INLANDERS!

dudebr

Star Member
May 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niseguy said:
YAYYYY APPROVED AFTER INTERVIEW....
How did it go? What happened? What were the questions, if any? Please let us know. Thank u!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
How long does it take Vegreville to start opening up applications right now?
I have been keeping an eye on those that sent to Vegreville a month ago but theirs haven't started processing yet.

Did anyone have theirs received in May 2010? If so when did yours start processing?

Do they check for completeness then or as soon as they receive the application?

flower07

Jul 23, 2010
My application was received on 6 April, and still can't log on to Ecas. A guy in the call centre said last week that most prob my application is still in a box.

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
I have been keeping an eye on those that sent to Vegreville a month ago but theirs haven't started processing yet.

Did anyone have theirs received in May 2010? If so when did yours start processing?

Not sure how long they generally take but in my case they took over two months between receiving my application and processing it. I believe that they check for the completeness of the file when the begin processing it. It seems that things have really slowed down. I remember reading in 2009 that it "only" took about 6 weeks for an application to be processed, that certainly was not my case.

dudebr

Star Member
May 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Application sent / received in May/2010 (it's been a little over 2 months now) and haven't been able to log in on CIC webpage.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
srcc said:
We sent our application before you and haven't heard anything yet...
I hope that we have good news soon.

Good luck!!
SRCC.. i am baffled as well. It seems they had taken a look at mines. i would be hopeful if i were you. im told its a good sign that i got the letter. at least well "somethings happening". i would give it till next week . I am somewhat positive you shd hear something. i would sayy they are prob looking at dec-january now. ive not heard from november-ites either. Has all November people got news?. well i am crossing my fingers for you all as well.

has anyopne receiv ed a letter like mines before?. Please tell me if you have and whaty happened and how long afer you sent in that information. Also i am a little mad because they have specifically requested information from january 2010 up to now. the thing im mad abt is i sent in my application in january. so of course i i couldnt predict the future as to where i wd be. Is this normally a good sign?

hmpphh

bobswife

Jul 28, 2010
ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 oct 2009-AIP AND OWP 30/4/10
Doc's Request.
15 June 2010
Med's Request
2ND MARCH 1 2011
Med's Done....
17 MARCH 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
they sent letter to decision made and app was transfered to Edmonton Ab
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon!!!hope before may 31 2011
LANDED..........
soon!!;)
Hi Black Berry
the last requirements they ask me first on march was my work history,10 years of my past adress,after on May they send me my work permit,one letter to my husband aproved sponsor,and the same letter they requirement for my fringer prints,inmigration pictures,and police clearance from 2 states and been lived in Mexico.that's all for now..i send the last requirements and after 3 days i saw online they go it.
so I think my procesing time in Vegreville is right
app sed october 17 2009
start appl dec 2009
march 2010 first requirements request
April send the last requirements
May i recieved my OWP work permit
Letter aproval sponsorship
req one more requirement
send it 3 weeks a go
and just waiting...I Hope next is the request to send my pasport and after that 4-6 weeks to got my card meaple leaf card on the mail...hopelly ;)
I

Mel H

May 5, 2010
Love_Young said:

These days it takes about 2.5 months for them to pick applications out the pile (at which point you should be able to call the call centre for your client ID if you don't already have one from a previous visa). eCas will only start with info on your application at this point. So if they do check for completeness, it will not be done before this time.

Good luck!

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Okay so i just sent back the information they requested!. fingers crossed!!... i hope they dont need anything else. Now this is nerve racking!

K1203

Dec 10, 2009
Hi Black Berry - do you mind if I ask what nationality you are? And is your application inland spousal ... I just noted this post and you saying that you went to the states several times during the process and had no problems getting back into Canada?

The reasoning I am asking is I am worried sick at the moment. I am a British Citizen and my application has been being processed for a long time - originally submitted Feb 2008 AIP received Oct 2008 but still no sign of my PR! My mother was unwell a little while back and I really couldn't wait any longer to see her as she is elderly so I returned to the UK just over a week ago. I am now very scared how the IO will be when I arrive back in Toronto in a couple of weeks because there is always the possibility that they can refuse entry? As I am from the UK I do not require a Visa but I am worried that if I tell them I am visiting my husband they will refuse my entry based on the fact that they will know I have PR in process and I should not really have left.

