Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
I can only assume its due dilligence.

Things that may have flagged our file are:

1) CIC made an error and my husbands Case id was mixed up with another person.
(Therefor to ensure they are nor making any mistakes and for security reasons, they have transferred)

2) I have previously sponsored a spouse 7 years ago but pulled the application b4 they were landed
(They may be ensuring this is not a business transaction or to make sure I am certain of what im doing)

I can't forsee any other reasons other than those. Our application was complete, neither of us have a criminal record, Our wedding was well attended and photgraphed, we sent lots of pics, letters..we sent addtional documents.

I'm not overly upset that we were transferred, I would have like to been given AIP but all this means to me is we will have to wait a little longer (thats the part that is killing me!) and we will have to pray that the person who interviews us is not having a bad day.

We are clearly a loving and commited couple..I can't imagin why they would question us other than the reasons above. So we will go..and answer anything they wish.

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Asta said:
maybe if a person has lived in many countries before? hopefully if a person lived only in one and only country besides Canada, it would take less time to do this procedure.
That could spelll bad news for me, have lived in a few countries and also travelled quite a bit.
I think this next stage waiting for background and security check is worse than first stage approval! There is no time line to check, just have to wait for however long.........
Rob did say he received the next letter about a month after the first stage approval...so maybe there is some hope? Now I know why my OWP is valid for 2 years!

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Black-Berry said:
I fear for my family. I fear something will happen at home and i wont be able to leave :(. thats my greatest fear.
18 months to sit at home and do absoluely nothing is really B.S.!. I have never just sat here and done nothing. ll my years work experience is going down the drain.
I think CIC need to re-visit thir rules and not only give exception for spouses already in Canada but at least give us permission to go to school or work immediately instead of waiting for 9 months. I mean already we get "punished" for not being given the right to appeal!. meaning after 18 months when and if you get rejected you have to leave or forcefully go and start a life wit nothing to your name because you have wasted 18 months not being able to make any money and go and start like a beggar!!....
I feel the same BB, I worry about family and I can't say what I would do if something did happen. I pray that nothing happens for anyone here so no one has to make that decision.
I don't understand how first stage takes one month if applying outland and 9 months here?!?!?!
If only I had known about applying outland and still being able to live in Canada....... 80% of cases are finalized in 8 months in Australia I would be good to go by now.

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
eyeoftheocean said:
Security checks alone can take up to 16 month , I know this as it was in a reply letter directly from CSIS to me a while ago .
We were planning on going home in 2012....guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Janadian
Which is your local office if you don't mind me asking?
Order your FOSS notes immediately. That way you are sure of the exact problem.
Your case sounds like they just wanna clarify about the mixup and the previous sponsorship.
I know I still feel out of whack for not being granted aip so big hugs to you!
Are you the one sponsoring your spouse?
How long have you been married for?
Look at it as a positive sign.
After the "interview" they just may grant you pr who knows???

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
On a positive note; For those of you have have AIP, you can take French/English classes for free now, just need to take in your letter of approval and confirmation of your address. They are LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada) classes. Also another option is to learn as a second language and only pay $30 per level of which there are 9 levels I think.....

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/goc/linc.shtml

patience81

Aug 24, 2010
Hello all!!

I've been reading this thread for some time now, and can not thank you all enough for sharing your stories - they've brought me a lot of comfort over the last year.

I haven't posted before, but with the new changes on the wait times i thought our story might give a few people some hope.

My husband (Canadian born and raised) and i (British born and raised) married in july 2009, and were ready to submit our application in august. However, due to circumstances out of our hands we were unable to send it in until november. It was received in dec 2009.

First stage approval took 8 months and three weeks, which is pretty normal.

Second stage - brace yourselves - took TWO DAYS. I couldn't believe it when we called the CIC call centre and they told us. I was half laughing half crying, and the agent couldn't hold back his laugh either.

Our file was then tranferred to our local office (Etobicoke) for our landing interview, which we were told would take eight weeks to schedule but we had ours seven weeks later. I am now waiting for my PR card, so that 18 months later i can finally go visit my loved ones.

Here's our timeline;
Application receieved: 2/12/2009
AIP: 24/08/2010
PR: 26/08/2010
Landing interview: 20/10/201
Waiting for PR card :)

So its taken us exactly 12 months from submitting application to (hopefully!) receiving the PR card.

I know while waiting there are months and months of darkness, especially if "back home" you lived independant, fulfilled lives. Its hard not working, not driving, not knowing people, missing family - the list is endless. But when its finally over, it feels so satisfying. We got through it. We survived. And now, finally, our lives are no longer on hold. There is hope ;)

I hope and pray this story brings somebody some reassurance, the way all of your stories have kept us going.

Nine3001

Mar 25, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kris13 said:
I think this is BS!!!! What do ppl do who did not apply for the OWP with their app???
We didn't apply when we sent our application. Although we sent it in and asked them to attach it to our application and to process it upon AIP. I swear to all thats holy, if there is any delay in getting my husband a work permit after 1st stage approval I'm going to go crazy.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Janadian said:
We have been transferred to local office
I am so sorry Janadian.. what is your local office.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Janadian, sorry to hear.. but the fact that u were sponsoring ur spouse before, explains it..
anyways hope ur interview will be scheduled soon and no long wait *hugs

@Love Young - thanks a bunch :-*

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
[quote author=patience81 link=topic=27681.msg485380#msg485380 date=1288880002
Second stage - brace yourselves - took TWO DAYS. I couldn't believe it when we called the CIC call centre and they told us. I was half laughing half crying, and the agent couldn't hold back his laugh either.

Thanks patience! Wow 2 days, that is fantastic! Did you just happen to call them and you did not receive a letter?

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Janadian, hopefully it goes quickly for you and you hear from them soon.

patience81

Aug 24, 2010
kiwikris said:
patience81 said:
We called to find out about first stage, and then a couple of days later called again as i was having trouble signing into ecas (while i trust the agents, i wanted to check for myself that we had AIP!) which is when the agent told me "it says here you have also received PR" I was in shock - I kept asking, so i don't need to resubmit the medical? Or send in any additional info? And he kept saying, no no, its all done...!

We received a letter a couple of weeks later, and were able to then sort out my OHIP etc etc.

Janadian - I am so sorry your file has been transferred. I know its easy for me to say, and you're the one going through this, and there really aren't any words that i can say to help. But i do sincerely hope it doesn't take too long, and the time it does take passes quickly for you.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...