+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to work remotely for the province I want to be nominated for but live in another?

sisigbby

Mar 29, 2024
I have 3 years of work experience for an employer in Province A. I lived there for 2 years but have now moved to Province B. Can I still get a nomination for Province A? If not, and I move back to Province A, under PNP, can I move to Province B even if I continue working for the same employer?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have 3 years of work experience for an employer in Province A. I lived there for 2 years but have now moved to Province B. Can I still get a nomination for Province A? If not, and I move back to Province A, under PNP, can I move to Province B even if I continue working for the same employer?
Under what PNP path are you being nominated in Province A, if you no longer work there. Same for working remotely, what PNP path are you eligible for? You really need to name the province.

sisigbby

Mar 29, 2024
Sorry about that! I work for a BC employer in tech and will continue to work for them as the job market is terrible for my industry. I moved to AB. I only have a score of 490 and my permit is expiring soon. Given the high points for general draws, it's looking like I have to resort to PNP. I honestly don't want to leave AB so I was wondering if I can stay here and still apply for BC PNP as my employer is in BC and we can work fully remote. If not, I'm willing to move back to BC to apply but also wondering if I can move back to AB if I do get nominated and get an ITA.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sorry about that! I work for a BC employer in tech and will continue to work for them as the job market is terrible for my industry. I moved to AB. I only have a score of 490 and my permit is expiring soon. Given the high points for general draws, it's looking like I have to resort to PNP. I honestly don't want to leave AB so I was wondering if I can stay here and still apply for BC PNP as my employer is in BC and we can work fully remote. If not, I'm willing to move back to BC to apply but also wondering if I can move back to AB if I do get nominated and get an ITA.
What BC PNP pathway? The whole point of a PNP program is to live and work in the province you are being nominated in. If fully remote, then how can your employer prove that they need a worker living and working in BC. You need to read through employer requirements. You cannot move back to Alberta until you are PR, as that would be misrepresentation.

sisigbby

Mar 29, 2024
It would be for the International Graduate pathway / Skills Immigration stream. My job is in the list of their priorities. I looked at the eligibility and it only mentions the post-secondary diploma & a job offer from a BC employer so I'm confused if I'm able to apply even while I'm still living in Alberta? I did see that I need to write a letter about my intent to live in BC which I'm okay with doing if I get nominated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It would be for the International Graduate pathway / Skills Immigration stream. My job is in the list of their priorities. I looked at the eligibility and it only mentions the post-secondary diploma & a job offer from a BC employer so I'm confused if I'm able to apply even while I'm still living in Alberta? I did see that I need to write a letter about my intent to live in BC which I'm okay with doing if I get nominated.
https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/Employers

The issue is your employer being eligible. They have to show recruitment efforts and support your nomination. Given you don’t live in BC, officials will wonder why a) you aren’t living in the province and b) whether the employer can hire someone living and working in BC. You have to live in BC and cannot just get PR by never living in BC. Work with your employer in submitting an application and wait and see what happens.

sisigbby

Mar 29, 2024
My employer's informed me they're able to help me as they've done this before so I assume they're eligible.

But basically I can't apply for BC PNP living in AB?