+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

tattiidee

Jan 15, 2015
Hey guys,

I've been lurking for a little while and finally decided to post because I have a couple of questions that one of you can hopefully answer!
Here goes:

1. My husband is sponsoring me inland and we've sent the application in November 2014. We haven't received AOR and I am now very worried. Do you think they lost my application, or is it okay for it to take a longer time than this? I'm hoping it's just due to the holiday season. We sent it through Canada Post and have a receipt saying that it was signed and picked up on November 11, 2014.

2. My visitor status was going to expire on November 22, 2014 so I applied to extend it on October 4th 2014. I just received an email a few days ago telling me it was approved. Am I able to apply for this OWP based on the new pilot? I have status until May 2015. I have applied for OWP with the sponsorship application, but I can't stand the thought of waiting 17 months if I can try to apply earlier. If I CAN apply, which form can I use and is it possible to do it online?

3. If I did apply, would it get in the way of my original sponsorship + OWP application we sent back in November?

Thank you all so much in advance. You're all so knowledgeable and it would mean the world to me if you could shed some light on the situation. :)

raffylopezcutora

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga - inland app
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 19, 2014
AOR Received.
September 9, 2015
Med's Request
September 15, 2015
Med's Done....
September 29, 2014 - upfront
Interview........
October 28, 2015
LANDED..........
October 28, 2015
my timeline:

Application sent : October 19, 2014
CPC - Mississauga (inland)
Application recvd : October 22, 2014
AOR : none so far :'(
OWP submitted under the pilot program : January 14, 2015
OWP will be delivered : January 19, 2015

good luck to us...

YanTran

Oct 2, 2014
I applied in September 2014 , got AOR in Nov but they return my application in Jan because of older version :(( What a yearrrrr :((((((((((((((((

cutetwins

Star Member
Dec 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
24-Apr-2015/ SA and AIP Apr 12,2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - Jan 2016
YanTran said:
I applied in September 2014 , got AOR in Nov but they return my application in Jan because of older version :(( What a yearrrrr :((((((((((((((((
hi! may I ask what it means for the older version? any identification how to know if somebody is using the older ones or the newest version?

lighty_j

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Interview........
SA: 27-10-2015
Passport Req..
AIP: 17-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
cutetwins said:
hi! may I ask what it means for the older version? any identification how to know if somebody is using the older ones or the newest version?
If you check the list of the forms required on the cic website, just beside the title and number of the form there is a date. That date indicates when the form was updated. As long as you send the latest form, you should be ok. But be aware that if the form is updated before your application received by cic, it can be returned (this happened to me).

cutetwins

Star Member
Dec 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
24-Apr-2015/ SA and AIP Apr 12,2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - Jan 2016
oh I see..thank you :)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
raffylopezcutora said:
my timeline:

good luck to us...
Thanks for sharing, I've added you to the spreadsheet!

Unfortunately not everyone receive the AOR email. I saw before that someone called the call centre when it was obvious from the spreadsheet that she should have received it a long time ago and CIC sent a copy by regular mail.
It doesn't really make a difference to have it unless you need it for health coverage, for example.
Good luck!:)

raffylopezcutora

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga - inland app
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 19, 2014
AOR Received.
September 9, 2015
Med's Request
September 15, 2015
Med's Done....
September 29, 2014 - upfront
Interview........
October 28, 2015
LANDED..........
October 28, 2015
sophieee said:
Thanks for sharing, I've added you to the spreadsheet!

Unfortunately not everyone receive the AOR email. I saw before that someone called the call centre when it was obvious from the spreadsheet that she should have received it a long time ago and CIC sent a copy by regular mail.
It doesn't really make a difference to have it unless you need it for health coverage, for example.
Good luck!:)
Thank you Sophieee. What is the spreadsheet for? Is there a way I can check if our app is on process or not?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
raffylopezcutora said:
Thank you Sophieee. What is the spreadsheet for? Is there a way I can check if our app is on process or not?
The spreadsheet is good to see what CIC is working on, you can see who got AIP or DM.
You can check your own status on eCAS, but it gives you basically nothing, just a confirmation that your app was received:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

orotibash

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
raffylopezcutora said:
my timeline:

good luck to us...

hi! how did u know that the OWP will be delivered on that date? did u call CIC for that or any emails from them? thanks in advance

Blossom318

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I'm currently organizing all my forms and supporting documents. I will be sending my inland application within the next week.

Any ideas on how to organize the forms and documents to be sent in?

I also did my medical upfront btw.

Thanks and all the best to all the 2015 applicants!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Blossom318 said:
Hi Everyone,

I'm currently organizing all my forms and supporting documents. I will be sending my inland application within the next week.

Any ideas on how to organize the forms and documents to be sent in?

I also did my medical upfront btw.

Thanks and all the best to all the 2015 applicants!
Just read the very first post of this thread. Or the FAQ in my signature.

Vaza3D

May 23, 2014
Hi all again!

So... I got married! :D

I started collecting and filling in the paperwork needed for the application. Everything seems pretty clear so far...

I have a question though. About the police certificate. I am not sure how things work with this in other countries, so I will explain about my case, where my home country is Israel.

I contacted the embassy, they said they can provide me with the certificate, but I need to send them a notarized passport copy and an application form. Great!

I already had the documents notarized, now I need to send them with a courier to the Canadian Foreign Affairs to authenticate them, and only then they will go to the Israeli embassy.

The embassy will then send the police certificate straight to CIC.

Now my question is: how will CIC know where to attach the certificate if we don't have a case number yet?

I hope someone had a similar situation and might help :) Thanks guys!

cbd

Jan 21, 2015
I have a really simple question that I haven't found answered anywhere.

I'm engaged to my girlfriend and want to visit to marry her, then apply for PR Inland after we're married.

What am I supposed to tell the customs/border person when I arrive?
What do you suggest I have with me at that time to show them?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Vaza3D said:
Hi all again!

So... I got married! :D

I started collecting and filling in the paperwork needed for the application. Everything seems pretty clear so far...

I have a question though. About the police certificate. I am not sure how things work with this in other countries, so I will explain about my case, where my home country is Israel.

I contacted the embassy, they said they can provide me with the certificate, but I need to send them a notarized passport copy and an application form. Great!

I already had the documents notarized, now I need to send them with a courier to the Canadian Foreign Affairs to authenticate them, and only then they will go to the Israeli embassy.

The embassy will then send the police certificate straight to CIC.

Now my question is: how will CIC know where to attach the certificate if we don't have a case number yet?

I hope someone had a similar situation and might help :) Thanks guys!
Since the police certificate is needed only at the second stage you can send your application without it and wait till you get your AOR with your UCI and file number. This way you can ask the embassy to put this information in the cover letter, if they send one to CIC.
You can try and ask your question in this thread as well:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t98798.0.html