+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this misrepresentation?

Sonia99

Aug 24, 2018
Hello all,

I hope seniors will help me here.

I was a student in Canada for 2 years and applied for a study permit extension. Before applying for the study permit extension something happened with me. I was shopping at H&M when unintentionally a 5 dollar earring fell into my bag and I was totally unaware of it as I was shopping with my friend. When I was walking out of the store the alarm rang and the security came to check me. They got a earring in my shopping bag which I had no intention to steal. I wasn’t handcuffed or anything though a police officer was called and I was sent for fingerprinting and photographed. I did so on the day scheduled. After a week I had to go to the court and when I spoke to the lawyer he presented my case to the judge and the judge dismissed the case without any further process or even any trial. I had to pay 50 dollar though and I was even asked to clear my fingerprints and photographs. I didn’t do that because I didn’t commit any crime. This happened in December.

I applied for study permit in January and was given my study permit extension. I also applied for pgwp and was granted pgwp for 3 years without declaring the arrest or charge because I wasn’t guilty or convicted. I applied for a TRV with my pgwp and I’m granted the TRV as well without stating the arrest or charge. Later my friend suggested me to send a webform stating this entire incident and I did so. My TRV is approved and I have to send it for stamping. The webform will be delivered to cic will this affect my TRV?

It honestly wasn’t my mistake. Even the judge and lawyer asked me to forget about whatever happened as I really wasn’t my mistake. I had no intention to steal a 5 dollar earring. Please help.

Sonia99

Aug 24, 2018
In addition to this I also did a police clearance/ background check for a job and it was all clear and the incident wasn’t mentioned. I’m afraid about the webform. I wish I didn’t submit it but I wanted to let cic know about everything though it wasn’t even my fault. The police officer, lawyer at the court and even the judge told me that I’m innocent and dismissed the case, I asked them if I have to ever mention this and they all said a no to me. I told the lawyer and was presented in front of the judge he smiled and said the case is dismissed.

Will this be misrepresentation? I’m really scared now.

Sonia99

Aug 24, 2018
You should be fine. As long as the case was dismissed.
I’m afraid they will take a case of misrepresentation as I didn’t mention this in my study permit extension or work permit. My friend asked me to send a webform if this and I did even though the lawyer and judge told me that I don’t have to talk about it.

Also, they have my fingerprints. I had the option of destroying it but I didn’t as I didn’t do anything wrong. If I would have destroyed it then it would be I’m trying to conceal something. I didn’t do anything.

Sonia99

Aug 24, 2018
Any advice from the senior members will be highly appreciated and relieving.

It hurts because I wasn’t at fault. It was out of being stupid and it was actually the fault of the cashier. Who put the earring in my bag I didn’t have any intention to steal anything. I told everything to the judge he dismissed the case and asked me to just donate 50 dollar that’s it.

What is going to be the outcome of the webform as I still have to send my passport for stamping. I’m just waiting for them to reply back to my webform. Will the refuse my application with misrepresentation?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello all,

I hope seniors will help me here.

I was a student in Canada for 2 years and applied for a study permit extension. Before applying for the study permit extension something happened with me. I was shopping at H&M when unintentionally a 5 dollar earring fell into my bag and I was totally unaware of it as I was shopping with my friend. When I was walking out of the store the alarm rang and the security came to check me. They got a earring in my shopping bag which I had no intention to steal. I wasn’t handcuffed or anything though a police officer was called and I was sent for fingerprinting and photographed. I did so on the day scheduled. After a week I had to go to the court and when I spoke to the lawyer he presented my case to the judge and the judge dismissed the case without any further process or even any trial. I had to pay 50 dollar though and I was even asked to clear my fingerprints and photographs. I didn’t do that because I didn’t commit any crime. This happened in December.

I applied for study permit in January and was given my study permit extension. I also applied for pgwp and was granted pgwp for 3 years without declaring the arrest or charge because I wasn’t guilty or convicted. I applied for a TRV with my pgwp and I’m granted the TRV as well without stating the arrest or charge. Later my friend suggested me to send a webform stating this entire incident and I did so. My TRV is approved and I have to send it for stamping. The webform will be delivered to cic will this affect my TRV?

It honestly wasn’t my mistake. Even the judge and lawyer asked me to forget about whatever happened as I really wasn’t my mistake. I had no intention to steal a 5 dollar earring. Please help.
If you were "cleared" why did you have to pay $50?

Sonia99

Aug 24, 2018
You didn't get any document about case dismissing and paid $50 without a receipt??
I did get all my documents and also a reciept. I’m only worried because I didn’t declare this in my study or work permit. I didn’t even mention this on my TRV until a few weeks ago when I sent a webform.

Sonia99

Aug 24, 2018
I’m only worried because this will be accounted as misrepresentation but the police officer and crown itself told me that I don’t have to mention it. They told me think like it never happened.

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
As it's dismissed, you don't have to mention this to anyone. You are clear.
You should destroy fingerprint and photo too. It's not hiding anything, just make everything logically normal.