+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC asking for details about criminal charge that were withdrawn.

felix70

Mar 22, 2023
I got a message from IRCC stating this even when charges were dropped.

Pls does anyone know the turnaround time when you send requested documents to IRCC?

or has anyone experienced something like this?

It was an assault that was withdrawn.

I had medical and background check done 2nd week of January. Inland sponsorship.

> According to the information provided, it appears you may have a criminal record against you in Canada.

Please provide certified copies of all court documents relating to any offence(s). These documents must indicate the events that led to the charge(s), the statute(s) under which you were charged and the outcome/final disposition of each c

the completion of any penalty or sentence imposed. Please submit your own written explanation of the events along with the

above requested certified copies of the court documents.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok...probably best NOT to hit the `return' key on your device sooooo much. LOL!

Even though your charges were dropped, IRCC wants to see proof of that, so give them what they're asking for ASAP.

I'm not exactly sure, but even if an assault victim wants to drop the assault charge, the Crown may still prosecute (probably more for domestic assault, but again I'm not sure).

So, are you absolutely certain that the charge was dropped?

felix70

Mar 22, 2023
Yes I am absolutely certain that the charges were dropped. I fact I signed up as a volunteer coach this summer and I was asked to do a criminal record check of which I did and there was no criminal charge. Also there was a peace bond for one year and charges withdrawn.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes I am absolutely certain that the charges were dropped. I fact I signed up as a volunteer coach this summer and I was asked to do a criminal record check of which I did and there was no criminal charge. Also there was a peace bond for one year and charges withdrawn.
Hard to say how long it will take for IRCC to review. Could be pretty immediate or could take a few months.

Were the dropped charges against a family member or someone you were in a relationship with previously?

Reactions: Ponga

harshp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hi
Can u please tell that what was the charge as I m facing charges and I have a 4th date coming and I m so much worried and also want to sponcer my wife but I m stuck with charges ...and my wife do not know anything about this...
My ex gf places charges when I was not here I was in my home country .... please help share your time line about Court case like charges and how long it took ???

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi
Can u please tell that what was the charge as I m facing charges and I have a 4th date coming and I m so much worried and also want to sponcer my wife but I m stuck with charges ...and my wife do not know anything about this...
My ex gf places charges when I was not here I was in my home country .... please help share your time line about Court case like charges and how long it took ???
I assume there are assault charger or something similar? If so, you need to resolve these charges before you will be allowed to sponsor your wife.

harshp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
I assume there are assault charger or something similar? If so, you need to resolve these charges before you will be allowed to sponsor your wife.
Yes that's correct but my concern is if I cleared all charges then is there any issues with my wifes sponcership??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes that's correct but my concern is if I cleared all charges then is there any issues with my wifes sponcership??
If you are cleared of the charges, then you should qualify to sponsor. You will need to provide the details of your case and the paperwork to show the charges were cleared as part of your application.

harshp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
If you are cleared of the charges, then you should qualify to sponsor. You will need to provide the details of your case and the paperwork to show the charges were cleared as part of your application.
Thank you much........bless u

Nav27

Jan 30, 2022
@felix70 Hello brother, I want to ask if your charges were withdrawn before you submitted your application or it was after that.

I mean did you mention to IRCC regarding charges/withdrawal or they got it from background check.

My friend is also going through same scenario but it happened after his application was submitted.

Your reply would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

harshp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
@felix70 Hello brother, I want to ask if your charges were withdrawn before you submitted your application or it was after that.

I mean did you mention to IRCC regarding charges/withdrawal or they got it from background check.

My friend is also going through same scenario but it happened after his application was submitted.

Is it for sponcership???

felix70

Mar 22, 2023

It was withdrawn 3 years before I applied. I also mentioned to them that I had charges but no conviction.

Reactions: Nav27