+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview Call from LVO in Abu Dhabi.........

msaleem216

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2007
Doc's Request.
10-03-2009
Med's Done....
11-03-2013
Passport Req..
05-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2014
LANDED..........
3rd December,2014 INSHA ALLAH
AEO method has been stopped nd now according to new rule LMO is required. it may be the reason that all AEO who have already been applied shd be interviewed.
saleem

Soundless

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/05/2013
Med's Request
02/04/2014
Med's Done....
12/04/2014
Interview........
27/02/2014
Passport Req..
14/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
22/09/2014
LANDED..........
31-Mar-2015
msaleem216 said:
AEO method has been stopped nd now according to new rule LMO is required. it may be the reason that all AEO who have already been applied shd be interviewed.
saleem
What is LMO ?

Mr.NM

May 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2013
Doc's Request.
02-04-2014
AOR Received.
29-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
07-04-2014; 24-04-2015
Interview........
27-02-2014
Passport Req..
28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2015
I had only submitted the experience letters from my past and present employers. Now I am getting an impression that we were supposed to submit experience letter(from employer) as well as the reference letters (from colleagues). Is that correct?

nkalra

Champion Member
Sep 8, 2011
Mr.NM said:
I had only submitted the experience letters from my past and present employers. Now I am getting an impression that we were supposed to submit experience letter(from employer) as well as the reference letters (from colleagues). Is that correct?
I feel like experience letter was mandatory whilst reference letter wasn't. Expernc letter basically your employer states the roles and duties performed by you and reference letter is more or less like you are recommending some one. Like we apply for credit card normally bank asks for some reference from any of your colleague within your company they will just call to that guy to ask if you are working with them.

So its optional, not mandatory mandate is to provide your reference details, I will be mentioning one o my colleagues contact details in the personal CV.

prince_of_darkness

May 15, 2013
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
2 Good tip for Interview is :

1> Only answer what & when asked and to the point ( Brief). if the question is did u walk on the moon, answer should be yes I did walk on the moon. they are not bothered what difficulties u faced while u walked on the moon, or lets say while coming back on the moon i also walked on the stars. This is not required. Only thing required here is yes i walked on the moon.

2> only carry those stuffs which you have submitted nothing new. If they wanted something , they would have instructed you by now. Carrying additional letters from friends, mummy, daddy, colleagues or neighbor wont help.

Coz like interviews and in real life, If you speak too much , it ruins many things, also providing too much extra documents might also ruin.
Only provide extra documents when u see the boat is sinking not when its still alive. extra burden can ruin it.
These r just my assumption and honest thought.
and also 2 x previous experiences of Interview in NDVO. ( my younger brother and my friend).
I might be wrong every case is different. and many may seem to differ, its your file. u can think better.

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 and PPR2 in June with gap of 10 days .....
VISA ISSUED...
ما شاء الله ,الحمد لله......July 2014......
LANDED..........
September 2014...Living Happily in Vancouver B.C.
nkalra said:
I feel like experience letter was mandatory whilst reference letter wasn't. Expernc letter basically your employer states the roles and duties performed by you and reference letter is more or less like you are recommending some one. Like we apply for credit card normally bank asks for some reference from any of your colleague within your company they will just call to that guy to ask if you are working with them.

So its optional, not mandatory mandate is to provide your reference details, I will be mentioning one o my colleagues contact details in the personal CV.

In requested documents reference letter mean is experience letter ....

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Soundless,

Just a suggestion, don't give any extra reference for your work experience; stick to the one you have already given. More persons you involve in your application; more vulnerable you will make your application. VO may call to your new referee during or after the interview and the referee may speak something which he/she should never. Better to give only existing referees names & contact details in your CV too. Instead of giving more references, talk to your existing references and come on the same page considering that VO may call your referee during or after interview. This is just my opinion, rest is your decision.

