App. Filed.......
18-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-09-2010
File Transfer...
23-09-2011
Interview........
11-02-2012
Thanks god, i finally got a letter saying that processing of my application has ben completed. (after 1 year and 10 months)
But it also says that my local Immigration Centre will contact me concerning my permanent resident status and final decision will be made at the appointment.
I think there will be an interview but i am wondering how long it will take more.
Since it's been taking already too much time, i just want to finish all this processing and go back home asap for my sister's wedding. ;D
So... should i just wait or contact the local Immigration Centre?
Is there anything i can attempt for expediting processing at this time?
Or.. normally how long it takes for interview and receiving PR card?

Thank you all. :-*

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
yjl3382 said:
Thanks god, i finally got a letter saying that processing of my application has ben completed. (after 1 year and 10 months)
But it also says that my local Immigration Centre will contact me concerning my permanent resident status and final decision will be made at the appointment.
I think there will be an interview but i am wondering how long it will take more.
Since it's been taking already too much time, i just want to finish all this processing and go back home asap for my sister's wedding. ;D
So... should i just wait or contact the local Immigration Centre?
Is there anything i can attempt for expediting processing at this time?
Or.. normally how long it takes for interview and receiving PR card?

Thank you all. :-*

Congratulations! That's second stage approval. Your local CIC office will send you a letter for your landing interview date.

You just have to wait for the letter, there's not much you can do to expedite it. How long it takes is dependent on your local CIC office. Ours is Calgary, it was scheduled 3 weeks after we got second stage approval. After the landing interview PR card is about 40 something business days to receive.

yjl3382

Aug 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-09-2010
File Transfer...
23-09-2011
Interview........
11-02-2012
lovely20 said:
Congratulations! That's second stage approval. Your local CIC office will send you a letter for your landing interview date.

You just have to wait for the letter, there's not much you can do to expedite it. How long it takes is dependent on your local CIC office. Ours is Calgary, it was scheduled 3 weeks after we got second stage approval. After the landing interview PR card is about 40 something business days to receive.
Thank you lovely20, so i guess i have about 2-3 months left to get my PR.
Hopefully this long journey will end soon.