+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spouse Sponsorship-processing time

bossofbees

Star Member
Jan 10, 2017
NOC Code......
Hi, thanks for taking the time to read this. We applied for inland spouse sponsorship and OWP for my wife in July 2020. She already gave biometrics and medical test in April of 2021, after that she received passed result and in June 2021 she received Eligibility passed and Invitation to Pre-arrival services letter also. Around that time I received sponsorship eligiblity passed letter. But after that we haven't heard any news at all, it is now almost one and half years since we applied and no indication of whether it be approved. The open work permit is going to expire in few months. Is there anybody in similar situation? Does she need to apply for OWP renewal? I heard if they delay a lot, it means there will be an interview. Is that true?
Her passport was going to expire in May, and she has already received new passport from the embassy. Is this something that IRCC need to be notified?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, thanks for taking the time to read this. We applied for inland spouse sponsorship and OWP for my wife in July 2020. She already gave biometrics and medical test in April of 2021, after that she received passed result and in June 2021 she received Eligibility passed and Invitation to Pre-arrival services letter also. Around that time I received sponsorship eligiblity passed letter. But after that we haven't heard any news at all, it is now almost one and half years since we applied and no indication of whether it be approved. The open work permit is going to expire in few months. Is there anybody in similar situation? Does she need to apply for OWP renewal? I heard if they delay a lot, it means there will be an interview. Is that true?
Her passport was going to expire in May, and she has already received new passport from the embassy. Is this something that IRCC need to be notified?
Based on your previous posts, your wife received an email requesting additional evidence of your relationship. Assuming that's correct, this means your application is undergoing additional review and is now non-standard. This means processing times will be very difficult to estimate - but safe to assume it will take longer than a normal / standard application.

Yes, she can apply to renew her OWP if she ends up in the situation where it's expiring in a few weeks and you don't have a decision in the sponsorship application yet.

bossofbees

Star Member
Jan 10, 2017
NOC Code......
Based on your previous posts, your wife received an email requesting additional evidence of your relationship. Assuming that's correct, this means your application is undergoing additional review and is now non-standard. This means processing times will be very difficult to estimate - but safe to assume it will take longer than a normal / standard application.

Yes, she can apply to renew her OWP if she ends up in the situation where it's expiring in a few weeks and you don't have a decision in the sponsorship application yet.
Yes, and we sent all the photos/additional proof of relationship that they asked for. I think it was after that, she received the letter about eligiblity and pre-arrival. Does this mean that it can take another year?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, and we sent all the photos/additional proof of relationship that they asked for. I think it was after that, she received the letter about eligiblity and pre-arrival. Does this mean that it can take another year?
I think it's very unlikely you'll be waiting another year.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you:). If there is interview, do know any resources that I can learn from?
There are several posts in this section of the forum that list the interview questions for relationship interviews. I don't have the links but maybe you can find them if you use the search feature and search on "interview questions" or something similar.