+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spouse Sponsorship Québec 2022 - 2023

SkyW192

Sep 6, 2023
Hi there,

I have two questions but first a little bit of context

I submitted my application on October 20th, 2022 and everything was going pretty fast in the beginning I received my AOR in less than a month (November 10th, 2022. ) then I received the request for the CSQ which I submitted by December 12th and from then complete silence, I thought that maybe because I already did everything Medical exams and all so I just had to wait for the decision.
Biometrics, Medical exam and Eligibility and Completed since March 2023 according to Ircc-tracker and Background check is In progress.
On July 18, 2023 I did a GCMS request to know if something was going on since I didn’t receive a communication since Novembre 2022 and 10 days later on July 28 I received my AIP followed by the GCMS notes on August 2nd, the last note recorded on the GCMS was from January 12, 2023 confirming the reception of the CSQ.

- my first question is: is it okay for me to apply for a OWP even though there was already one submitted with my PR application or is it gonna be a problem if I have 2 OWP application at the same time ?

- my second question is : is it normal that the Spouse Sponsorship application is stuck on Background check ( referring to the tracker status) for 6months ? Or is there something I can do to get it moving again?

thanks for you time ^_^
Good luck to everyone waiting as well

HTS_QC

Dec 4, 2022

James2023

Star Member
Jan 27, 2023
My VO is also Mississauga, unfortunately it can get stuck due to Quebec immigration quota cap. See here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/quebec-applications-estimated-at-24-months.808014/

You can do an ATIP request and see if it is more useful then GCSM notes...

Not sure about your OWP application, that should have been completed within 4 months of submission...

@James2023 What is your final destination country?
I have been in Canada for almost 7 years now

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
We applied in Oct 2022, and everything has been done on the tracker, biometrics, background, eligibility and medical and CSQ since March 2023.

SkyW192

Sep 6, 2023
no DM yet and everything is done that needs to be, we have AIP and SA. It's frustrating, only thing that seems to explain it is the quota.
That’s what I’m starting to think as well, they have probably reached the quotas that’s why everything is on hold, which means we will maybe have to wait for another 3 months unless they increase the quotas which I don’t know if it’s possible.