+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it really worth moving to Canada???????????????

Naavy100

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi,India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-09
Doc's Request.
6-02-10
IELTS Request
6-02-10 - 7 Bands
File Transfer...
10-02-2010
Med's Request
19/11/2010
Med's Done....
7/12/2010
Passport Req..
19/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/2/2011
LANDED..........
22 April 2011
I agree with some people that this topic is not worthless

Applying for immigration is easy but actually moving to canada is difficult(I am toking abt myself)
I am having many tie ups with my country but yea i would luv to check canada and live there for atleast 6 months

Ive got my friends down there in calgary who always makes me positive about canada

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
I agree. This topic is not worthless. It comes at a time when I am wondering about whether Canada is the right move for me. For most people, the criteria is quality of life and permanent residency. For me, I could have a good quality of life here in the US, Canada or even in my home country. My real criteria is job. The only positive about Canada for me at the moment is that it gives me another country as an option where I could look for a job. I don't necessarily think Canada would be better for me than US. Greencard is not an issue for me, so it is quite confusing on what I should do. It really depends on where I get a job.

Naavy100

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi,India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-09
Doc's Request.
6-02-10
IELTS Request
6-02-10 - 7 Bands
File Transfer...
10-02-2010
Med's Request
19/11/2010
Med's Done....
7/12/2010
Passport Req..
19/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/2/2011
LANDED..........
22 April 2011
if we move back to history many people were successful in establishing themselves in Canada and many of them failed also but mostly when we talk to about immigrants near about 8-10 of my known families moved to Canada and none of them came back

they were also afriad wether they will find better job,education for children and stuff
I know that life situation and aspirations of everyone is different but i am talking about 8-10 families

canadacalling

Nov 3, 2009
Brother Awaranag
May be God has given u so much that u have become thankless and u r questioning other people as to why they are moving to Canada.
Everybody is not lucky like you.I am moving to Canada for my kids so that they can have best of life and education.I dont mind sacrificing my career for them.May be your priorities in life are different
God bless you

chandan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
awaranag said:
Mr Chandan
Sorry to hear about loss of your son.
Earlier in the same thread u have stated ur age as 37.This mean before two yrs u were 35 yrs of age and as per u your son was 18yrs of age at the time of that unfortunate incident..This means when u got married u were 16 yrs+.
Mr.Chandan...I know u r eager to move to Canada and my well wishes with u and ur family but I feel you are misleading the people.I have my own reservations hence I will either believe that u r 37 yr old OR this unfortunate incident happened with ur family.
Correct me If i am wrong and tell me which one of the story is to be believed
If brother awarang is thankless to God, that is his business with God, but for him to be questioning whether it is true that i lost my own son is really harsh on me. You don't know how hurtful it could be! Well, i forgive you.

Naavy100

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi,India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-09
Doc's Request.
6-02-10
IELTS Request
6-02-10 - 7 Bands
File Transfer...
10-02-2010
Med's Request
19/11/2010
Med's Done....
7/12/2010
Passport Req..
19/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/2/2011
LANDED..........
22 April 2011
4 years back if i were in canada ..i could have saved my son as medical facilitiesa are excellent

we all have applied for immigartion for some prps is there anybdy who dont knw why he applied for immigration?

dranig

Jun 11, 2009
i have applied to Canada and got approved. I have been to Singapore and US and worked there for a total of 17 years and while in those countries I thought good life will never end...but it did.

in canada, you will have easy opportunity to be with your family (parents, siblings, relatives), sponsoring them wouldn't take a hundred years, if you know what i mean.

in canada, you are taken cared of by the government...even if you loose your job, you get pregnant (1 yr paid time off work), you wanted to go back to school and change career, and most of all, when you get sick - from a simple fever or cancer.

canada's economic stability is without question one of the best in the world...

just something to think about!!!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
dranig said:
in canada, you will have easy opportunity to be with your family (parents, siblings, relatives), sponsoring them wouldn't take a hundred years, if you know what i mean.

