+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Trading Business in chemicals

ashbak59

Jul 21, 2022
Mumbai
Category........
BUSINESS
I wish to start international chemical trading business from Canada. I am from india & wish to settle in Canada to do business of trading. Anybody can share their experience ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I wish to start international chemical trading business from Canada. I am from india & wish to settle in Canada to do business of trading. Anybody can share their experience ?
Ask under business immigration. Look at start up visa program or PNP entrepreneur programs to see if elgible. For PNPs, you need a high net worth.

ashbak59

Jul 21, 2022
Mumbai
Category........
BUSINESS
Is there any chance if Canadian company can employ me with my experience of 25 years + in international trading in chemicals ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is there any chance if Canadian company can employ me with my experience of 25 years + in international trading in chemicals ?
Probably not as you would need a job offer with LMIA, proving no Canadian or PR can do the job. You need to show your experience, education (ECA) and language skills. How old are you?

ashbak59

Jul 21, 2022
Mumbai
Category........
BUSINESS
I m am 63 years old with rich trading experience in chemicals having worked with MNCs & then own my business in India

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I m am 63 years old with rich trading experience in chemicals having worked with MNCs & then own my business in India
So it will be very difficult as many Canadians are retired at your age. Getting a LMIA with work permit unless you are taking over as the CEO of a MNC will be next to impossible. Look at PNP Entrepreneur programs or the start up visa program where you need angel investors or a business incubator. Why Canada at your age?

ashbak59

Jul 21, 2022
Mumbai
Category........
BUSINESS
So it will be very difficult as many Canadians are retired at your age. Getting a LMIA with work permit unless you are taking over as the CEO of a MNC will be next to impossible. Look at PNP Entrepreneur programs or the start up visa program where you need angel investors or a business incubator. Why Canada at your age?
Well noted & agree with you. My only son is taking education in Canada. He will mostly settle there. In order for me to come & settle I need some income, so wish to know if I can also take some work over there

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Well noted & agree with you. My only son is taking education in Canada. He will mostly settle there. In order for me to come & settle I need some income, so wish to know if I can also take some work over there
You would need to find an employer willing to give you a LMIA proving no Canadian or PR can do the job. At 63, it will be a challenge as many employers aren’t going to hire people who are of retirement age

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yea I know
So focus on PNP entrepreneur programs with you business idea/plan/experience. Read through PNP program requirements and see if you are eligible based on your business and net worth.

Getting a work permit just lets you work in Canada for a few years. You would still need to be eligible for PR programs, and given your age you may not be.