+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship for Out of status Applicant

MaceyHelen

Nov 25, 2020
Hi, everyone!

I am looking for some advice about my Inland Spousal Sponsorship in Canada Class.

I have been married to a Canadian citizen since May 2021 (almost three years of marriage). Been dating since 2017, known each other since 2011. I have been residing in Canada out-of-status since 2010.

My fear is that once I submit my application, IRCC will be notified about my existence and detain me while my application is resolved? Will my lack of status be a reason that the application might be denied? I must write a letter of explanation about why I overstayed my visitor visa, however, I am not sure it that will be a sufficient explanation for breaking the law. I have no idea if I have a Deportation order issued in my name, in that case my spousal sponsorship application will not be successful,

I also have a Canadian citizen family member (my aunt), therefore I have ties to Canada through my aunt and my spouse.

Any advice is welcomed as these fears are preventing me from submitting my application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, everyone!

I am looking for some advice about my Inland Spousal Sponsorship in Canada Class.

I have been married to a Canadian citizen since May 2021 (almost three years of marriage). Been dating since 2017, known each other since 2011. I have been residing in Canada out-of-status since 2010.

My fear is that once I submit my application, IRCC will be notified about my existence and detain me while my application is resolved? Will my lack of status be a reason that the application might be denied? I must write a letter of explanation about why I overstayed my visitor visa, however, I am not sure it that will be a sufficient explanation for breaking the law. I have no idea if I have a Deportation order issued in my name, in that case my spousal sponsorship application will not be successful,

I also have a Canadian citizen family member (my aunt), therefore I have ties to Canada through my aunt and my spouse.

Any advice is welcomed as these fears are preventing me from submitting my application.
Post to the family sponsorship section

ZezeB

Feb 3, 2022
Hi, everyone!

Hi Macey,
Did you get a response on the family sponsorship forum? I know someone in a similar situation. Please let me know. Thank you

MaceyHelen

Nov 25, 2020
Hi Macey,
Did you get a response on the family sponsorship forum? I know someone in a similar situation. Please let me know. Thank you
Hi, yes. I received a few replies in the Family Sponsorship Forum. They were helpful. Do you want me to link my post here so you can read the replies as well?