+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it really worth moving to Canada???????????????

Surean

Jan 17, 2009
Middle East
From the above discussion what I understand is that previous system ( i.e. before Feb’08) it take 3 – 6 years for the applications to process and to approve and during this period, for each applicant, there would have been lot of changes in their life (living standard/age … ) so now, may be they are thinking twice. However, new system (i.e. after Feb’08) I guess it takes 12- 18 months so it’s easy for them to decide

Regards,
Sue

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Surean said:
From the above discussion what I understand is that previous system ( i.e. before Feb'08) it take 3 – 6 years for the applications to process and to approve and during this period, for each applicant, there would have been lot of changes in their life (living standard/age ... ) so now, may be they are thinking twice. However, new system (i.e. after Feb'08) I guess it takes 12- 18 months so it's easy for them to decide

Regards,
Sue
Bravo Sue!!
Exactly. To be precise. In other words. A brief summary. You nailed it on the head.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
hey bobbyb hows your app going?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rupeshhari said:
hey bobbyb hows your app going?
Hope and pray that all is well with you man. Apart from the app every other thing is fine. Busy trying to finish a project before XMAS.
Still waiting for documents update though. London CIC is in "Holiday's Mood" -XMAS+NEW YEAR, I guess. Can't blame them.(LOL) Well, still hoping to meet my Mid 2010 target. If not, Like always said, then I'll focus on where I am. Planning to visit

I guess nothing new from your sides too. I hope I am wrong.

awaranag

Sep 14, 2009
Hi Guys
I was out for couple of days.Got my visa and COPR ON 3rd Nov and then left for Singapore and Hong Kong on official trip on 7th Nov.
I will have doubt if it is really worth going to Canada....just for the heck of it.Yes,few of the forum members are right to pint out that I had applied under old system....and things have changed in last 30 months.
I am doing very well as of now and my wife is also working in Govt company.Savings are on the hogher side...inthe nut shell ......life is rosy.Should I sacrifice all these things for Canada??
I am not here to discourage any of the forum members.....every individual has right to take their own decision....whether it is good or bad only time will tell
Cheers and best of luck to all forum members

PankajK

Mar 22, 2009
Vancouver, BC CANADA
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 2009
AOR Received.
November 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
Passport Req..
September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
November 2012 Vancouver, BC
Thanks awaranag and good luck to you as well.

Regards,
Pankaj

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
awaranag said:
Hi Guys
I was out for couple of days.Got my visa and COPR ON 3rd Nov and then left for Singapore and Hong Kong on official trip on 7th Nov.
I will have doubt if it is really worth going to Canada....just for the heck of it.Yes,few of the forum members are right to pint out that I had applied under old system....and things have changed in last 30 months.
I am doing very well as of now and my wife is also working in Govt company.Savings are on the hogher side...inthe nut shell ......life is rosy.Should I sacrifice all these things for Canada??
I am not here to discourage any of the forum members.....every individual has right to take their own decision....whether it is good or bad only time will tell
Cheers and best of luck to all forum members
Keep on rockin' Awaranag.
It's all up to you - You've gotta weigh the pros and cons and decide accordingly.
Best of Luck.

V

vbond007

awaragnag, Land once to Canada with whole family, stay for a month, get PR cards and come back. Officially u can stay in your home country for 3 years. After that u can decide or even your children can go there depending on their age. If your children study there (after age of 18 they can stay independently) & the fess will be 25% for PR as compared to PR visa. But if u don't at all land, this opportunity will never come again. I am also strongly against moving blindly to Canada, but today's decision may seem to be wrong tomorrow. So keep all options open. Canada PR can be a back up file for your career!

