speedoflight

Star Member
Jul 17, 2007
Europe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear forum Members,

is there a website that offers job for Outsiders, I mean from people that are outside Canada?

Any help please

Regards
Speedoflight

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - there are no reputable (trustworthy) web sites that offer jobs for people who are outside of Canada.

speedoflight

Star Member
Jul 17, 2007
Europe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks VIP

so the only way is to go there as a visitor and search for a job, right

scylla said:
No - there are no reputable (trustworthy) web sites that offer jobs for people who are outside of Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - that's certainly not the only way.

You can look for jobs on reputable Canadian job web sites such as monster.ca and the Canadian Job Bank - and apply for jobs where you meet the qualifications. Many of the employers posting jobs on these sites many not be interested in hiring a foreign worker (I'm assuming your a foreign worker rather than a Canadian who is outside of the country right now). However you might get lucky and find someone who is willing to go through the LMO process if they decide you're the right candidate for the job.

Hope this helps.

speedoflight

Star Member
Jul 17, 2007
Europe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK Scylla

I agree with you, but how can Canada every year hires 150.000 Foreign Workers (CIC source).

its 410 workers a day for 365 day, its a lot.

Lets say half of them get from regular visas, ex-students, family

what about the rest 75000, do you think that they get hired overseas.

I don't think so.

scylla said:
No - that's certainly not the only way.

You can look for jobs on reputable Canadian job web sites such as monster.ca and the Canadian Job Bank - and apply for jobs where you meet the qualifications. Many of the employers posting jobs on these sites many not be interested in hiring a foreign worker (I'm assuming your a foreign worker rather than a Canadian who is outside of the country right now). However you might get lucky and find someone who is willing to go through the LMO process if they decide you're the right candidate for the job.

Hope this helps.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You asked: "so the only way is to go there as a visitor and search for a job, right". And I answered your question.

I have no idea how many are hired from where and it doesn't sound like you do either. However it's certainly possible to be hired from overseas and many have done it successfully (just visit the foreign worker section of this forum and you'll see many examples). How you yourself chose to look for a job in Canada is obviously entirely up to you.

luisdneza

Nov 29, 2012
speedoflight said:
Dear forum Members,

is there a website that offers job for Outsiders, I mean from people that are outside Canada?

Any help please

Regards
Speedoflight
I got my job contract through craigslist.

aristrauch

Dec 5, 2012
I would highly recommend indeed.com and ca.indeed.com specifically for Canada. They are a great international job search site.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
speedoflight said:
What is that?
Craigslist is a site where people post messages about all sorts of things. Everything from selling items, to renting apartments, to adopting pets, to jobs, to personal ads.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites#CA

speedoflight

Star Member
Jul 17, 2007
Europe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks aristrauch

aristrauch said:
I would highly recommend indeed.com and ca.indeed.com specifically for Canada. They are a great international job search site.

speedoflight

Star Member
Jul 17, 2007
Europe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks scylla

I appreciate,
:p

scylla said:
Craigslist is a site where people post messages about all sorts of things. Everything from selling items, to renting apartments, to adopting pets, to jobs, to personal ads.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites#CA

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
speedoflight said:
OK Scylla

I agree with you, but how can Canada every year hires 150.000 Foreign Workers (CIC source).

its 410 workers a day for 365 day, its a lot.

Lets say half of them get from regular visas, ex-students, family

what about the rest 75000, do you think that they get hired overseas.

I don't think so.
A good chunk of that is live in caregivers (which require special training or experience) and jobs in the middle of the frozen north of AB and SK. LMO jobs outside that are rare in the city.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Trying to get a job offer in Canada by contacting employers and trying to get them to apply for an LMO for you is hard but not impossible. Of course also depends on what field you are in and if that field is in demand in Canada.

Many of the people on work permits are also recruited through agencies. Yes, you can say what you want about agencies but if a Canadian family wants to hire an live-in caregiver and they have no contacts in a country where a live-in caregiver might come from, they go to an agency. The agency will advertise for caregivers in some country and some of those will end up in Canada. Now, maybe the agency will make them pay for the privilege which is not allowed in Canada but if some people are willing to pay to get the opportunity, the agency gets away with it.

Same for non-caregivers. Say I have a business and I need welders, electricians whatever, if I can't find one in Canada, I go to an agency. The agency will advertise, possibly in some country where tradesmen are plentiful and make less money than here and I will end up with qualified employees. Some Canadian employers also look for people from countries that have a working holiday visa agreement with Canada. That way, they can get their employees without much paperwork and if they want them to stay at the end of the year or two, they can think about an LMO.