+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLANDERS!

K1203

Dec 10, 2009
Thank you very much for find all this information, I have been reading and researching much also and it is very complex and not very clear. I have been given to understand that having already received Approval in Principle of my sponsorship (my husband is Canadian btw), that as long as the IO has no reason to believe I am inadmissable and that I can prove that I do not have the intent to stay should my application fail, than he has no reason to refuse my admission and should stamp my passport as TRV. It would also hopefully be in my favour that the UK is not a country in any kind of difficulty. I would really like to hear if anyone else has been in the same situation. I have seen on other sites people saying citizens from the USA and the UK that have travelled in and out of Canada during the PR process without problems but they just got lucky! I would of course rather be sure and clear on exactly what to say and do when I arrive at the border. If worst comes to worse I guess me and my husband would just have to move to the UK!! Thanks again for all your help.

Black-Berry said:
No problem i say good luck!. Also i have some more information after researching and lots of reading and understanding the re-entry process. I have looked in various places on the internet and other personal stories. the Cic website SPECIFICALLY advices you if your application is still under process not to travel.. BUT it also says this is especially true if you require a visitors visa.. So i understand it from this statement that if you are coming back to canada and are not from a visa exempt country or dont have a visa , you have as high chance of not letting you in? and if you do have a valid visa and /or are from a visa exempt country , you have a higher chance of getting let in.
there is also alot of talk abouit dual intent?. ie if you are coming back in, your current status would be you are entering canada to await your PR. for some weird reason the IO will not buy that. so i am assuming you should declare incase ou dont/will not get your PR you will not be a burden to them and overstay your welcome and go back to wherever you came from?.
Also they look at things like .. Are you from a country that is currently undergoing hardships?. etc etc,. I am trying to put myself in the shoes of an IO here.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip02-eng.pdf

I am very very confused about this but after reading the above manual from the cic website it is somewhat clearer to me.

has anyone been denied entry because of this so they can let us know what status they were on?,. why they were denied etc?. so we can get a clearer understanding?.
i would say you are pretty safe in assuming youwill be okay but i also guess its safer to know exactly what they mean??

the above link i believe sums it up in a nutshell but if there is anyone who has a very clear perspective it will be much appreciated as i have seen this question on various threads here...
thx ..

Justincase

Jul 30, 2010
filed in April 2007

was transferred to scarborough (unfortunatly) Oct 2007

landed interview at scarborough next week Aug 2010

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
K1203 said:
Thank you very much for find all this information, I have been reading and researching much also and it is very complex and not very clear. I have been given to understand that having already received Approval in Principle of my sponsorship (my husband is Canadian btw), that as long as the IO has no reason to believe I am inadmissable and that I can prove that I do not have the intent to stay should my application fail, than he has no reason to refuse my admission and should stamp my passport as TRV. It would also hopefully be in my favour that the UK is not a country in any kind of difficulty. I would really like to hear if anyone else has been in the same situation. I have seen on other sites people saying citizens from the USA and the UK that have travelled in and out of Canada during the PR process without problems but they just got lucky! I would of course rather be sure and clear on exactly what to say and do when I arrive at the border. If worst comes to worse I guess me and my husband would just have to move to the UK!! Thanks again for all your help.
I also think it depends ALOT on your personal situation. ok for me as i said i hve travelled back and forth withut problems. Keeping in mind, i have a kenyan passport. i have permanent residence of bermuda which is considered a rich beautiful island. Sometimes even the IO mentioned why i would leave a place ike bermuda to come into Canada. My husbands canadian i have three kids, two really young ones . Who are clingy, In most situations when we travel i ALWAYS end up carrying the kids, ok my kids are Canadian too and i dont travel anywhere without them. So i guess they see a happy young family instantly?? all canadian except me?. i dont know if that helps my situation somewhat but i believe it has helped my re entry.?. As i said earlier we are also goingto bermuda in two weeks as a family, My husband and i also have a big age difference. im 32 and hes 51 . And we look it. This has actually been questioned everywhere we go ie how long weve been married for. we have been married for 9 years . The IO always never believes it because they always ask for our papers. Whenever i travel i carry everything with me and my client ID number and all corrspondence btn me and cic.. I think that also helps.

at least you have received AIP . i would kick back and enjoy your family if i were you. when are you returning to Canada?

K1203

Dec 10, 2009
Hi again Blackberry,

I am planning on returning as soon as I can find a flight ... availability is limited just now due to school holidays, it is probably going to be in about 3 weeks time. I am doing my best to enjoy the time here although there is that niggling doubt at the back of my mind - worry solves nothing though!

I have read a lot and have seen pictures of the beautiful island of Bermuda - and its on one of my top 10 places to visit - if I'm ever allowed to travel again ;-)

Hope you have a wonderful time when you visit in a couple of weeks.

I'll keep you posted as to how I get on. I had some very negative feedback on another forum which didn't help much, so I sincerely appreciate your help and support. Very best wishes to you.

