+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is source verification necessary for all ECA by MCC?

Leologus

Feb 4, 2018
India
Our med school system is similar to canada. I have bachelors of health sciences ( 4 years) followed by doctor of medicine degree M.D (3 years ). The M.D degree was the only piece of paper I sent, no transcripts no previous degrees no internship was required. After finishing my SVR request I got my ECA equivalent to canadian ( doctor of Medicine).
Good luck
hello,i am a doctor from India..i have done MBBS (5.5 years) and then MS (Master of Surgery) (3 years)..i want to know is my MS be considered masters in canada??...also if yes then shud i submit only my MS degree for ECA or both MBBS and MS degree??

arashhm

May 27, 2018
Hi Dears,
I want to SVR my Medical Degree for Express Entry program. There is 2 different sections in physicians apply: 1st one just SVR the Final Diploma or Degree and the 2nd one JUST SVR Transcripts

As it is very expensive to submit both of them, would you please guide me which one should I apply?

KiranG80

Star Member
Sep 10, 2018
Hi Guys,

Anyone from India, especially from the government medical college of Maharashtra state, has done SVR for MCC? Do you end up paying government bond? How did you follow up with the Dean office of your college for SVR from ECFMG?

Drarebrain

Nov 19, 2018
hello,i am a doctor from India..i have done MBBS (5.5 years) and then MS (Master of Surgery) (3 years)..i want to know is my MS be considered masters in canada??...also if yes then shud i submit only my MS degree for ECA or both MBBS and MS degree??
Even I am having the same confusion for MD Pharmacology Degree....can anyone help us please...

DR.GULRASOOL

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Dr.Feras is correct.
Please register for an account on Physiciansapply.ca ( if you have not done so already), and apply for SVR for all the degrees, but definitely the MBBS degree. It will take quite some time for the SVR as MCC sends it to ECFMG, and that is forwarded to your medical institution and then the reply sent back to ECFMG, who then forward it to MCC.
Of course if you have applied for USMLE in the past, and ECFMG has already done the SVR, then its all easy......

PG
I ahve done ECFMG, HOW CAN I ENTER THAT ID IN MCC ACCOUNT FOR SVR?

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Old post, but I hope someone can reply.

What's the average time to get source verification after you pay and send the documents?