in canada, you are taken cared of by the government...even if you loose your job, you get pregnant (1 yr paid time off work), you wanted to go back to school and change career, and most of all, when you get sick - from a simple fever or cancer.

canada's economic stability is without question one of the best in the world...
Congratulations on your approval! But, the above is fantasy. Yes, there are supports (as in all "western" nations) - but they are not free, unlimited, or without pain. As well, government supports vary by province. Economic stability is to some degree an illusion, because there is much less transparency than in some other countries. Be prepared, and if you're counting on the government to support you, I would avoid Ontario.

tran

May 10, 2009
Australia and Canada have been consistently in the top rankings
English-speaking countries for best countries, best cities, & whatnots.

And it is no coincidence that most would-be immigrants from
English-speaking countries opted for these two destinations. Take
a look at Toronto(East Indians), Winnipeg(Filipinos) & Vancouver
(HK,Taiwan,China,Singapore,Malaysia,East Indians)

If you're a high-flying young executive earning top dollar with alot of perks
in your home(or host) country, it's better to stay put. But, on the other hand,
if you feel that you have earned enough and it's time to smell
the flowers and live closer to nature, pack your bags and come over.

Not always count on what the Canadian government can do for you, should also
count on what you can do for Canada.

CanadaVisa4me

Star Member
Aug 5, 2009
lenkact said:
it is worth it moving to canada, life is short dont you wanna spent your life in good country?\
is it worth it moving to canada, life is short dont you wanna spent your life where you can have the best standard of living, whether that is Canada or somewhere else.

canadacalling

Nov 3, 2009
God Bless all of u.
I am for sure going to fly to Canada(My Heaven).Dont know about other forum members.I have slogged all my life and it was same for my father.I dont want the same thing to be repeated with my kids
Awaranag,may be u r too proud what u have achieved in life...but do not judge other people with ur openions...You r questioning Bro...Chandan whether he lost his son or not.Who gave u this right to question other forum members?
Brother Awara,to sum it up Iwill will just say GROW UP

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
Would you say to someone in a developed country that they are too proud to move to Canada. Its not about being too proud but Awarnag has achieved much in his life which he doesn't want to jeopardize. That is understandable. Some people might not have achieved much so Canada might be a good option. Fortunately for him, he is not slogging out in his life so he is questioning whether it is worth to give up his current life. This has nothing to do with pride but practicality.

V

vbond007

canadacalling is questioning awaranag and the same time telling that it is no one's right to question. We do have great sympathy for chandan for losing his young son, but awarang's point was that has he married at the age of 16? Without clearing that point why everyone blames awarang?

As chandan lost his son - Nigeria is famous for terrorists. Many of my friends work there, but they say form airport to company, company car with commandos come and for 3 months they can not come out of campus. Also no one has taken his family there. While as chandan said he was his family on the city road on the day of salary in pocket. I don't know but he must be aware of the risk (not before going to Nigeria but at least after reaching there) associated in moving freely. Also for that reason I don't take up the job in Nigeria though we face Recession.

So it is natural that Canada attracts him. But once again ignoring negative points, will be second mistake.

Canada is not good or bad. It depends from which position u r looking at it. If u r straggler or have other problems, Canada is good. But if u r rich & famous in your country which is safe, Canada may not be a god option.

Everyone here should at least once move to Canada. But my only advice is that in frustration, don't close every door to come back to your country. Don't sell house or don't resign from Govt. or well paid job. You can sell house or resign from Canada itself!

chandan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
With all due respect, can i please request that we focus on the topic in question and not me losing my son in nigeria, it's a bitter pill to swallow and am struggling to gte over it os i would appreciate if we leave him out of this topic, i only mentioned it to share my personal experience and let people know why i want to move to canada. vbond007, i was not carrying my salary in my pocket, i would be stupid to have done that, i dropped the paycheck in my bank on my way back i was attacked. It was a hurtful experience and it will forever be on our memories.