Karen

Black-Berry said:
I also think it depends ALOT on your personal situation. ok for me as i said i hve travelled back and forth withut problems. Keeping in mind, i have a kenyan passport. i have permanent residence of bermuda which is considered a rich beautiful island. Sometimes even the IO mentioned why i would leave a place ike bermuda to come into Canada. My husbands canadian i have three kids, two really young ones . Who are clingy, In most situations when we travel i ALWAYS end up carrying the kids, ok my kids are Canadian too and i dont travel anywhere without them. So i guess they see a happy young family instantly?? all canadian except me?. i dont know if that helps my situation somewhat but i believe it has helped my re entry.?. As i said earlier we are also goingto bermuda in two weeks as a family, My husband and i also have a big age difference. im 32 and hes 51 . And we look it. This has actually been questioned everywhere we go ie how long weve been married for. we have been married for 9 years . The IO always never believes it because they always ask for our papers. Whenever i travel i carry everything with me and my client ID number and all corrspondence btn me and cic.. I think that also helps.

at least you have received AIP . i would kick back and enjoy your family if i were you. when are you returning to Canada?

K1203

Dec 10, 2009
jawknee said:
What are the definitions of INLAND and OUTLAND?
Hi jawknee

Basically inland is applying within Canada and Outland is from your country of origin. It depends where you are from which is the most advisable. Inland is generally a much lengthier process, the advantages are that you get to stay within Canada, and once you receive first stage approval you can apply for an open work permit, if you are called for an interview, medicals etc. can all be done within Canada. However you are not advised to travel during the whole process and if you application is unsuccessful you cannot appeal.

Outland is usually much faster, depending on where you country of birth is, however you cannot work until the process is completed. There is no reason why you cannot be in Canada on a visitor visa during the entire process and you are free to travel and you would have right of appeal should anything go wrong.

From my own viewpoint (I am from the UK) I wouldn't recommend anyone from the UK do inland but that's just my own experience ... if you read Leon's post at the top of the Forum here there is an excellent explanation of the differences between the two types of application.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
bobswife said:
Hi Black Berry
the last requirements they ask me first on march was my work history,10 years of my past adress,after on May they send me my work permit,one letter to my husband aproved sponsor,and the same letter they requirement for my fringer prints,inmigration pictures,and police clearance from 2 states and been lived in Mexico.that's all for now..i send the last requirements and after 3 days i saw online they go it.
so I think my procesing time in Vegreville is right
app sed october 17 2009
start appl dec 2009
march 2010 first requirements request
April send the last requirements
May i recieved my OWP work permit
Letter aproval sponsorship
req one more requirement
send it 3 weeks a go
and just waiting...I Hope next is the request to send my pasport and after that 4-6 weeks to got my card meaple leaf card on the mail...hopelly ;)
I
Yaayyy!!!.. Congratulations!. i just read in your other post that they requested your passport today!. I AM excited for you!!!!. Your long long wait is finally over and some of us are still hopeful!!...Eight months was pretty quick if you ask me!. how long was your work permit for??

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

Could anybody help me?
How long does it take for Vegreville officers start processing applications once they have received them? My application was sent and received in May 2010(it's been over two months now), but I am still not able to log in on the CIC website. Does it mean my application has some problem?
I am worried because according to different cases I have seen in this forum most application took 2 months and 1 week(even less time than that) to start being processed and then they were able to check their application on line (ecas).
Thanks in advanced.

cdarroch

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/02/10
Doc's Request.
29/07/10
Med's Done....
29/10/09
:D
CIC sent us a letter requesting information on July 29th! Haven't received it yet, but we're thinking it's either a request for a new PCC or medical exam, both of which are on the verge of expiry.

Looks like a few others have gotten info request letters already - simple stuff?

yay!!

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
boasorte said:
Hi everyone,

Could anybody help me?
How long does it take for Vegreville officers start processing applications once they have received them? My application was sent and received in May 2010(it's been over two months now), but I am still not able to log in on the CIC website. Does it mean my application has some problem?
I am worried because according to different cases I have seen in this forum most application took 2 months and 1 week(even less time than that) to start being processed and then they were able to check their application on line (ecas).
Thanks in advanced.
now its about 2 months and a half. dont worry. looks like they getting slower and slower. my app was started after 2 months and 18 days (in april).

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
cdarroch said:
:D
CIC sent us a letter requesting information on July 29th! Haven't received it yet, but we're thinking it's either a request for a new PCC or medical exam, both of which are on the verge of expiry.

Looks like a few others have gotten info request letters already - simple stuff?

yay!!
When did you send your application in?..

Mel H

May 5, 2010
Mel H said:
We received your application for permanent residence on November 23, 2009.
We started processing your application on February 9, 2010.

It has said this since Feb and although the 'processing times' are at 26 Nov(as of Tues Jul 20th), I haven't miraculously received AIP or a work permit in the mail (a girl's got to hope). I will keep you guys updated so that you can get an idea of how long the wait is once your date has been reached in the general processing times.
Just a quick update on my situation. There has been no change in eCas for two weeks since my date came about in the processing times, so i called the call centre this morning, and the guy sent them a message to please review my application. Apparently they have to respond within 30 days.

This is killing me!

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Hey Mel H
Just curious, what CIC office is your application in? We have ours in Vegreville...It was received by CIC Jan 18...we still show nothing on E-CASE as well...and CIC call center says we should be hearing a decision around the middle of August early September..

I know! the waiting game is hard isn't it ::) Hang in there

cdarroch

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/02/10
Doc's Request.
29/07/10
Med's Done....
29/10/09
Black-Berry said:
CPC-V received it on Feb 5/10, and started processing April 20.

cdarroch

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/02/10
Doc's Request.
29/07/10
Med's Done....
29/10/09
Black-Berry said:
CPC-V received it on Feb 5/10, and started processing April 20.