Black-Berry said:
I just wanted to introduce myself, i have been "lurking". for a while and i just wanted to encourage all of you that i have been very consoled by reading all your stories, triumphs etc. I put in my application with an OWP in january , they started processing my application as in the ecas website on the 30th of March. I have not heard anything since. For m , My husband is Canadian. My kids are also canadian through the first generation rule that they implemented. So them they got their citizenship certificates in 2 months!.

This has been a very very frustrating wait for me and i am losing my patience!. to stay somewhat sane i come here and feel encouraged that i am not alone. . I have cried many tears of frustration. i dont even go to the CIC website anymore because it has been saying "In process". for the longest while!.. I cant drive, i cant work, im broke!. my hubby has kind of a job. that we brely survive on. this is definitely a trying time for me and my fmily. We also have young kids, i need to work ASAP or i will totally lose my mind. without me driving, i cant drop the kids anywhere!. i live on vancouver island so everyone has a car. its the only way to get anywhere. My husband cannNOT afford to stay home and chauffeur us back and forth because he takes any job that comes his way..

i am told i cannot even leave the country to go to my country to freely work incase my application is revoked!. Can life be any worse??. I had a drivers licence from my country that i can only drive on for 90 days here in BC. Do these people consider anyone who has a family? sometimes i wonder, My children are canadian, im their mother, i NEEED to be sane and not pulling out my hair everyday in order to be a functional family.

We came to canada in November 2009, i put in my application in january, 2010 they started prcessing in March 31st,

Okay this is what is weird, i went to the states a few times and came back while my application was "in process'. the IO at the border were very very sweet!, I was 100% honest with thm. i even voiced my frustration, the last time i crossed over was in April, I didnt know my case number yet, They called me in the office and gave me everything!. My case number, and told me how far my process had reached, they told me my OWP has started being processed, they were very nice to me and wished us luck. and that is how i go mycase number, on a "post-it" yellow note its tucked away "safely in my purse.

sorry if im babbling. but this forum has brought me alot of joy in reading all your stories, i decided to share mines :)

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
K1203 said:
Hi Black Berry - do you mind if I ask what nationality you are? And is your application inland spousal ... I just noted this post and you saying that you went to the states several times during the process and had no problems getting back into Canada?

The reasoning I am asking is I am worried sick at the moment. I am a British Citizen and my application has been being processed for a long time - originally submitted Feb 2008 AIP received Oct 2008 but still no sign of my PR! My mother was unwell a little while back and I really couldn't wait any longer to see her as she is elderly so I returned to the UK just over a week ago. I am now very scared how the IO will be when I arrive back in Toronto in a couple of weeks because there is always the possibility that they can refuse entry? As I am from the UK I do not require a Visa but I am worried that if I tell them I am visiting my husband they will refuse my entry based on the fact that they will know I have PR in process and I should not really have left.
Hey K1203,

My Application is Inland Spousal.
Im from Kenya, i have a Kenyan passport, My canadian spouse and i and kids (canadian) came ino Canada on November 9th through Toronto, i live in Vancouver and yes i have been across the border multiple times. Just to shop, eat etc. I submitted my application January and they started processing it in March. Since march i have been to the states a few times At the time i didnt think anything of it but we were across with my kids and hubby who are all canadian, We decided to be 100 percent honest with them about what was happening every time we re-entered the country. Just to mention i have a multiple entry Visa also that i had acquired before i came here. I lived in Bermuda prior to November.
Also we are going to bermuda to visit in two weeks. I am also worried as everyone says it will be a problem.. If you receive AIP then i dont see how they could deny you entry. Is this the first time you have left since 2008?.
I also read somewhere on the ecas website that the reasons they would deny re-entry is your intentions . ie you should show them incase you dont get PR if you wd "refuse" to leave the country . They know why you are coming and understand but i think it is just "protocol" for them .
I also think it depends on which officer you get.
I am crossing my fingers for you too. Hopegoes well. I also cant believe it has taken this long for you tio get your PR. how long was your OWP for if you dont mind me asking??

