+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there a website that aggregates conferences and events with IRCC event codes in one place

Apr 16, 2024
As the title suggests, i want to find events that have event code that is registered with the ircc. I want to find events that have that legitimacy as i believe i would have a better chance of obtaining a visa.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
As the title suggests, i want to find events that have event code that is registered with the ircc. I want to find events that have that legitimacy as i believe i would have a better chance of obtaining a visa.
Why? Are you genuine in wanting to attend a conference? Where do you live? You attend a conference to build on your career/education, not just to obtain a visa. You show that you have attended such conferences in your country and region, and therefore need to come to Canada to expand your career goals. Or you are a speaker or presenter at such a conference. Just finding a conference registered with IRCC doesn’t approve your chances.

Apr 16, 2024
So you don't know of any? I want to attend a conference in Canada in the domain of hotel and hospitality industry. I am looking to attend for such an event for the purpose of networking. I am looking for other events in other countries and Canada happens to be one of the countries i am interested in. An event there would have heavy-weights of the industry, which i am interested in meeting and learning from.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So you don't know of any? I want to attend a conference in Canada in the domain of hotel and hospitality industry. I am looking to attend for such an event for the purpose of networking. I am looking for other events in other countries and Canada happens to be one of the countries i am interested in. An event there would have heavy-weights of the industry, which i am interested in meeting and learning from.
There is no IRCC list. You do your own research. Also pick a conference for next year because processing may be long. Are you an owner/manager? Country? Have you attended such conferences in your country or region?

Last edited:

Yess

Star Member
Jan 22, 2024
Where are you applying from? Is the conference in your field as well. Like do you have experience in such areas?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am going to be applying from Ethiopia. yes it is in my field and yes i do have experience.
Coming all the way to Canada for a conference makes no sense. Assume you own a resort or are a manager of a high end resort to need to come to an international conference. How will it help your networking and business in Ethiopia? Find a conference and become a speaker to speak about your expertise in expanding tourism in Ethopia.

Yess

Star Member
Jan 22, 2024
Coming all the way to Canada for a conference makes no sense. Assume you own a resort or are a manager of a high end resort to need to come to an international conference. How will it help your networking and business in Ethiopia? Find a conference and become a speaker to speak about your expertise in expanding tourism in Ethopia.
I think it’s field dependent as major science conferences move around the world. So this year in North America, the next Africa, then Europe etc. So coming to Canada for a conference is definitely field and situation dependent.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I think it’s field dependent as major science conferences move around the world. So this year in North America, the next Africa, then Europe etc. So coming to Canada for a conference is definitely field dependent.
He is in tourism/hospitality so makes no sense. He should be focusing on regional/national conferences to network. Canadian tourism conferences would bring together Canadian stakeholders. Now if you own a chain of hotels/resorts then maybe it would make sense.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes i do own a hotel.
So research conferences in Canada that focus on international tourism, not only Canadian tourism. Contact organizers to be a speaker on how you have built your business and attracted international travellers. Contact other Canadian hotel owners like yourself to network and set up business meetings to strengthen purpose of visit.

Last edited:

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
It is perfectly fine to visit Canada for Conference. There are daily conferences throughout Canada and many have international attendees.

Where Conferences/ trade shows/ international events are a great opportunity to get industry knowledge and insights on latest trends, there are lot of people who do use this path to just get a visa and sneak in. and once they are refused they complaint about how harsh are the Visa officers.

The Canadian Visa officers are well trained to smell the fishy applicants. They can find and pinpoint the red flags very easily, this is their daily work.

Moreover, Conference invitation will address only one part of your application, that is "Purpose of trip". You are still left with other parts, such as "Ties" , "Financial circumstances" etc.

In my personal opinion, if you are not of at least a Director or Manager level position, or not stable enough , or have not attended such conferences nationally and internationally, do not attempt for a Canada visa. At the end of day, your story and circumstances should make sense.

Last edited: