+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland sponsorship, warrant from a different country?

Mancoyvib

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Hi My wife is a Canadian citizen and we are going to send in my inland application this week, I’m concerned that I have a warrant for not appearing to court in U.S. for drinking and driving 11 years ago.

Will that effect my sponsorship?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Things that might affect you
Suspension of processing
If any of the situations or circumstances below apply to you, we won’t start processing your sponsorship application until a final decision related to the situation has been made.
  • Your citizenship is in the process of being revoked;
  • You have a removal order against you;
  • You’ve failed to respect your residency conditions;
  • The Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship and the Minister of Public Safety signed a certificate stating you’re inadmissible because of security, human or international rights violation, serious criminality or organized criminality;
  • You’ve been charged with an offence that is punishable by a maximum prison term of ten years.
you have not been convicted but the warrant be may flagged when you apply for police certificate..

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
flagged if your police certificate indicate the previous warrant.

11 years ago is a long time....but i would seek legal counsel to clear the issue.....you never know when things could resurface

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi My wife is a Canadian citizen and we are going to send in my inland application this week, I’m concerned that I have a warrant for not appearing to court in U.S. for drinking and driving 11 years ago.

Will that effect my sponsorship?
If you failed to appear for a DUI charge and that was never dealt with, then you have far more serious issues than a failure to appear warrant.

Where are you from? How did you enter Canada? Did you declare your arrests/charges?