K1203

Dec 10, 2009
Hi Blackberry
Thanks for replying so quickly. I can't believe how long it has all taken either! CIC claim that the delays are being caused by London UK as my daughter (who is 21 almost 22!) is classed as non accompanying dependant and therefore she has to be cleared also. They have today requested she has a second medical.

No I haven't left Canada at all in fact October 2007 was my last entry date which was a few months before I put the application in. My OWP is valid until January 2011 (it is my second one, I was granted the first one in January 2009).

I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will get a reasonable IO when I land in Toronto and I will just be completely upfront and honest.

Thanks for the good wishes :)

Black-Berry said:
Hey K1203,

My Application is Inland Spousal.
Im from Kenya, i have a Kenyan passport, My canadian spouse and i and kids (canadian) came ino Canada on November 9th through Toronto, i live in Vancouver and yes i have been across the border multiple times. Just to shop, eat etc. I submitted my application January and they started processing it in March. Since march i have been to the states a few times At the time i didnt think anything of it but we were across with my kids and hubby who are all canadian, We decided to be 100 percent honest with them about what was happening every time we re-entered the country. Just to mention i have a multiple entry Visa also that i had acquired before i came here. I lived in Bermuda prior to November.
Also we are going to bermuda to visit in two weeks. I am also worried as everyone says it will be a problem.. If you receive AIP then i dont see how they could deny you entry. Is this the first time you have left since 2008?.
I also read somewhere on the ecas website that the reasons they would deny re-entry is your intentions . ie you should show them incase you dont get PR if you wd "refuse" to leave the country . They know why you are coming and understand but i think it is just "protocol" for them .
I also think it depends on which officer you get.
I am crossing my fingers for you too. Hopegoes well. I also cant believe it has taken this long for you tio get your PR. how long was your OWP for if you dont mind me asking??

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
oh i didnt know that OWP can expire... anyways about leaving the country..

i married my canadian hubby last year and after a month we tried to go to USA BUffalo. but american customs didnt let me in because we said that we are married and gonna apply for me. they said that canada might not let me back in from usa (i dont need visa, only passport) and they dont wanna risk to put young family apart by sending me home. we were going shopping and to church too for 1 day. we would come back in same day. but i wasnt allowed.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
K1203 said:
Hi Blackberry
Thanks for replying so quickly. I can't believe how long it has all taken either! CIC claim that the delays are being caused by London UK as my daughter (who is 21 almost 22!) is classed as non accompanying dependant and therefore she has to be cleared also. They have today requested she has a second medical.

No I haven't left Canada at all in fact October 2007 was my last entry date which was a few months before I put the application in. My OWP is valid until January 2011 (it is my second one, I was granted the first one in January 2009).

I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will get a reasonable IO when I land in Toronto and I will just be completely upfront and honest.

Thanks for the good wishes :)
No problem i say good luck!. Also i have some more information after researching and lots of reading and understanding the re-entry process. I have looked in various places on the internet and other personal stories. the Cic website SPECIFICALLY advices you if your application is still under process not to travel.. BUT it also says this is especially true if you require a visitors visa.. So i understand it from this statement that if you are coming back to canada and are not from a visa exempt country or dont have a visa , you have as high chance of not letting you in? and if you do have a valid visa and /or are from a visa exempt country , you have a higher chance of getting let in.
there is also alot of talk abouit dual intent?. ie if you are coming back in, your current status would be you are entering canada to await your PR. for some weird reason the IO will not buy that. so i am assuming you should declare incase ou dont/will not get your PR you will not be a burden to them and overstay your welcome and go back to wherever you came from?.
Also they look at things like .. Are you from a country that is currently undergoing hardships?. etc etc,. I am trying to put myself in the shoes of an IO here.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip02-eng.pdf

I am very very confused about this but after reading the above manual from the cic website it is somewhat clearer to me.

has anyone been denied entry because of this so they can let us know what status they were on?,. why they were denied etc?. so we can get a clearer understanding?.
i would say you are pretty safe in assuming youwill be okay but i also guess its safer to know exactly what they mean??

the above link i believe sums it up in a nutshell but if there is anyone who has a very clear perspective it will be much appreciated as i have seen this question on various threads here...
thx ..