+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it necessary to approach an agent for EE process? Can I do it myself?

jamma_sow

Jun 16, 2015
Hi all!

I am applying for EE from India. I spoke to an agent who is charging me INR 50,000 for the entire process. Is an agent required? Is the EE process easy enough for me to do it myself? Is the EE process too difficult?

Thanks!
Sowmya

Dynonobel

Star Member
May 9, 2015
Nanaimo, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is NOT necessary. I think the majority of applicants probably do it on their own. If you can take the time to do research and fully understand the requirements I would recommend trying it on your own.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can do it on your own and with help from this forum in case you get stuck somewhere. People use agents to do this because they might not have enough time or patience or information required to complete the process. Or they believe that agents can guide them better and hold their hands throughout the process. Varies from person to person.

Bottom line though is that the process is not complicated and it is well understood by a lot of people who have successfully done it on their own and offer free advise on this forum to newbies like yourself. Your choice to engage an agent or do it on your own,

All the best!

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jamma_sow said:
Hi all!
I am applying for EE from India. I spoke to an agent who is charging me INR 50,000 for the entire process. Is an agent required? Is the EE process easy enough for me to do it myself? Is the EE process too difficult?
Thanks!
Sowmya
jamma_sow

You definitely do not need an agent. If you do all by yourself, you will devote and dedicate all your time to put forth the best application possible. I have seen the best of the best lawyers/agents and do not see that amount of quality service when you do through them. The canadavisa site is the best thing that I have ever seen in terms of huge wealth of information and people have faced all kinds of challenges/ troubles and have also posted solutions for the same. I doubt if there is any other matching site equivalent to this for any other country migration. It requires a lot of dedication and research but it is definitely doable. The sense of satisfaction that you would have when you understand and do all by yourself is incomparable.

bud_weiser

Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Jan
Doc's Request.
22 Feb
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
22 Feb
IELTS Request
Submitted EE upload
File Transfer...
1 may
Med's Request
20 February done and submitted by doctors
Med's Done....
21 May Changed Mycic
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
4 June, passports sent 5 june
VISA ISSUED...
10 June
LANDED..........
applied from within Canada landed 20 June 2015
rajanvnv said:
jamma_sow

You definitely do not need an agent. If you do all by yourself, you will devote and dedicate all your time to put forth the best application possible. I have seen the best of the best lawyers/agents and do not see that amount of quality service when you do through them. The canadavisa site is the best thing that I have ever seen in terms of huge wealth of information and people have faced all kinds of challenges/ troubles and have also posted solutions for the same. I doubt if there is any other matching site equivalent to this for any other country migration. It requires a lot of dedication and research but it is definitely doable. The sense of satisfaction that you would have when you understand and do all by yourself is incomparable.
Lol buddy I agree with you I bet my bottom dollar that half the agents use this site as a reference with applications .........most of us here did it ourself with help from our friends here ......best free school ever

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bud_weiser said:
Lol buddy I agree with you I bet my bottom dollar that half the agents use this site as a reference with applications .........most of us here did it ourself with help from our friends here ......best free school ever

YES I agree with both of you... :)
I got help from lawyer for my CEC application last year and it came back due to cap (of course not his mistake.. CIC did not update the website on time). So I had to spend almost $4000 for that.

I came to know about this website.. and you guys gave me confidence and Then I decided to apply myself. So far so good.. There so nothing special the agent or lawyer can do.. Because the score will be same with or without lawyer; we just need to try to improve the score and keep getting updated with the latest immigration info.. :)

The guys here are awesome and helpful.. :)

jamma_sow

Jun 16, 2015
Thanks a ton everyone! I will do it myself and not approach an agent.. You guys gave the confidence that its do-able.. Thanks again! :)