11-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2014
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
Hello all,

I have been reading for a while now in this forum but I can't find the perfect match for my problem...
I came to Vancouver in May 2011 with a Work and Holiday Visa and was working with a company until the end of 2011.
As a Geologist I am in the Professional Skilled Worker Group and could apply for a Temporary Foreign Worker Visa, valid for 2 years, if I have an offer for employment from a company, which would then turn into Permanent Residency after these 2 years. Right???
My problem is that most of the companies have jobs starting in May and that's when my WHV will expire.
Is there any chance to extend the WHV or stay in the country until I find a job and can apply for the BC Nominee Program?
I have a girlfriend here and I would hate to have to go back to Germany and leave the country!!!
She would do anything possible for us to stay together!
Any ideas someone?
Would it be an idea if she would sponsor me? Do we have to get married? ;)
My visa is valid until May 2012!

Any help is appreciated, thank you very much!!!

Cheers,
Christian

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
For your girlfriend to sponsor you, you must either be married or common law (common law = have lived together for a minimum of one full year). Even if she does sponsor you, there's no guarantee you will have PR by May.

You can't extend a working holiday visa. In some cases you can apply for a second holiday working visa - in other cases you are only allowed the one. It will depend on which country you're from. If you do a search for Canadian working holiday visa and the name of your country - you should be able to find this information easily.

Alternatively, your employer can apply for a Labour Market Opinion and if the LMO is approved, you can then apply for a closed work permit.

terry2011

Dec 21, 2011
Hi Christian

I guess you could apply to extend your work permit, but maybe your profession needs a LMO from HRSC and has to be requested for your employer, having that you can submit the renovation of the work permit, but the process for LMO is taking around 15 weeks or more to process, so it is very important that if you decide to go for that way, do it as soon as possible (at least 3 months before your work permit expire).. but first of all, you have to confirm that the program on how you come from and your profession quailify.. visit this website

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/temp_assessment.shtml

Good luck!

ckexploration

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-CTD-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2014
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
Hi guys and sorry for replying this late!!! :eek:
Since the last post many things happened and I just wanted to give you an update.
I found a company that gave me permanent employment and we started the BC PNP. These guys were processing all my applications really quick, I think it didn't even take them a month to get it done. Then I started the application for Permanent Residence. The CIC received the application on May 7. On June 22 I got an Acknowledgement of Receipt and at the same time a Request for a Medical Examination. The Examination was done July 10 and now all I can do again is wait.... I hate that.
That so far sounds pretty easy and nice. Now the hard part:
as I told you my WHV expired in May. To get this extended I tried CIC's online service. Never again!!!! I filled out all forms online and just had to press a button 2 weeks before my visa expired. From the beginning I thought it is a bit strange that I could just upload one pdf and I uploaded a copy of my passport. 2 weeks later CIC wanted me to upload another file, but the website never managed to do that or it was not working correctly. So I decided to send all the applications via mail. What I didn't think of was, that in the meantime my visa has expired and so I had transferred the wrong amount of money before. CIC sent everything back to me, I filled in the application forms again, transferred the correct amount of money plus extra $200 and now it is all in process to get an extension of my WHV. On the website it says it takes 69 days for being processed. I sent all the application forms early September so I hope I will get a nice christmas present from them, hopefully.
Thanks again guys for helping me and I will keep you posted.
Cheers