+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview - Original IELTS

odeeb

Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I am currently scheduled to take the test and the interview on Friday (in 4 days). To my surprise I can not locate my original IELTS, I believe maybe it was required by the PNP program or PR, this is the only reason I can think of.

Anyway, on the test invitation letter it says to bring the originals of the documents I submitted for citizenship. I am currently panicking since it seems I cannot get a replacement because my test was more than 2 years ago. Does anyone have a similar experience where they provided a copy of the IELTS on interview day?

Thank you

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Well, I can’t calm you down, except to say that during my interview officer never asked for the English test results.

Maybe rest of the forum members can share their fedbacks. I guess it also depends on your command of the language during the interview.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Hello everyone,

I am currently scheduled to take the test and the interview on Friday (in 4 days). To my surprise I can not locate my original IELTS, I believe maybe it was required by the PNP program or PR, this is the only reason I can think of.

Anyway, on the test invitation letter it says to bring the originals of the documents I submitted for citizenship. I am currently panicking since it seems I cannot get a replacement because my test was more than 2 years ago. Does anyone have a similar experience where they provided a copy of the IELTS on interview day?

Thank you
They mostly check passports/PR card. They will keep you engaged in a some conversation while checking your documents and if they feel the person cannot converse even in basic level then they could ask for IELTS etc.

aQuarius16

Jan 12, 2018
My husband was in the same situation a month ago, he only realised the night before he was supposed to write the test and spent hours searching through our filing cabinet and boxes before realizing he had submitted it with our PR applications.

Thankfully he had a scanned copy saved in his email. He took that and a transcript from university showing he had studied in English. He wasn't even asked to provide either in the end, however the fact that our first language is English may have helped show we clearly have a comprehensive understanding of the English language.

We took the Oath last week so it didn't impact our application in the end.

Matut

Feb 28, 2018
Had my interview several weeks ago and the officer never asked about my IELTS certificate.

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
HI All

The original IELTS is only requested in the process of PR or citizen to be sent together with all documents.
Most people used it for the PR process, so in the citizen's process we usually send a copy and inform them that the original is in the PR process made earlier.
So they are not expecting or requesting your original IELTS or any other language certification during the interview since it was done in the first step of the process.