February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
jailbird2569 said:
Hi I'm already on the spreadsheet and I need an update. My application was received on the 10th of December and I received an AOR today (Jan 12th). I would also like to update that my OWP application was included in my application and my medicals were not done up front. My country of origin is The Bahamas and I live in Toronto.
Also am I able to go my medicals now that I have my AOR and will it be in time for my OWP?
That's a good question, I just thought about my medical, I also got my AOR, do I wait for cic to request a medical or should I do it right away? I'm not planning of working in Healthcare or childcare though, I didn't really thought on how I'm gonna do it and kind of assuming I don't need to do a medical right away and hoping I would have to just yet since this None-working days kind of really make some people broke including myself. How much does Medical cost now?

Taridaliure

May 4, 2015
Hi
On May 6 2015 I sent off my application for inland sponsorship along with (in the same envelope as) my OWP application. I recieved my OWP in the mail 3 months later, but when phone to confirm that they had received it, they told me they wouldn't confirm with me if they had received it or not. I never worried much seeing as if they gave me an OWP then they must have received both the applications in the envelope. But now that it has been 8 months since I sent off the application, I'm wondering why I have never received an AOR?

jailbird2569

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
9symmerty said:
That's a good question, I just thought about my medical, I also got my AOR, do I wait for cic to request a medical or should I do it right away? I'm not planning of working in Healthcare or childcare though, I didn't really thought on how I'm gonna do it and kind of assuming I don't need to do a medical right away and hoping I would have to just yet since this None-working days kind of really make some people broke including myself. How much does Medical cost now?
Hey there! I saw on the other thread "December 10th applicants". Doing some research it appears that as long as you have the file number and UCI you can do and send in your medicals at anytime. It doesn't say that on the website though, but people here seem to believe it... so that's what I'm gonna do. I want to work in a hospital so I'll take the chance.
As for the cost I've seen people quoting around 300 bucks. I would imagine it depends on the physician. This panel physical near me has his price on his website quoted as 280 taxes included which isn't too bad. Booking an appointment now!

Taridaliure said:
Hi
On May 6 2015 I sent off my application for inland sponsorship along with (in the same envelope as) my OWP application. I recieved my OWP in the mail 3 months later, but when phone to confirm that they had received it, they told me they wouldn't confirm with me if they had received it or not. I never worried much seeing as if they gave me an OWP then they must have received both the applications in the envelope. But now that it has been 8 months since I sent off the application, I'm wondering why I have never received an AOR?
Taridaliure - It appears that some people just don't get AOR even though their application is in process; I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Nomad Nicol

Jul 13, 2015
Is AOR the email from CIC confirming that they have received the application? Apologies, not been on since submitting app in mid September. If so, my AOR arrived on December 15th. Still awaiting my OWP.

chenqichun

Jul 22, 2015
Nomad Nicol said:
Is AOR the email from CIC confirming that they have received the application? Apologies, not been on since submitting app in mid September. If so, my AOR arrived on December 15th. Still awaiting my OWP.
You can answer your question by asking yourself "what AOR stands for" - Acknowledgment of Receipt

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Hey everyone, this question is on behalf of a friend:

he might get laid off and is wondering if he can collect EI while applying to sponsor his spouse?
he's worried that that's social assistance and it would make him ineligible to be a sponsor.

I believe he's wrong, because EI is not, in the eyes of CIC, recognized as social assistance.
What's the truth here?

thanks so much.

krishnalynn

May 15, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 15-04-2016
MaryLou6 said:
Hey everyone, this question is on behalf of a friend:

he might get laid off and is wondering if he can collect EI while applying to sponsor his spouse?
he's worried that that's social assistance and it would make him ineligible to be a sponsor.

I believe he's wrong, because EI is not, in the eyes of CIC, recognized as social assistance.
What's the truth here?

thanks so much.
No, EI is not considered social assistance. He pays into it. You can search the forum for this and you'll find the same answer.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
krishnalynn said:
No, EI is not considered social assistance. He pays into it. You can search the forum for this and you'll find the same answer.
Thanks! +1

manjani

Nov 18, 2013
Is it okay to travel out of Canada after decision has been made of PR application or do I have to wait till I get a PR card?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
manjani said:
Is it okay to travel out of Canada after decision has been made of PR application or do I have to wait till I get a PR card?
Decision made is not the same as officially PR. You need to official land as PR before your PR application is closed. DM basically means they made a decision whether you can land or not. Most DM are positive.

You can leave before you land as PR but not recommended. However you can leave after you land as PR without your PR card. You would need a PR travel document to come back to Canada if you are not visa exempt.

mollybloom

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Oct. 2015
I applied for PR and an OWP extension. The package was received by the CIC on Oct. 19, 2015. I haven't received an AOR and I'm unable to login to ECAS with my receipts to check any status updates. So stressful and frustrating. :-[

erwinjohn997

Nov 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
waiting..
mollybloom said:
I applied for PR and an OWP extension. The package was received by the CIC on Oct. 19, 2015. I haven't received an AOR and I'm unable to login to ECAS with my receipts to check any status updates. So stressful and frustrating. :-[
oh :( thats so sad. anyways maybe by this month they gonna process your papers. December applicants already received our AOR.

mollybloom

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Oct. 2015
erwinjohn997 said:
oh :( thats so sad. anyways maybe by this month they gonna process your papers. December applicants already received our AOR.
That's so strange. I called the CIC yesterday and the agent said they were still working on August's applications. This is all quite peculiar. We're you able to access your ECAS with your receipts prior to receiving your AOR?

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
mollybloom said:
That's so strange. I called the CIC yesterday and the agent said they were still working on August's applications. This is all quite peculiar. We're you able to access your ECAS with your receipts prior to receiving your AOR?
Yes ecas is available a couple days after receiving AOR and some applicants just received a status that their app is in process jan 7. Except mine, some applicants who passed their apps later than mine got their apps in process already
So I'm not sure if cic is doing the apps in order according to the dates they was received and some applicants hasn't gotten their AOR since September. Some have gotten their OWP but never received an AOR. It's confusing yeah