything. Is this normal?