+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INTERIM WITHDRAWAL

Lindakoka

Jun 2, 2017
Hi everyone.
I have previous USA Refusals twice and I misrepresented it on my application, I got a letter from the Canadian Visa Office Lagos, stated that I am inadmissible to Canada for misrepresentation because I did not provide complete and truthful answers on my application, but my passport is still with them.
I'm being given 10 days to submit any information or documents to address my concern.
Pls what do I do ? Also, pls do I need an immigration lawyer for this? I need your help ASAP thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CIC is preparing to refuse your application and give you a five year ban from Canada for misrepresentation. The only way you can prevent this from happening is if you can prove that you weren't in fact refused by the US and the information in your application was correct.

You can certainly pay for a lawyer to help you - but I don't think it's going to do much good.

CIC will return your passport once your application has been refused.

Dahnnyhel

Jul 5, 2017
I have something similar to this

I have previous USA Refusals thrice and I stated that I was refused a visa to visit my father in the USA without giving details because the consular only gave me a blue paper without explaining anything to me. Even when I asked him at my last interview, he only told me I'm sorry I can't issue you a visa at this time. Today, I got a letter from the Canadian Visa Office Lagos, stating that I am inadmissible to Canada for misrepresentation because I did not provide complete and truthful answers on my application, but my passport is still with them.
I'm being given 10 days to submit any information or documents to address my concern.
Whereas I gave a truthful answer but might not be detailed enough because no details were given to me on my refusal days just a general blue slip.
Pls what do I do ? Also, pls do I need an immigration lawyer for this? I need your help ASAP thanks. Does this mean I would be denied as well?

Last edited:

Dahnnyhel

Jul 5, 2017
I didn't list that I was refused 3times but I only told them that I was refused and the blue slip stated several reasons for refusal because it was a generic response that they give to all applicants who applied and were denied. The same blue slip was given to me 3 different times without reason for refusal. So there was no way I would even know my reason for denial cos it was the same slip that was given to anyone who was denied.

Dahnnyhel

Jul 5, 2017
Whenever the US refuses an applicant, you're issued a general blue slip which doesn't state the particular reason why you have been refused. It would only state general reasons for refusal which is issued to every refused applicant. That's just about it. So when you're not told the reason for refusal, what are you expected to say when you're asked to explain in details at the Canadian consulate?- So I answered truthfully by saying that I was refused a US visa to visit my father in the United States of America since I had no further details to divulge.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I didn't list that I was refused 3times but I only told them that I was refused and the blue slip stated several reasons for refusal because it was a generic response that they give to all applicants who applied and were denied. The same blue slip was given to me 3 different times without reason for refusal. So there was no way I would even know my reason for denial cos it was the same slip that was given to anyone who was denied.
You needed to say how many times you were refused. Otherwise you're withholding information and that's misrepresentation. It's highly unlikely there's anything you can do at this point. You'll have to wait out the five year ban and forget about coming to Canada for the next five years.

Dahnnyhel

Jul 5, 2017
if I was told to state how many times I have been refused and from which Embassy then it would be misrepresentation. The question was if I have been refused into any other country and I ticked YES and gave them what I had. The question never asked me how many times, so there was no need for that. It was just an honest answer.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
As scylla said, you needed to declare all 3 US refusals. You can expect a refusal for misrepresentation and a ban from Canada.

Dahnnyhel

Jul 5, 2017
Wow, even after stating the truth? Maybe a ban is what the truth will always earn you :(

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Wow, even after stating the truth? Maybe a ban is what the truth will always earn you :(
You didn't tell the truth. You were required to explain the details behind any refusals but you chose to only explain about one.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
That's why I asked if you listed your refusal 3 times. No matter how many times you've been refused entry for the same country, you still have to list them otherwise it's deem withholding information that CIC will find you misrepresented. So in the eye of the immigration officer, you just said that you got refused once whereas in truth it's 3 times that's why they issued the fairness letter.

save_me_plz

Jun 5, 2014
CIC is preparing to refuse your application and give you a five year ban from Canada for misrepresentation. The only way you can prevent this from happening is if you can prove that you weren't in fact refused by the US and the information in your application was correct.

You can certainly pay for a lawyer to help you - but I don't think it's going to do much good.

CIC will return your passport once your application has been refused.
you are still here telling these things since 2010. You yourself have seen that if people did it by mistake and provide the proper explanation they get approved application. Please dont discourage people and tell them right way