+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS for pakistani students - URGENT help needed :(

Aug 3, 2018
Dear All,

Anyone having PIMSAT [KARACHI] degree done ECA by IQAS recently?

If yes, please let me the contact persons in PIMSAT-KHI and what are steps need to follow.

If No, then there is any alternative way to do ECA for PIMSAT-KHI degree?

Regards,

Ayesha Inam

Aug 13, 2018
Someone some time ago asked me in inbox about the procedure and I have her the following response. If you have specific questions you can ask:

1. ForECA from IQAS you donot have to send then matric and FSc degrees. You only need to send them the degrees of your BBA and MBA and it is not required that these are attested from HEC. You can have a look at their form. If you have done Bachelors and masters, sending them matric and FSc is optional. So just send them BBA and MBA degrees for evaluation.

The process is the following.
    1. Go on thier website and fill out the forms.
    2. Send them the application form, checklist and copies of your BBA and MBA degrees and transcripts
    3. Ask your university to fill out the "academic request form", attest a copy of your degree and transcript and send it all to IQAS in a sealed envelop (with a sign and stamp across the flap)

If you start the process on IQAS website all the steps are given. Just note that for IQAS you donot need your degrees to be attested from HEC. IQAS just requires that a attested copy of degree and transcript be sent to them from the university who gave you the degree. So you do not have to worry and can get ECA evaluation.

If you are married and changed your name after marriage then you need proof of name change. My wife had to attach such proof as she changed her name adter marriage. Let me know if you need details of that proof.
hi, u seem to be well versed with the whole process. i want to get my ECA done from IQAS, but i did my bachelors from Lahore and masters from Karachi. I am currently based in lahore. it will be difficult for to go to the IBA karachi to get the sealed enevelop. what if i get the sealed envelop from HEC for both the degrees and send it to IQAS. will they prepare my ECA? I will really appreciate a quick reply.

IslamabadUnited

Jul 1, 2017
hi, u seem to be well versed with the whole process. i want to get my ECA done from IQAS, but i did my bachelors from Lahore and masters from Karachi. I am currently based in lahore. it will be difficult for to go to the IBA karachi to get the sealed enevelop. what if i get the sealed envelop from HEC for both the degrees and send it to IQAS. will they prepare my ECA? I will really appreciate a quick reply.
IQAS clearly mentions that they want it from the University. I am not sure if they will entertain HEC envelop.

Universities know about sending certified copies so may be you can handle this process through email + an old friend in Karachi.

The Wall

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
I already done my Wes of degree certificate but choose iqas for my master. So can I show them Wes of my degree certificate and only give academic documents of master

rafaykhalid89

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
IQAS clearly mentions that they want it from the University. I am not sure if they will entertain HEC envelop.

Universities know about sending certified copies so may be you can handle this process through email + an old friend in Karachi.
No.. IQAS now gives the option of sending degrees attested by University or attested by HEC, whichever you prefer as per your convenience..

rafaykhalid89

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
checkout this pdf for country specific document requirements...

https://www.alberta.ca/assets/documents/iqas/eca-required-documents.pdf

IslamabadUnited

Jul 1, 2017
No.. IQAS now gives the option of sending degrees attested by University or attested by HEC, whichever you prefer as per your convenience..
This is a good initiative to accept from both. It was harder for some to get them attested from universities.

HEC has a more refined process.

Rashidali

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
Someone some time ago asked me in inbox about the procedure and I have her the following response. If you have specific questions you can ask:

1. ForECA from IQAS you donot have to send then matric and FSc degrees. You only need to send them the degrees of your BBA and MBA and it is not required that these are attested from HEC. You can have a look at their form. If you have done Bachelors and masters, sending them matric and FSc is optional. So just send them BBA and MBA degrees for evaluation.

The process is the following.
    1. Go on thier website and fill out the forms.
    2. Send them the application form, checklist and copies of your BBA and MBA degrees and transcripts
    3. Ask your university to fill out the "academic request form", attest a copy of your degree and transcript and send it all to IQAS in a sealed envelop (with a sign and stamp across the flap)

If you start the process on IQAS website all the steps are given. Just note that for IQAS you donot need your degrees to be attested from HEC. IQAS just requires that a attested copy of degree and transcript be sent to them from the university who gave you the degree. So you do not have to worry and can get ECA evaluation.

If you are married and changed your name after marriage then you need proof of name change. My wife had to attach such proof as she changed her name adter marriage. Let me know if you need details of that proof.
If FSC and SSC is option, so do we have to put information about SSC and HSC education on the IQAS website where they ask about education???

rafaykhalid89

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
guys I need some information.. I got my degrees assessed from IQAS. I only sent attested photocopies of Degree and Transcript from the Universities. Now my question is that when we have to submit our educational proof in the post ITA application, degrees/transcripts along with ECA and IELTS, do I need to get my degrees, transcripts, HSSC/SSC certificates attested from HEC and IBCC before uploading the documents? Or just scanned copies and ECA would be enough for that?
@IslamabadUnited can you help please if you have experienced this?

Rashidali

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
guys I need some information.. I got my degrees assessed from IQAS. I only sent attested photocopies of Degree and Transcript from the Universities. Now my question is that when we have to submit our educational proof in the post ITA application, degrees/transcripts along with ECA and IELTS, do I need to get my degrees, transcripts, HSSC/SSC certificates attested from HEC and IBCC before uploading the documents? Or just scanned copies and ECA would be enough for that?
Can you help me out for this ??

If FSC and SSC is option, so do we have to put information about SSC and HSC education on the IQAS website where they ask about education???

Rashidali

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
nope.. just add the education you want to get assessed.
So my MBA and BS Degree would be enough right???
Actually one my friend said put the details of HSC n SSC in the online form. And, i have read many comments saying that tis optional, you just just need to send post secondary education docs..

rafaykhalid89

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
So my MBA and BS Degree would be enough right???
Actually one my friend said put the details of HSC n SSC in the online form. And, i have read many comments saying that tis optional, you just just need to send post secondary education docs..
yes... ssc/hssc are optional; you only need to add BS and MBA..
I checked my online form again just now and I only added bachelors and masters in my application..

IslamabadUnited

Jul 1, 2017
You have to submit a scan of original degrees/transcripts, ECA, and IELTS in post-ITA. You do not need any attestation from anyone.

Reactions: rafaykhalid89