+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is online test faster than paper-based?

Scottpark77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
when I look at the spreadsheet for 2020 citizenship applicants, it does seem like urgent processing ones are faster than normal ones.

I understand that they are faster because, they are 'urgent'

but when I look at the spreadsheet for 2020 DECEMBER applicants,
there are so many online applicants who has already finished the test, when those of who applied earlier in 2020 has not yet moved from IP.

any statistics about paper based vs online applicants?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
when I look at the spreadsheet for 2020 citizenship applicants, it does seem like urgent processing ones are faster than normal ones.

I understand that they are faster because, they are 'urgent'

but when I look at the spreadsheet for 2020 DECEMBER applicants,
there are so many online applicants who has already finished the test, when those of who applied earlier in 2020 has not yet moved from IP.

any statistics about paper based vs online applicants?
They were the first batch of online citizenship applicants. A handful of December 2020 applicants have taken their oath in late may / early June but that's only a handful, I think. There are a large number of December 2020 and other online applicants still waiting.

Their processing times are an exception, not the norm. Given the current processing delays, it would be safe to assume the processing times as 18 months from the date of submission in order to avoid disappointment. As of late, the volume of test invitations appears to be climbing and this will slowly erode the backlog away.

Also, applications move at different speeds. Not all applications move at the same pace. Depends on the complexity of your file, your local visa office, the officer processing your case and their workload, your BG checks (criminality, security clearances), the need for an interview and so many other factors determine how soon your applications will be processed. So, there is no guarantee that your application will be processed within the 12 month processing time that IRCC claims.

Good luck!

Scottpark77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
I can see the 'start your application online' button at the end of "https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/screening" anytime anywhere with any computer. When I click the start application online it makes me to create an online account, and when I log in into the account it is automatically directs me to Apply for Canadian Citizenship webpage, where I can upload my documents or select the answers from what they are asking me.

where is the random selection part?

Scottpark77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
They were the first batch of online citizenship applicants. A handful of December 2020 applicants have taken their oath in late may / early June but that's only a handful, I think. There are a large number of December 2020 and other online applicants still waiting.

Also, applications move at different speeds. Not all applications move at the same pace. Depends on the complexity of your file, your local visa office, the officer processing your case and their workload, your BG checks (criminality, security clearances), the need for an interview and so many other factors determine how soon your applications will be processed. So, there is no guarantee that your application will be processed within the 12 month processing time that IRCC claims.

Good luck!
This is exactly why I was asking, since this community looks like has a lot of spreadsheets that has been made within, about if there is any statistical data about the online applicants vs paper based. If they passed because they were the first batch and is not the norm, I can just think of it as an outliner and when the time comes I can decide which way to apply.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
This is exactly why I was asking, since this community looks like has a lot of spreadsheets that has been made within, about if there is any statistical data about the online applicants vs paper based. If they passed because they were the first batch and is not the norm, I can just think of it as an outliner and when the time comes I can decide which way to apply.
If you are submitting a single application (not applying with family, for instance), then online application might be a good choice.

It is likely that IRCC will make all applications online in the near future (maybe a year from now) because they've built this platform to simplify the workflow and reduce manual work. So, resources and personnel would very likely be added to this process thereby making it more efficient and possibly quicker.

This is only my opinion. Research about the 2 options and see what fits you better.

Good luck!

Scottpark77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
If you are submitting a single application (not applying with family, for instance), then online application might be a good choice.

It is likely that IRCC will make all applications online in the near future (maybe a year from now) because they've built this platform to simplify the workflow and reduce manual work. So, resources and personnel would very likely be added to this process thereby making it more efficient and possibly quicker.

This is only my opinion. Research about the 2 options and see what fits you better.

Good luck!
hey I am still confused.
the code that you said about being able to see after refreshing multiple times (where it says,9 empty 1alert) does not seem like it exists anymore.
so when I become eligible (which means when I have1095 days,) can I just apply through https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/landing ??
I did go on to the website that people say the new banner appears when you refresh but it does not appear, and the websource does not have the code either.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hey I am still confused.
the code that you said about being able to see after refreshing multiple times (where it says,9 empty 1alert) does not seem like it exists anymore.
so when I become eligible (which means when I have1095 days,) can I just apply through https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/landing ??
I did go on to the website that people say the new banner appears when you refresh but it does not appear, and the websource does not have the code either.
I still see that piece of code. I just checked the Citizenship grant application page. I keep seeing the link every time I open the page.

I think you'll see that piece of code only when the online application banner is shown.

Yes, you can directly apply using that link. So many applicants have done the same thing.

Scottpark77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
I still see that piece of code. I just checked the Citizenship grant application page. I keep seeing the link every time I open the page.

I think you'll see that piece of code only when the online application banner is shown.

Yes, you can directly apply using that link. So many applicants have done the same thing.
can you give me the link to the address that you see the link?

but when I follow your link (I am talking about "read this").IRCC on twitter has clarified that we CAN'T apply if we have not get chosen to though,

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
can you give me the link to the address that you see the link?

but when I follow your link (I am talking about "read this").IRCC on twitter has clarified that we CAN'T apply if we have not get chosen to though,
Here's the URL:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply.html

I've said that a lot of times already. Their term "random" is misleading. "Random" = applicants who see the online citizenship link banner on the page.

I will not repeat myself again on this topic. If you want to apply, go ahead. Otherwise, apply on paper.

You might want to discuss with applicants from December 2020 till date and see how many of them applied using the "direct link". I hate the word "direct link" because when you see the banner, it is the same link that is being passed around to apply "directly".

Reactions: GokulGuruprasad