+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLANDERS!

Kris13

Sep 19, 2010
Asta said:
i cant find processing times anymore!
btw thanks =)
If you click on the link on the right, then scroll down to •Family Class Sponsorship, Scroll down again and you should see it..

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Has anyone seen this??
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

It is now FASTER to process inland! How Ironic!!
If i were to go back to bermuda it would take 11 months!!. wow now i dont feel so bad!..

Patricksgirls

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
jc_sagala said:
We applied Inland too. Yah i just realized that its faster to apply outland. But its gonna be hard for me because i am in School now and cant quit school and go back home just to be sponsored by my husband. We sent our application on July 20's to alberta and started to be processed on August 20's. Even if i go to school and work it seems to be a long wait and im worried that they might look at our age difference like from what i've read from the other forums. Im 27 and he's 39 i think its not that big of a gap but they still look at it like big difference. Anyway lets update each other
Trust me when I send in mine me 32 him 55 your gap will be minor!

Lilian

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Black-Berry said:
Has anyone seen this??
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

It is now FASTER to process inland! How Ironic!!
If i were to go back to bermuda it would take 11 months!!. wow now i dont feel so bad!..

I don't think that it is faster. For inlanders now is 9 months for step 1 and 9 months for step 2.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Lilian said:
I don't think that it is faster. For inlanders now is 9 months for step 1 and 9 months for step 2.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp
Yeah you are right. !..well at least we get to be with our loved ones and at least after the initial 9 months you are eligible for an open work permit. Still not too bad compared to Outlanders!!! and also from the country you are from.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omg, Just saw the new thingy on CIC webpage I am shoked!!! I am shaking right now, I just wanna give up!!!

Does it mean that Inland applications will take up to 18 months to be completely done?
Most applications have been processed in 9 months so far, Why this change now?

Anyways, luck for all of us! :(

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
boasorte said:
omg, Just saw the new thingy on CIC webpage I am shoked!!! I am shaking right now, I just wanna give up!!!

Does it mean that Inland applications will take up to 18 months to be completely done?
Most applications have been processed in 9 months so far, Why this change now?

Anyways, luck for all of us! :(
Boasorte. looks like it is 18 months!. WOW!.. but i think its up to 18 months which is like 1 and a half years!.
I was also told that becaue my file was transferred to a smaller office, chances are they may jut do everything for me!. anyone have any thoughts???.
Its as if this process isnt strssful enough as it is for them to add more time!...
Now i need a hobby for the next 9 months hmpphhh... oh i know!. ill try and lose some weight!,..
The key is.. find something to do to pass time!... An online course perhaps??. hmm..

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
I also noticed that... 18 months that's crazy :eek: is it really so that you have to sum up both times together to get total or 2nd one means the total? can anyone advise on that? THANKS, and good luck to all of us, and lots of patience...

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Black-Berry said:
Boasorte. looks like it is 18 months!. WOW!.. but i think its up to 18 months which is like 1 and a half years!.
I was also told that becaue my file was transferred to a smaller office, chances are they may jut do everything for me!. anyone have any thoughts???.
Its as if this process isnt strssful enough as it is for them to add more time!...
Now i need a hobby for the next 9 months hmpphhh... oh i know!. ill try and lose some weight!,..
The key is.. find something to do to pass time!... An online course perhaps??. hmm..
wow thats really shocking - 9 months for security checks/backgrounds.
and i remember some ppl who got approved in 7 months in total.. that is so not fair :-X

@BB
to lose weight would be great for me too! but during a year living here i Gained weight instead! :/

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Latvian said:
I also noticed that... 18 months that's crazy :eek: is it really so that you have to sum up both times together to get total or 2nd one means the total? can anyone advise on that? THANKS, and good luck to all of us, and lots of patience...
On the timeline page, right on top it says you should add the number of months from the 1st step with te 2nd step and then you'll get the total amount of waiting time. That's why I am crazy!
18 months is way too much for somebody who cannot work, study or go to visit family.
So 18 months are for those straight forward applications, if they need clarify anything it will add more months to the already existing 18 months! They should at least say why the change happened just now... Absurd !!!

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
boasorte said:
On the timeline page, right on top it says you should add the number of months from the 1st step with te 2nd step and then you'll get the total amount of waiting time. That's why I am crazy!
18 months is way too much for somebody who cannot work, study or go to visit family.
So 18 months are for those straight forward applications, if they need clarify anything it will add more months to the already existing 18 months! They should at least say why the change happened just now... Absurd !!!
Yeah you pretty much summed it up!. 18 months for straight forward applications!. for people like me its 18 months ++ whatever local office you will get!!. (i will faint!)

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Kris13 said:
I think this is BS!!!! What do ppl do who did not apply for the OWP with their app???
i didnt apply for OWP, ill apply when i get AIP letter. i dont think that would affect those 9 months time of second stage.

or are u referring to those who waiting for interview? in that case its really wrong. even before this update it was already longest wait for interview not being able to work or go home. its just going worse and worse :/