V

vbond007

To the people who r very much enthusiastic about Canada, it is worth reading thread here, first post by Josh at the thread - This is how you succeed in Canada - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/this-is-how-you-succeed-in-canada-t29170.0.html;msg168763#msg168763. Chandan has landed there in Canada with plenty money from Nigeria, so he won't have ant problems. If your pocket is full, not only Canada but even Pakistan or Afghanistan is good. What we r talking about negatives of Canada are applicable to the people who landed to Canada with min. required fund ($10,000/-) and that too borrowed or taken loan. Also if you have kids below 5, the hardships are 10 times as nicely posted in the said thread. Thanks Josh!

awaranag

Sep 14, 2009
Thanks Vbond007
I am planning to go to USA and Canada in June 2009....for the purpose of landing and paper works.
U r right abour PR Card and the fact that I will have 3 yrs to reconsider my decision.... aboutall together moving to Canada or be happy where I am.
cheers and best of luck to you

V

vbond007

It is worth reading the thread (That is really wierd about the government of canada !!!!) by professional 1 at the link : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/that-is-really-wierd-about-the-government-of-canada-t29411.0.html;msg171039#msg171039

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Dear friends,

A lot has been penned here, in favour, as well as otherwise. All r quite valid too, albeit case to case basis. What the initial poster (awarang) felt, is also felt by many professionals around the world, who have taken this plunge, or r into it. This mood swing is genuine for ppl who r well settled, elsewhere.

But, one thing is for sure, they had applied for PR (might be quite earlier, under different vocation circumstances) fully aware of the reasonning to do so. I am from UAE, well settled, have a great job, sufficient savings... but, have yet applied for Canada, why? As one of the posters here said sanguinely... for Citizanship. No matter what I do, How big I get, How satisfied I am... yet I'll never be able to become a citizen of UAE.

Ditto for many other countries too. Morover, opportunities in Canada are vast, if I am worth my salt, I'll do good there as well. Yes, I'll take some time, but I'll succeed eventually. I have known many who did settle well in Canada. And this same mind set was with 'awarang' also, when he initially applied. It's just that the process takes so long, that our fortunes do change substantially during the gestation period. Similarly, it can change again too, for the worst. Thus, once we have decided for moving out of our parent country and settle elsewhere, Canada is the best choice. Why? 'Coz much has been already posted in this thread for the good abt it.

And I can really settle here for the rest of my life, most other places I couldn't eacept for my home country.

I hope 'awarang' has got it, by now...

commonwealth

Nov 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax- Good constructive comments excluding …."Canada is the best choice. Why?" .... Canada is an excellent choice and many other counties i.e. US, Norway etc...

H1BPRcanada

Nov 16, 2009
HI MARLENA AND CANADACALLING

I think your words are so hurting , Iam also in the same boat where awaranag now.Iam from India Applied for CANADA PR in early 2004 without any 2ndthoughts ! NOV-2009 I have received Medicals request !
can you guys imagine our situations / what kind of changes have come to our career ? Iam in USA now on H1B. USA GC will take 10 Years. Now we got the option to think.
Now May be you guys are very lucky to take the decision because of CIC processing timings are very little.

Again I have the same question in my mind (whether to go for it or not ? )

Hey Awaranag

1. How did you sent your passport to ND CIC ? (Sending passports outof the country is illegal right).

I Just requested ND CIC over the email to postpone my date ? will they do ? so far nor response ?

Thanks and Regards

canadacalling

Nov 3, 2009
Dear HIBPRcanada
Come what may,I am moving to Canada with my family.
I am too prepared to slog,for the sake of my kids.
I dont mind working as delivery boy for CAD 10-12 per hrs.I know one thing ,that it will be maximum 0f 9-12 months before I get settle down in a proper way in Canada.
The brighter side is that I dont have to worry about my kids education which is free(the books+transport as well).Medical is free.If I live in canada for 10yrs,I am entitled for old age pension as well.
What so ever I am earning now,25% of it is going for education+school transport+medical insurence+life insurence.Then I have to save something for my old age also,because I am not working in any Govt Organisation(say between 10-15% of my salary)
If you look at the total,it comes to 35-40%
I dont mind paying the same % as tax to Canada Govt,which ensures that my kids get the world class education,and me and my wife are taken care of when we are old.Can you guarantee the same in India?.I am paying the tax which is going in some gutter(read politician). the police is corrupt,full country is running on Bribe.Conclusion is that,I am not some Amitabh Bachhan,who can fight for the injustice.I am an escapist,who wants to escape for the sake of my wife and my kids.