+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS for pakistani students - URGENT help needed :(

aamir.saji

Oct 7, 2018
I have B-tech (pass) 2 year and then b-tech (hons) 2 years. my question is what IQAS wil give equalant in assesment.pls reply.

Thans and regards

Oct 7, 2018
Karachi Pk
I need help!!!
I need to understand the procedure of degree attestation in Karachi...
I have done masters and bachelors from IU, the attestation will be done from.the university or HEC office near Agha Khan? And what documents i have to take wid me for attestation?
How long does it take?
So many questions I have :D
And only bachelors and masters degree is attested or inter and metric too?

Anyone can guide me pleaseeee...

Thanks

Oct 7, 2018
Karachi Pk
Hope it helps:

Detailed Steps of IQAS:

I had two degrees which I wanted to assess from IQAS:

BACHELORS OF COMPUTER ENGINEERING
SIR SYED UUNIVERSITY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY aka (SSUET)

MASTERS OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
INSTITUE OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT aka (CBM/IoBM)

Applying online and payment of fees:

I created an account on IQAS website and completed online form (iqas.work.alberta.ca/eca#/)

Before starting this you need to have your school, college and universities' documents with you.

You need to have your debit/credit card with you (IQAS accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Debit or Interac), I used Mastercard Credit Card.

It will take around 15-30 minutes to complete the application.

After submitting your application, you must get notification email with the application form and document checklist attached.

IQAS reference number is "Application Id" in your email. It is also mentioned in the application form (Bottom left corner of each page)

Reference number is important, note it down as it must be mentioned in the transcript request forms which you will submit in universities for the degree/transcript verification.

Visiting and getting sealed envelope from IoBM:

Download the Transcript request form from IQAS website and fill your part/section. (alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/academic-records-request-form.pdf)

Email the filled form to "transcripts.grades@iobm.edu.pk". Do not forget to enter (Application Id/Reference Number) in the form

I brought color copies of my transcript (1) and degree (1) with original transcript and degree of my MBA

I visited transcript office which is adjacent to M.S Sabina room.

Request the representative to verify your copies and fill the form which you sent via email earlier.

He will verify (stamp) your degrees, fill and print the form. You must sign the form and write the date on the form. After that, he will accompany you to MS Sabina office to have her signature on the form.

You will have to submit 50 RS in finance department for the IoBM official seal. Get the receipt and get back to MS Sabina office, the assistant will then show you signed forms and stamps, check the information carefully as they are going to be sealed now. Give receipt to the MS Sabina assistant and he will seal the envelope containing:

Your verified color copy of transcript
Your verified color copy of degree
Transcript request form (IQAS)

Visiting and getting sealed envelope from SSUET:

Download the Transcript request form from IQAS website and fill your part/section. (alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/academic-records-request-form.pdf)

Print a copy of the form. Do not forget to enter (Application Id/Reference Number) in the form. Sign it and write the date on the form.

I brought color copies of my transcript (1) and degree (1) with original transcript and degree of my BS (CE). In addition to this, you must bring your SSC-matric certificate copy.

Visit SSUET examination department and ask for a request-sealed-form. Also, ask the verification fees of per document although it must be in the request form.

Go inside the examination department to meet MS. Sumera and show her your original degree, transcript and filled form. She will compare the information on the form + degree, and will give you go ahead to submit your documents at the counter.

Fill the SSUET verification request form. Collect the voucher from the examination department and pay the fees in university' bank.

You must now have the following documents:

Color copy of your transcript
Color copy of your degree
Copy of your SSC-matric certificate
Transcript request form (IQAS)
Verification request form (SSUET)
Paid Voucher

Submit them to the examination counter and get the receipt, receipt will show that the working time for the verification is 15 days although it can be done in a week if you request them to have them sooner.

Mailing the documents to IQAS:

Print the application form as it is which you received after payment, sign and write date on it.

Fill the document checklist and print it out too.

Make color copies of your transcripts and degrees.

Now you will have these documents with you:

Application form (received from IQAS after payment) Print it and sign it
Document checklist form (received from IQAS after payment) Filled and print it.
Color copy of your transcript/s
Color copy of your Degree/s
Color copy of your SSC-matric certificate (Optional)
Color copy of your HSC-inter certificate (Optional)
Color copy of your passport (First four pages)
Sealed envelope of IoBM
Sealed envelope of SSUET

Now send them all to the address mentioned in the application form.

Note:

Matric inter certificates were optional, I sent them anyways.

Verification of university degrees are optional too, I sent them anyways.

I was worried about my name difference, as I have the following scenario:
My name was "Syed Jon Doe Zaidi" on my passport and CNIC. However, my name in all educational documents were "Jon Doe". I created an affidavit on 100 rupees stamp paper in which I mentioned that both are same persons and sent this with my all documents too.

I also mentioned in the checklist document that my universities asked me to send sealed envelopes on their behalf and IQAS can contact the universities to verify this.

