Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/12/2016
HI EVERYBODY

I would like to know if it's possible to apply for a spousal sponsorship knowing that i am under an arrest warrant a fraud offense ?. i first would like to finish with the application and once my wife get her RP, i will settle my issue one time at all...i really need some advises before starting any application. thanks in advance

Londo

Sep 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
23/11/2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
There is absolutely 0 chance of u being approved for sponsorship with a warrant out for your arrest. You need to sort that first before anything.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
bahazadath said:
HI EVERYBODY

I would like to know if it's possible to apply for a spousal sponsorship knowing that i am under an arrest warrant a fraud offense ?. i first would like to finish with the application and once my wife get her RP, i will settle my issue one time at all...i really need some advises before starting any application. thanks in advance
Have you taken a look at IMM1344 yet? There is a question about the sponsor's criminality. Any unresolved criminal action means you are not eligible to sponsor.

Given what you've said, I would also suggest when you hire counsel for dealing with your fraud matter, that you advise them you plan to enter into a sponsorship undertaking.

bahazadath

Nov 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/12/2016
Londo said:
There is absolutely 0 chance of u being approved for sponsorship with a warrant out for your arrest. You need to sort that first before anything.
thanks for responding

do you know or heard about someone has been refused by CIC who was in similar case like mine ? thks again

xtreemboarder

Jul 2, 2015
bahazadath said:
thanks for responding

do you know or heard about someone has been refused by CIC who was in similar case like mine ? thks again
I really hope you're joking. Go on CIC's site and go through eligibility. As long as you go through it truthfully you will find yourself to be ineligible and it says not to apply. Read the guides, visit the site, and at the very least accept what the other users here tell you. Putting together a thorough application is very time consuming if you wish to do it right. Why bother if you know it will be declined right out of the gate?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
bahazadath said:
HI EVERYBODY

You'll need to reverse the order unfortunately. You're going to have to deal with the fraud charge first. Once this issue is settled, you can then file to sponsor your wife.

bahazadath

Nov 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/12/2016
profiler said:
Have you taken a look at IMM1344 yet? There is a question about the sponsor's criminality. Any unresolved criminal action means you are not eligible to sponsor.

Given what you've said, I would also suggest when you hire counsel for dealing with your fraud matter, that you advise them you plan to enter into a sponsorship undertaking.
hi
thanks for reply

yes i read the form IMM 1344 but it doesn't talk about arrest warrant. the asked questions concern violence against familly members, rape, or beeing guilty of a crime that the law condemns it at least 10 years....which is not at all my case

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
bahazadath said:
hi
thanks for reply

yes i read the form IMM 1344 but it doesn't talk about arrest warrant. the asked questions concern violence against familly members, rape, or beeing guilty of a crime that the law condemns it at least 10 years....which is not at all my case
It also asks if you're currently in jail (you aren't this second, but there's a warrant, so...) and then this:

"Have you been charged with an offense under an Act of Parliament punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment of at least 10 years?"

Even assuming you could somehow get approved with the warrant outstanding, I don't know how running from this warrant is going to help you (or the person you want to sponsor) in the long run. Not trying to be harsh, but you're going to have to deal with it eventually. You need to consult an attorney, I don't think anyone here is equipped to advise you on this beyond saying that.

bahazadath

Nov 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/12/2016
xtreemboarder said:
I really hope you're joking. Go on CIC's site and go through eligibility. As long as you go through it truthfully you will find yourself to be ineligible and it says not to apply. Read the guides, visit the site, and at the very least accept what the other users here tell you. Putting together a thorough application is very time consuming if you wish to do it right. Why bother if you know it will be declined right out of the gate?
hi
if you dont mind, can you paste for me the paragraph which consens my situation ? coz i finished reading the guide but not found something showing that i am ineligible to apply... thanks

bahazadath

Nov 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/12/2016
danawhitaker said:
It also asks if you're currently in jail (you aren't this second, but there's a warrant, so...) and then this:

"Have you been charged with an offense under an Act of Parliament punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment of at least 10 years?"

Even assuming you could somehow get approved with the warrant outstanding, I don't know how running from this warrant is going to help you (or the person you want to sponsor) in the long run. Not trying to be harsh, but you're going to have to deal with it eventually. You need to consult an attorney, I don't think anyone here is equipped to advise you on this beyond saying that.
hi
yes i know that but what you were talking about i for big crimes...as you said:"" Have you been charged with an offense under an Act of Parliament punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment of at least 10 years?""
not at all

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Are you a Canadian citizen?

It sounds like you've made your mind up. If you're so convicted in your decision, then nothing anyone here can post for you will matter.

I will point out that, if you apply, CIC checks the sponsor against the RCMP database. You will be listed as having an active warrant in that database. So I would be expecting the police to show up shortly after filing.

If they don't, the process will take 6-24 months. I doubt you can hide that long, assuming they allow your application.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
profiler said:
Are you a Canadian citizen?

It sounds like you've made your mind up. If you're so convicted in your decision, then nothing anyone here can post for you will matter.

I will point out that, if you apply, CIC checks the sponsor against the RCMP database. You will be listed as having an active warrant in that database. So I would be expecting the police to show up shortly after filing.

If they don't, the process will take 6-24 months. I doubt you can hide that long, assuming they allow your application.
Not to mention the fact that even if the OP was able to hide for that long, it seems wholly unfair to the person they're sponsoring to bring them into the middle of that mess.

bahazadath

Nov 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/12/2016
danawhitaker said:

i you read again what i said in my first entry you will understand that i just want to sponsor my wife, and once it's finished i will settle the warrant .
in other words, i am scared if i go to the court the sponsorship will be affected and difficult by the decision of the judge
you understand what i mean ? i just want have my son and wife with me !

Amigo30

Nov 17, 2016
A fraud offense is a big violation. According to the law you will be jail for 6mos or fine $5000. Were gaining immigration trust when we apply or sponsor. And i think Honesty is the best when applying or sponsoring someone.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
bahazadath said:
i you read again what i said in my first entry you will understand that i just want to sponsor my wife, and once it's finished i will settle the warrant .
in other words, i am scared if i go to the court the sponsorship will be affected and difficult by the decision of the judge
you understand what i mean ? i just want have my son and wife with me !
Listen, I understand that you want your wife and child with you but this is not a simple process. You can not lie on the application as you would risk a lengthy ban and really make this worse for the people you love. You have to face this problem first. Get a lawyer and get it dealt with. At the very least get legal advice before you apply. You could easily ruin many lives by being stubborn.