+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Insufficient Work Exp, can I still apply under EE

fioanna

Aug 27, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
I have a total of 8 years of work exp, but it is from July 2000 to March 2008. It does not fulfil the minimum 1 year criteria in the last ten years.
Can I still apply under the federal skilled workers or Express entry system?
I am very new and just starting the whole process. I would appreciate any advice on the matter.

Within the last 9 years I have been a homemaker caring for my 8 year old daughter. However I had started a small time cake business for about 3 years. Can i use this to apply in any way. The business is not registered. I am trying any way possible to migrate to Canada..

Thanks,
Fiona

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No you cannot apply as you do not meet the criteria, if you create a profile it will be deemed ineligible.

fioanna

Aug 27, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
No you cannot apply as you do not meet the criteria, if you create a profile it will be deemed ineligible.
Thank you, Is there any way I can use the self employed option as I was taking orders from my home for about 2 years. I even have a FB page to prove the same. I am looking for any way in which I could immigrate. Any ideas are welcome. I need to mention, I have uncles and aunts living as citizens in Canada. Can they sponsor me and my child?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Having one year of work experience in the past 10 years is mandatory to apply.

To apply using your cake business experience, you would need to prove you have at least one year of full time work experience and that this work experience is in a skilled occupation. I don't see how you will prove this if your business wasn't even registered (I assume most of the payments would have been cash payments and assume you didn't report this income in your taxes). I think it's very unlikely you can qualify to apply unless you return to work and complete one year of work experience first.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you, Is there any way I can use the self employed option as I was taking orders from my home for about 2 years. I even have a FB page to prove the same. I am looking for any way in which I could immigrate. Any ideas are welcome. I need to mention, I have uncles and aunts living as citizens in Canada. Can they sponsor me and my child?
No - your aunts and uncles cannot sponsor you. You have to qualify on your own.

What evidence do you have to prove you were running your business and prove you have the required number of work experience hours? Did you file taxes on the income you earned?

The FB page doesn't prove anything.

fioanna

Aug 27, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Having one year of work experience in the past 10 years is mandatory to apply.

To apply using your cake business experience, you would need to prove you have at least one year of full time work experience and that this work experience is in a skilled occupation. I don't see how you will prove this if your business wasn't even registered (I assume most of the payments would have been cash payments and assume you didn't report this income in your taxes). I think it's very unlikely you can qualify to apply unless you return to work and complete one year of work experience first.
Ok. thank you for your response. Yes, You are correct on all of the above. So both my options are closed..

fioanna

Aug 27, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
No - your aunts and uncles cannot sponsor you. You have to qualify on your own.

What evidence do you have to prove you were running your business and prove you have the required number of work experience hours? Did you file taxes on the income you earned?

The FB page doesn't prove anything.
Can I qualify under the family sponsorship plan?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can I qualify under the family sponsorship plan?
No - again, your aunts and uncles cannot sponsor you. You must qualify on your own through an economic stream like Express Entry.