+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there something wrong with e-CAS

Aamee

Sep 10, 2009
Hi, I am new to this form and hope you guys will shed some light on my situation.

I applied in August 2006. In December 2008 I was asked to update my file that I did. However I did not include PCC from Saudi Arabia. My consultant advised that CIC would ask for it later if they require. After a silence of 6 months, my consultatant enquired about the progress and in response CIC said they had earlier sent a request in January 2009 to submit the Original certificate and transcripts for me and my wife. According to my consultatant he never received such letter. Any how, CIC gave 30 days time to submit the docs, that we did, hower since original transcripts for my wife was missing, therefore we included the receipt of request with the University to issue a duplicate. After almost a month, I noticed my e-CAS was changed from "In Process" to "Decision Made". By that time, I had received the original transcript from the University which I immediately couriered to CIC London.

Now what you think the decision could be....is it positve (e.g. medical request) or negative???????

Another strange thing is appearing on my e-CAS, which reads as follows:

We started processing your application on September 11, 2006.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

When there was no medical requested, there was no medical rresults sent, then how come it says medical results have been received?????

I shall appreciate your comments.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aamee said:
Hi, I am new to this form and hope you guys will shed some light on my situation.

I applied in August 2006. In December 2008 I was asked to update my file that I did. However I did not include PCC from Saudi Arabia. My consultant advised that CIC would ask for it later if they require. After a silence of 6 months, my consultatant enquired about the progress and in response CIC said they had earlier sent a request in January 2009 to submit the Original certificate and transcripts for me and my wife. According to my consultatant he never received such letter. Any how, CIC gave 30 days time to submit the docs, that we did, hower since original transcripts for my wife was missing, therefore we included the receipt of request with the University to issue a duplicate. After almost a month, I noticed my e-CAS was changed from "In Process" to "Decision Made". By that time, I had received the original transcript from the University which I immediately couriered to CIC London.

Now what you think the decision could be....is it positve (e.g. medical request) or negative???????

Another strange thing is appearing on my e-CAS, which reads as follows:

We started processing your application on September 11, 2006.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

When there was no medical requested, there was no medical rresults sent, then how come it says medical results have been received?????

I shall appreciate your comments.
Sorry to hear this Man, something seems to have gone wrong down the line - could be mistaken identity. What is your consultant saying about the situation?
To be honest, one does not have to be a rocket scientist to understand and apply for any Immigration, not to talk of somebody who claims to be an Immigration Consultant. I should think that a consultant would know what to do - Man he is a consultant - a professional who provides advice in a particular area of expertise. If not write to them immediately and ask them these same questions - How come a conclusive decision could be reached without you undergoing any of the above?
"Confusion everywhere" - "Dem bring sorrows, tears and blood"

Aamee

Sep 10, 2009
Dear bobby

Thanks for your comments. Unfortunatley my consultant is no more than a post office, he was unable to give me any advice in critical times. Regarding this matter, he is asking me to wait for the letter to come, and now 2 weeks have passed since the e-CAS status changed. On my insistence, he e-mailed CIC London asking on what basis the decision had been made. But so far no reply. I am now planning to write an e-mail direectly with the hope that CIC may respond. I am still not sure what kind of decision is made. Probably they have entered wrong comments on e-CAS.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aamee said:
Dear bobby

Thanks for your comments. Unfortunatley my consultant is no more than a post office, he was unable to give me any advice in critical times. Regarding this matter, he is asking me to wait for the letter to come, and now 2 weeks have passed since the e-CAS status changed. On my insistence, he e-mailed CIC London asking on what basis the decision had been made. But so far no reply. I am now planning to write an e-mail direectly with the hope that CIC may respond. I am still not sure what kind of decision is made. Probably they have entered wrong comments on e-CAS.
Whilst obviously appreciating the fact that CIC does not like people "pestering them". I think it is your right to find out exactly what is happening. However, as you said, you may want to wait and give them the benefit of doubt before you write them yourself. Alternatively, you can also wait until you receive a letter from them. Should it be negative, then you will have to appeal within the specified time limit.
"To be forewarned is to be forearmed".

