+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is P.ENG (PEO) license required for the Express entry?

Joel129

Aug 10, 2023
My current job in Canada match with the NOC 21311. However, I see that in the employment requirements its indicates that P.Eng license is required but I don't have it. I am wondering if I apply using the NOC 21311 without having the P.Eng license IRCC would reject my application. I have bachelor degree in Computer Eng. from my home country.

Below you will find what are the employment requirements according to the National occupations 2021 web page:

• Computer engineers require a bachelor's degree in computer engineering, electrical or electronics engineering, engineering physics or computer science.
  • A master's or doctoral degree in a related engineering discipline may be required.
  • Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
  • Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering and passing a professional practice examination.

Please I would appreciate any comment, advice or recommendation from previous experiences. Thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My current job in Canada match with the NOC 21311. However, I see that in the employment requirements its indicates that P.Eng license is required but I don't have it. I am wondering if I apply using the NOC 21311 without having the P.Eng license IRCC would reject my application. I have bachelor degree in Computer Eng. from my home country.

Below you will find what are the employment requirements according to the National occupations 2021 web page:

• Computer engineers require a bachelor's degree in computer engineering, electrical or electronics engineering, engineering physics or computer science.
  • A master's or doctoral degree in a related engineering discipline may be required.
  • Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
  • Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering and passing a professional practice examination.

Please I would appreciate any comment, advice or recommendation from previous experiences. Thanks in advance.
For EE, you don’t need a P.Eng.