+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to enter Canada with eCOPR only ? using international flight

Canadatube

Aug 8, 2023
Hi All, I received my eCOPR, and waiting now for PR card. I have to travel after 9 days outside Canada for 3 weeks. I have a valid work visa and work permit. I think I can board the return flight to Canada, but I want to ask what will happen when arriving with eCOPR + Work visa only, the officer "CBSA" will let me enter ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All, I received my eCOPR, and waiting now for PR card. I have to travel after 9 days outside Canada for 3 weeks. I have a valid work visa and work permit. I think I can board the return flight to Canada, but I want to ask what will happen when arriving with eCOPR + Work visa only, the officer "CBSA" will let me enter ?
Since you are a new PR, your work visa & work pemit are probably invalid and you need a PRTD in order to board a return flight to Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you manage to board the airplane and get to Canada, CBSA will let you in. That's not the problem. Your issue is that the airline most likely will not allow you to board without a PR card or PRTD. Any work permit or TRV you have was most likely canceled in the system once you became a PR.

tearsandjoy

Apr 10, 2024
With just an eCOPR and work permit, the CBSA officer may ask you more questions upon arrival to verify your status and intent to return to Canada.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I cam answer the questions but I heard that I won’t be allowed to board the flight?
You can’t fly with just COPR . Also when you get PR , all your temporary visas become invalid. You should apply for PRTD to return back to Canada or if you have USA visa , you can fly there and then return to Canada through land border. For that you don’t need to show PR card. You can just show COPR and you will be allowed to enter.