Good Luck.

hamsafar610

Star Member
Nov 5, 2008
dear aamee, i m affraid that before medical ecas shows 'decision made' it means refusal, my personal experience, its very easy to say but hard and painful to believe. u wil receive their decision wd ur originals in a week or so time. then the picture will be clear wts gone worng then share ur situation so anyone could give u coments/suggestions

Aamee

Sep 10, 2009
Thanks Bobby. I am keeping all my hopes alive. When CIC changed e-CAS status to Decision Made, my file was lacking 2 documents:

1. Saudi PCC
2. Wife's original transcripts

For lack of Saudi PCC, I don't think CIC would take any negative desicion, because it is not required for former residents of Saudi Arabia. This is waht CIC's own website says: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/saudi-arabia.asp
I am currently not resident of Saudi Arabia, so PCC is not required.

For lack of wife's original transcripts, there could be a 50/50 chance that IO made an excuse since he had requested for all orginal to be submitted within 30 days, but I failed to submit one document. However, when e-CAS status changed to Decision Made, I couriered the original transcript. If IO accepts it, then possibly he will not send any letter regarding decision made and continue the process.

a) What do you think how long it takes for such letter to reach after e-CAS status changed to Decision Made.
b) What is the time frame for sumitting an appeal for a negative decision
c) Meantime, I have contacted a Canadian consultatnt to arrange to obtain my CAIPS file, do you think there is no harm in obtaining it, and it would not have any impact on my case

Appreciate your comments

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aamee said:
Thanks Bobby. I am keeping all my hopes alive. When CIC changed e-CAS status to Decision Made, my file was lacking 2 documents:

1. Saudi PCC
2. Wife's original transcripts

For lack of Saudi PCC, I don't think CIC would take any negative desicion, because it is not required for former residents of Saudi Arabia. This is waht CIC's own website says: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/saudi-arabia.asp
I am currently not resident of Saudi Arabia, so PCC is not required.

For lack of wife's original transcripts, there could be a 50/50 chance that IO made an excuse since he had requested for all orginal to be submitted within 30 days, but I failed to submit one document. However, when e-CAS status changed to Decision Made, I couriered the original transcript. If IO accepts it, then possibly he will not send any letter regarding decision made and continue the process.

Now, this could be where the problem lies (I am purely assuming whilst thinking logically). If they did not get it within the specified time limit, that means no points for "Adaptability". If they gave you "0" points for adaptability, would you have attained the required 67 points?

a) What do you think how long it takes for such letter to reach after e-CAS status changed to Decision Made.
Sorry mate, I haven't got a clue about this. But did the original transcript of your wife get to them within the time limit?
b) What is the time frame for sumitting an appeal for a negative decision
That will be stated in your "Refusal letter". I guess about 30days.
c) Meantime, I have contacted a Canadian consultatnt to arrange to obtain my CAIPS file, do you think there is no harm in obtaining it, and it would not have any impact on my case.
There is no harm at this stage to get the CAIPS. It would be nice to have it before you receive their decision mail though.

Again, to be "forewarned is to be forearmed"

Appreciate your comments

Aamee

Sep 10, 2009
Dear Bobby,

I am so grateful for your point-to-point explanation which is indeed very helpful.

I was just looking back to my file to see how my consultant calculated my score and I have a question for you. I am a Science Graduate (BSc Pass) and my wife Arts Graduate (BA Pass), meanting that each one of us has completed 14 years of full-time continous education. How many points you will give me under Education as main applicant, and how many to my wife?

Hope for your usual prompt response. Many thanks.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aamee said:
Dear Bobby,

I am so grateful for your point-to-point explanation which is indeed very helpful.

I was just looking back to my file to see how my consultant calculated my score and I have a question for you. I am a Science Graduate (BSc Pass) and my wife Arts Graduate (BA Pass), meanting that each one of us has completed 14 years of full-time continous education. How many points you will give me under Education as main applicant, and how many to my wife?

