+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is my case strong enough to be granted a TRV?

evadenzin

May 28, 2015
i am Eva, 19 yo, in Pakistan. i am planning to visit my friend Natasha (36 yo) in Canada. i have that thing called 'the wanderlust'. also i want to be more confident and independent in my life, this is why i am going to visit Canada (and my friend has encouraged me take this step). this 'll only be a begining coz i plan to travel all around the world. but i doubt that my visa application will most likely be rejected. here are a few details:

i am not enrolled in any university yet, and don't have any job.
i am financially dependent on my elder brother (coz my father died a few years ago).
i have all of my family in Pakistan, we live together.
i am youngest of all the siblings.
i haven't traveled to any other country before, no one in my family did.
i'll be travelling alone.
one of my uncles lives in Canada with his family (they are all Canadian citizens) but we don't have connection with them.
my friend is a Canadian citizen.

what purpose of visit should i state in my application? should i state i'll be living with my friend or rent a room? should i attach a letter of invitation from my friend? should i say anything about my uncle or is this topic better left untouched?
if visiting friend isn't good enough then: i have a disorder called PAIS. i can state that i am going there for medical treatment (which is not available in Pakistan).

in what way should i show the proof of funds? in my brother's account or open my own account? how much money 'll i need to show?

i can enroll in a university to increase the chances of my return to Pakistan. what other things can be done to make my application more convincing?

will i need a medical examination?

and, lastly, should i apply online or in person? (i know it doesn't make much of a difference)

any suggestions plz! what should i do? can u please guide me in the right direction?
(if u need more info, i can add it later.)

evadenzin

May 28, 2015
jEmilio said:
No, it isn't because you dont have any reason to come back to your country.
i have my family to return to and i am financially dependent on my brother. so, i do have reasons to come back to my country.

and, still, if you think i don't, then give me a few 'suggestions' to increase my chances.

AND PLEASE! CAN ANY SENIOR MEMBER REPLY TO THIS POST QUICK? i am waiting to apply for the visa.

Teeeeeeee

May 27, 2015
evadenzin said:
i have my family to return to and i am financially dependent on my brother. so, i do have reasons to come back to my country.

and, still, if you think i don't, then give me a few 'suggestions' to increase my chances.

AND PLEASE! CAN ANY SENIOR MEMBER REPLY TO THIS POST QUICK? i am waiting to apply for the visa.
I am not a senior menber but I think medical treatment is your best bet. get a reference from doctor that you need treatment asap and all supporting docs for where you want to get the treatment. university enrollment will be too obvious cause of timing , use your brother as supporter.. get info from hospital you intend to get treated, how much and bookings etc, My opinion

evadenzin

May 28, 2015
thanks Teeeeeeee. i didn't really mean a senior member. i just wanted an answer for what i was looking for. thanks for replying me.

now, does it sound a bit strange that i'll be all on my own in a whole new country, or is it okay? if it is strange, then i can state that my friend will be there for me, i mean get my friend into the discussion.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to show evidence that proves you have tied to your home country. Enrolling in university is something that would prove this.

I would leave out the medical treatment. Mentioning this will not benefit you and could work against you - especially since treatment isn't avialable in your home country.

I think it will be a challenge to be approved given your age, lack of past travel, and overall lack of ties to your home country. However you can certainly give it a try - maybe you will get lucky.