+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview for Spousal Sponsorship

E

Erina

Hello. Does anybody know if an interview is required upon a spouse sponsorship application, how long after the submission of an application they might notify us? I am assuming its one of the first stages, basically when they asses the marriage, right? My VO is Ankara btw. Thanksss

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Erina said:
Hello. Does anybody know if an interview is required upon a spouse sponsorship application, how long after the submission of an application they might notify us? I am assuming its one of the first stages, basically when they asses the marriage, right? My VO is Ankara btw. Thanksss
Interviews vary.....some VO's interview many applicants and others do not. First comes sponsorship approval which is currently at around 70 days and that is considered the first stage...then once that approval is obtained your file is transferred to the VO and that is considered the second stage......again depending on the VO will depend how long till you hear from them and their requirements for an interview........I can suggest that you look for a thread that is applicable to your VO and see what is being said on it..... :)

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
new chest x-ray requested for the medical extension on 20 August
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
KJG said:
Interviews vary.....some VO's interview many applicants and others do not. First comes sponsorship approval which is currently at around 70 days and that is considered the first stage...then once that approval is obtained your file is transferred to the VO and that is considered the second stage......again depending on the VO will depend how long till you hear from them and their requirements for an interview........I can suggest that you look for a thread that is applicable to your VO and see what is being said on it..... :)
I got interview request by email after exactly 10 months and 9 days from the moment when my application was recieved by Mississagua, but that depends of every VO, and also depends of every case.

Every applications it's different.

E

Erina

Thanks for your reply. From the GSMC notes other people have ordered, it seems they first check medicals, then genuineness of the relationship and then police certificates, so checking on marriages and relationship is one of the very first steps they take when reviewing the applicant's case. So I thought maybe they do the interview as soon as they have concerns about the relationship. But I'm assuming sometimes they check everything out, and do the interview, and if it goes well they issue visa right after.

lilizinha

Star Member
May 15, 2012
Hi, I was thinking that we could use this post to talk about interviews experiences in differents stages of the process. Is that ok? I have my landing interview in 2 months in Calgary

Valeco

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2010
Doc's Request.
august 2012
File Transfer...
june 2011 to local office
Med's Request
October 18 2012,AIP and passport back
Med's Done....
Medicals received and decision made December 19
Interview........
october 2012
LANDED..........
february...6 ....pr card received march..13
hello me too ,i have interview in 2 weeks in calgary office...i hope they give me the AIP

E

Erina

Yea we surely can. So you both have an interview after landing? :eek:

lilizinha

Star Member
May 15, 2012
I got decision made on both stages. I hope this interview is just q formality. But on ones of the letters I got they say a decision will he made at time if the interview

Valeco

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2010
Doc's Request.
august 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
october 2012
LANDED..........
This is my interview after vegreville transfrer my file to the local office without AIP after 15 months

lilizinha

Star Member
May 15, 2012
Hi Valeco,
is this the interview to make sure your relarionship is real?
Or do you think maybe, because have been so long, you might get aip and dm there?

Valeco said:
This is my interview after vegreville transfrer my file to the local office without AIP after 15 months

Peaches14

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville transferred to Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2012
Doc's Request.
None requested but sent them anyway
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
October 1, 2012
Med's Done....
21-02-2012
I can tell you from my past experience that after decisions have already been made it is not an interview at all but just a formality to finalize, check id's, see you together in person and congratulate.

Peaches14

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville transferred to Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2012
Doc's Request.
None requested but sent them anyway
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
October 1, 2012
Med's Done....
21-02-2012
Also, they stamp your passport with the date you become a permanent resident. At least that was the procedure when I did this back in the late 90's. Looking at the procedures and timelines from then until now, they don't appear to be much different except that you didn't have to have an LMO with a job offer.

This procedure was an inland sponsorship.

lilizinha

Star Member
May 15, 2012
Peaches14 said:
Also, they stamp your passport with the date you become a permanent resident. At least that was the procedure when I did this back in the late 90's. Looking at the procedures and timelines from then until now, they don't appear to be much different except that you didn't have to have an LMO with a job offer.

This procedure was an inland sponsorship.
My was inland, and got dm and both stages, my *interview* is end of nov.
I read that some ppl went to a room with other couples and they explain your rights as PR
But another person was saying thet his was like yours.
Maybe they are implanting new sistems for this, but not use for all the visa offices, just a guess
Im so excited.Cant wait till get all sing
:)

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Erina said:
Yea we surely can. So you both have an interview after landing? :eek:
These guys are discussing inland.:)

Valeco

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2010
Doc's Request.
august 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
october 2012
LANDED..........
Hello .. Yes thats what they want to see if my relationship is real i dont know whats gonna happen?