Hope for your usual prompt response. Many thanks.
As far as Education points are concerned, nothing has changed:

For the principal Applicant: 20
For the spouse: 4

Aamee

Sep 10, 2009
Based on this, my score is calculated as follows:

Education: 20 (BSc Pass i.e. 14 years of full-time study)
Language: 16 (IELTS Score L7+R7+W7+S7.5)
Experience: 21 (21 years constantly in the same profession)
Spouse Education: 4 (BA Pass, i.e. 14 years of full-time study)
Relative in Canada: 5 (brother migrated a year ago through same points system)
Total Score: 76

If we assume that IO did not give any score for Wife's education, then still total score stays at 72.

Can you once again look at the score for education. Note that in my country there are 2 types of Bachelors degree, one is called BSc Pass, the other is BSc honour. The earlier takes 2 years to complete which makes a total of 14 years of education, while the later takes 3 years, total 15 years of education. Do you think two different lenghths of bachelors degree fetch different scores, even though both are called Bachelors degree?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aamee said:
Based on this, my score is calculated as follows:

Education: 20 (BSc Pass i.e. 14 years of full-time study)
Language: 16 (IELTS Score L7+R7+W7+S7.5)
Experience: 21 (21 years constantly in the same profession)
Spouse Education: 4 (BA Pass, i.e. 14 years of full-time study)
Relative in Canada: 5 (brother migrated a year ago through same points system)
Total Score: 76

If we assume that IO did not give any score for Wife's education, then still total score stays at 72.

Can you once again look at the score for education. Note that in my country there are 2 types of Bachelors degree, one is called BSc Pass, the other is BSc honour. The earlier takes 2 years to complete which makes a total of 14 years of education, while the later takes 3 years, total 15 years of education. Do you think two different lenghths of bachelors degree fetch different scores, even though both are called Bachelors degree?

NO, they both get 20 points.

That means that you are OK as far as the points are concerned.
So, it must be something else. Could it be a mistaken identity or is there anything you can think of? This is where CAIPS may become helpful. Have you checked your eCAS status again?

Aamee

Sep 10, 2009
Dear Bobby,

There could be one the following reasons (just a guess work):

1. Since wife's transcripts were forwarded after the deadline of 1st August, therefore IO closed the file (though other Originals were forwarded within the time frame i.e. on 20 July)

2. As you said, there could be a mistaken identity on e-CAS. Our suspecision is based on the desciption of e-CAS which reads: "Medical results have been received", while in fact, niether medical request was received from CIC nor medical was done. So e-CAS status is not the true reflection of my case. If its true then my correct status should be "In Process".

3. My consultant says that the problem only occurred when CIC asked for Orignal Certificate and transcripts and possibly IO was unable to get any verfication for the degree from my University, hence this situation. He had a similar situation in the past for one of his clients.

You are right CAIPS notes will be helpful, which will reach me in 4 to 6 weeks time.

Today I am going to see my consultant to see if he can make some comments and will let you know.

Thanks Bobby for your continous attention which is indeed very helpful and keeps my hopes alive.

hamsafar610

Star Member
Nov 5, 2008
2. As you said, there could be a mistaken identity on e-CAS. Our suspecision is based on the desciption of e-CAS which reads: "Medical results have been received", while in fact, niether medical request was received from CIC nor medical was done. So e-CAS status is not the true reflection of my case. If its true then my correct status should be "In Process".

[/quote]

dear Amee,

i just would like to bring in you knowledge that "Medical results have been received" is usually mention in the online status whn its changed to 'decisoin made' before medical request, its my personal experience, i was on the same boat, after its gone again back to 'in process' whn i click 'in process' the same three line wording appears on the screen. So in my experience its their general practice

Aamee

Sep 10, 2009
Dear Hamsafar,

I couldn't get it clearly. Can you share what exactly happend in your case. Why did your status changed from "In Process" to "Decision Made" and then again to "In Process". Do you mean when CIC is requesting for Medicals, the status is generally changed to "Decision Made" with further comments that "Medical results have been received" while still it is at requesting stage?????

Please share your experience. I shall be grateful for your inputs.