+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

ana0911

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
Post your update in the relevant thread. There is a thread here for each month. Post your update in the thread for the month when your application was received by IRCC. Myself or someone else will update the spreadsheet.
Ok sure will do.
I am a July 2020 Applicant.Old Ecas shows decision made and new tracker all shows completed with the exception of oath/citizenship ceremony not started.
When can I expect to get that.Any Guess please?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Ok sure will do.
I am a July 2020 Applicant.Old Ecas shows decision made and new tracker all shows completed with the exception of oath/citizenship ceremony not started.
When can I expect to get that.Any Guess please?
No guesswork, sorry. The timelines are erratic and I will be the last person to give anyone false hope.

As a ballpark figure though, expect it'll take at least a couple of months to receive an oath notification on the status dashboard.

All the best!

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
Thank you, Raj. Citizenship status on the tracker has been updated to "Completed" for me and my wife. Tiny relief that there wasn't any ID / photo / system issues in recording test completion.

Guess next step is physical presence, language skills and prohibitions need to change to "Completed" (potentially with interview / passport stamp request prior to that)? Do all three typically happen simultaneously?

Also does anyone know if DM only ECAS terminology, or is it also an official stage in the new tracker prior to Citizenship ceremony changing to "In Progress"?

Yeah CC = Citizenship Certificate.

You can't apply for a passport without the citizenship certificate. It is the official proof that you are a Canadian citizen. That's the only purpose of that document.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you, Raj. Citizenship status on the tracker has been updated to "Completed" for me and my wife. Tiny relief that there wasn't any ID / photo / system issues in recording test completion.

Guess next step is physical presence, language skills and prohibitions need to change to "Completed" (potentially with interview / passport stamp request prior to that)? Do all three typically happen simultaneously?

Also does anyone know if DM only ECAS terminology, or is it also an official stage in the new tracker prior to Citizenship ceremony changing to "In Progress"?
Physical presence, language skills and prohibitions generally are set to "Completed" together. "Decision Made" is both an ECAS terminology and a major step forward with your application. That's when your application is actually approved. After that, you're in line for oath.

Reactions: prash42

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Reactions: prash42

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
I was just taking a look at 2019 tracker out of curiosity, and I am just shocked at how many applicants are still waiting for their tests.. If Scarborough is in the December scheduling, those who are waiting for even just a test can look toward some point next year. In addition, not all offices can work as fast as Scarborough (relatively). Halifax office for example, has virtually no progress on their oath invitations at all.

The backlog is truly severe.

• Sad
Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

renesa05

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was just taking a look at 2019 tracker out of curiosity, and I am just shocked at how many applicants are still waiting for their tests.. If Scarborough is in the December scheduling, those who are waiting for even just a test can look toward some point next year. In addition, not all offices can work as fast as Scarborough (relatively). Halifax office for example, has virtually no progress on their oath invitations at all.

The backlog is truly severe.
I am July 2019 applicant. Scarborough office. No test invite yet.

kaisdeco

Jul 15, 2021
Chestermere
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi,
I knew my office today. It's Scarborough.
I'm sharing with you my times:
  • Application Type: Family (4)
  • Application Sent: October 13, 2020
  • Application Received: October 19, 2020
  • Physical Presence: 1567 days
  • AOR date: January 20, 2021
  • In Process: March 1, 2021
  • My FP
Request for my FP: March 8, 2021​
FP Submitted: March 12, 2021​
FP Received: May 3, 2021​
  • FP of my oldest son