+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is source verification necessary for all ECA by MCC?

SreejithR

Jul 28, 2017
Hi,
I am a dependent applicant in the Canada Express entry Programme under FSWP. I am a MBBS graduate from India and I would like to get my degree also assessed as it would add up to the points. But in the MCC site I noticed that they have mentioned if the date and place of degree issue is mentioned in the medical transcript then we do not need to apply for a source verification but can directly proceed with the ECA.
Is it so? any idea anyone? or a source verification is compulsory for all medical degree?

Below given is the note from MCC site:

Note:
Under the Express Entry system, you must have your final medical degree/diploma source verified by the MCC before you can request an ECA report. However, if your medical degree transcript has already been source verified — and your transcript clearly confirms that your degree was awarded and the date it was awarded — you can proceed directly with your ECA request even if your degree/diploma has not yet been source verified.

please help as its very urgent!!!!

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Source verification is compulsory. In the line you just shared it says ( if your transcripts have already been source verified). So it applies to people who maybe just finised from medical school, didnt get their degree yet as sometimes it gets delayed with the ceremonies, but you already source verified your transcripts, then no need to source verify the degree later.
MCC wont issue an ECA for a foreign degree without finishing first an SVR ( source verification request). You better get started as it takes time.
GL

peegee100

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Dr.Feras is correct.
Please register for an account on Physiciansapply.ca ( if you have not done so already), and apply for SVR for all the degrees, but definitely the MBBS degree. It will take quite some time for the SVR as MCC sends it to ECFMG, and that is forwarded to your medical institution and then the reply sent back to ECFMG, who then forward it to MCC.
Of course if you have applied for USMLE in the past, and ECFMG has already done the SVR, then its all easy......

PG

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Dr.Feras is correct.
Please register for an account on Physiciansapply.ca ( if you have not done so already), and apply for SVR for all the degrees, but definitely the MBBS degree. It will take quite some time for the SVR as MCC sends it to ECFMG, and that is forwarded to your medical institution and then the reply sent back to ECFMG, who then forward it to MCC.
Of course if you have applied for USMLE in the past, and ECFMG has already done the SVR, then its all easy......

PG
Our med school system is similar to canada. I have bachelors of health sciences ( 4 years) followed by doctor of medicine degree M.D (3 years ). The M.D degree was the only piece of paper I sent, no transcripts no previous degrees no internship was required. After finishing my SVR request I got my ECA equivalent to canadian ( doctor of Medicine).
Good luck

Reactions: arashhm

pindamani

Sep 24, 2017
Guys my MBBS degree has been ECFMG verified for USMLE alredy two year back. Now i want to apply for immigration Canada. I have done Master of Surgery from India too. How i will evaluate my master degree credentials? Should it be through physicianally too?
I will appreciate help. I am confused right now.

pindamani

Sep 24, 2017
Our med school system is similar to canada. I have bachelors of health sciences ( 4 years) followed by doctor of medicine degree M.D (3 years ). The M.D degree was the only piece of paper I sent, no transcripts no previous degrees no internship was required. After finishing my SVR request I got my ECA equivalent to canadian ( doctor of Medicine).
Good luck
Hey congratulations, but my question is why not ECA counted your MD degree toward master degree in your ECA. because MD degree here in Canada is equal to MBBS in INDIA. Or getting MD equavilence in ECA provides us full scores for PR Canada?

Thank you very much.

VKBS

Nov 10, 2017
Dr.Feras is correct.

PG
Hi PG,
Could you shed some light on the process of obtaining the ECA if you're already ECFMG certified and finished postgraduate training in the United States?

Dr Sehrish

Nov 17, 2016
Hello all

Please guide me if someone has already got ECFMG verification,do they have to pay fee for source verification again while applying for ECA from MCC?

Thank you in advance.

peegee100

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Hi PG,
Could you shed some light on the process of obtaining the ECA if you're already ECFMG certified and finished postgraduate training in the United States?
HI VKBS,

Please login to your physiciansapply.ca account-if you do not have one, please register. One you have an account, scroll down, and apply for the ECA, pay the requisite fee, and you are done. (Mind you, I am assuming that physiciansapply.ca has source verified all your documents... otherwise the process does take a few months-luckily for you, the documents are sent to ECFMG, and since your documents are already source verified by ECFMG, its so much simpler for you).

Hope that helps.

PeeGee

Leologus

Feb 4, 2018
India
Good luck
hello,i am a doctor from India..i have done MBBS (5.5 years) and then MS (Master of Surgery) (3 years)..i want to know is my MS be considered masters in canada??...also if yes then shud i submit only my MS degree for ECA or both MBBS an