Timelines:

Documents submitted at Fed ex: 21 Jan, 2016
Documents delivered to IQAS: 25 Jan, 2016
First confirmation email from IQAS: 26 Jan, 2016
Second confirmation email from IQAS: Feb 10, 2017 (Got the ECA results. Attached online certificate in a PDF form)
Documents dispatched from IQAS: Feb 10, 2017
Documents delivered to me: Have not given me any tracking number (Who cares, I can submit my profile, right?)

Results of ECA:
BS SSUET (Pak) = four year bachelor degree (Canada)
MBA CBM (Pak) = Master of business administration degree (Canada)
It is sooo detailed and helpful... would you please tell that from where did u get ur masters degree attested? HEC office or ur uni?

fahdarif

Oct 23, 2018
Dear Friends,

Can someone guide me with Step by Step process of IQAS ECA. I did my Bachelors and Masters from LUMS, whereas, my wife did Bachelors and Masters from Lahore School of Economics. I am looking forward for Canadian Immigration. I am confused with following:

1) Do we need HEC attestation for IQAS?
2) Should I send original certificates or photocopies? What is the best way to send
3) Should I send original or photocopy transcripts? What is the best way to send

Thanking you in advance

Best,
Fahd

Oct 7, 2018
Karachi Pk
Dear Friends,

Can someone guide me with Step by Step process of IQAS ECA. I did my Bachelors and Masters from LUMS, whereas, my wife did Bachelors and Masters from Lahore School of Economics. I am looking forward for Canadian Immigration. I am confused with following:

1) Do we need HEC attestation for IQAS?
2) Should I send original certificates or photocopies? What is the best way to send
3) Should I send original or photocopy transcripts? What is the best way to send

Thanking you in advance

Best,
Fahd
Hi,

I have recently gone through this process.

1. Yes, u have to get ur degree along with transcript attested by HEC (for that u can visit the HEC website, every step is mentioned there)
2. The orginal docx needed to be attested first, than you can attest the copies (as many as you needed)
3. Most of the people using Fedex. I personally visited the Hec regional office for attestation.

Goodluck.

Reactions: shezi

fahdarif

Oct 23, 2018
Hi,

1. Yes, u have to get ur degree along with transcript attested by HEC (for that u can visit the HEC website, every step is mentioned there)
2. The orginal docx needed to be attested first, than you can attest the copies (as many as you needed)
3. Most of the people using Fedex. I personally visited the Hec regional office for attestation.

Goodluck.
Many Thanks and really appreciate your prompt response,

Can you please help answer one more thing, Do we have to send transcript directly by the uni or by ourself? I got understanding from IQAS - Pakistan requirement document that transcript has to be mailed directly by the University

shezi

Mar 6, 2008
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Friends pls help,

I have HEC attested Master & Bachelor Degree, can i use HEC attested copy on sealed envelop for IQAS .
is it possible? or only unversity attested copy is required?

thanks,

Oct 7, 2018
Karachi Pk
Many Thanks and really appreciate your prompt response,

Can you please help answer one more thing, Do we have to send transcript directly by the uni or by ourself? I got understanding from IQAS - Pakistan requirement document that transcript has to be mailed directly by the University
My pleasure.

U dont need to visit your university. Just visit the HEC website, register yourself to its portal, upload your docx and take the appointment to send your docx to HEC (either by self visit or through courier).

Feel free to ask for anyother query.

Crucialguy

Oct 24, 2018
Hi everyone.
My MBA and BBA degrees (done from COMSATS) are attested from HEC but none if the transcript.
Will i need to get transcripts attested as well?? Or just attested photo copies of degrees will be enough to process?

Marry20

Sep 12, 2017
Hi everyone ,
I am really worried , i am not sure if anyone here could help me .my problem is that i have sent my education to Iqas in june and they notified me on 6th of july that my application has been received and that they need my passport copy and marriage certificate copy but i have sent those docuemnts along with my application and i waited 5 months almost as i thought they mistakenly asked for those documents which i had already sent
But yesterday on my inquiry they replied that they still waiting for these two documents . I am really shocked at this as i mysef have sent those documents and they already wasted my 5 months .
So what am i supposed to do now ?? Please help
Tomorrow i ll be sending those documents again but does any one have an idea how long will they take then after receiving them ? M heartbroken at the moment

shezi

Mar 6, 2008
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi,

Goodluck.
Hina nadeem i have one query ...As you said you send HEC attested documents instead of University attested documents to IQAS ?
i want to use the same procedure.

thanx

Oct 7, 2018
Karachi Pk
Thanks. Does i require to attest inter and matric mark sheets as well for ECA?
Yes, when you will register urself for IQAS it will ask u to get ur inter docx attested.

So, u have to attest ur inter n matric docx.. you need to visit inter board, fill up the form, attach the copies of marksheet, certificate, admitcard and nic. Pay the fees and submit the form.