Soundless said:
Ok, got it

Seems like i was going into an over preparation phase. will take only copy of the reference letters because originals have been sent with app.

will also take any official and original document which have been issued during the employment with emphasis on financial ones.

nkalra

Champion Member
Sep 8, 2011
Spend some time to go through with the following thread very informative for interview preparation, tricks n tips.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/general-issues-of-selection-interview-t128417.0.html

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nkalra,

Experience letters are issued to the outgoing employees. The standard experience letter only contains period of employment, designation and character of the employee. It is very rare if any company is mentioning salary, working hours and job description on the experience letter. Companies don't feel comfortable to provide this info in written to their employees. Since this is a standard practice all over the world, for this reason I believe, CIC asks for reference letters with period of employment, designation, job description, salary and working hours.

If applicant submits experience letter, pay slips, offer letters along with reference letter then his/her case becomes stronger.

nkalra said:

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Totally agreed with you prince.

prince_of_darkness said:
2 Good tip for Interview is :

1> Only answer what & when asked and to the point ( Brief). if the question is did u walk on the moon, answer should be yes I did walk on the moon. they are not bothered what difficulties u faced while u walked on the moon, or lets say while coming back on the moon i also walked on the stars. This is not required. Only thing required here is yes i walked on the moon.

2> only carry those stuffs which you have submitted nothing new. If they wanted something , they would have instructed you by now. Carrying additional letters from friends, mummy, daddy, colleagues or neighbor wont help.

Coz like interviews and in real life, If you speak too much , it ruins many things, also providing too much extra documents might also ruin.
Only provide extra documents when u see the boat is sinking not when its still alive. extra burden can ruin it.
These r just my assumption and honest thought.
and also 2 x previous experiences of Interview in NDVO. ( my younger brother and my friend).
I might be wrong every case is different. and many may seem to differ, its your file. u can think better.

nkalra

Champion Member
Sep 8, 2011
Abu Hassaan said:
nkalra,

Experience letters are issued to the outgoing employees. The standard experience letter only contains period of employment, designation and character of the employee. It is very rare if any company is mentioning salary, working hours and job description on the experience letter. Companies don't feel comfortable to provide this info in written to their employees. Since this is a standard practice all over the world, for this reason I believe, CIC asks for reference letters with period of employment, designation, job description, salary and working hours.

If applicant submits experience letter, pay slips, offer letters along with reference letter then his/her case becomes stronger.
Well thanks for your overwhelming response.

I have faced what ever you have mentioned "Companies dont feel comfortable" I was explaining my point of view to NM & had chat with him later on that he has already given that experience letter. And reference letter is up to him if he wish to give that it's not mandatory.
The way you have mentioned I have followed the same to reach to this stage.

Soundless

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/05/2013
Med's Request
02/04/2014
Med's Done....
12/04/2014
Interview........
27/02/2014
Passport Req..
14/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
22/09/2014
LANDED..........
31-Mar-2015
Abu Hassaan said:
Soundless,

Just a suggestion, don't give any extra reference for your work experience; stick to the one you have already given. More persons you involve in your application; more vulnerable you will make your application. VO may call to your new referee during or after the interview and the referee may speak something which he/she should never. Better to give only existing referees names & contact details in your CV too. Instead of giving more references, talk to your existing references and come on the same page considering that VO may call your referee during or after interview. This is just my opinion, rest is your decision.
Thanks Abu Elhassan for your advise.

I guess I will ask my ex colleagues to write these letters and will decide later whether to take them or not with me. I would also take them and decide not to provide them to VO unless he asked for (if he did). As for the letters I issued from my employers (call it Experience or Reference letters) it was issued on companies' letter head and has no direct numbers to the signed persons (only company's contact numbers). I guess I should be ready to provide their mobile phone numbers or email addresses during the interview?

Soundless

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/05/2013
Med's Request
02/04/2014
Med's Done....
12/04/2014
Interview........
27/02/2014
Passport Req..
14/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
22/09/2014
LANDED..........
31-Mar-2015
Would a contract I signed with TV station to provide them with a software I developed in 2007 be important to take with me?

nkalra

Champion Member
Sep 8, 2011
Soundless said:
Would a contract I signed with TV station to provide them with a software I developed in 2007 be important to take with me?
I think 4 persons have advised you the same thing again n again.
At the end choice is yourz all the best.