+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Flo85

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
sophieee said:
Our MP was absolutely helpful, but they can be in contact with the main CIC office. I don't think that they have a special contact with the small local CIC office. But there is nothing to loose, so you can give it a try.
I have found only one member on the spreadsheet, who was landing in Yellowknife, but he was from the FB group, so you have to join them if you would like to get in touch with him. He must know the email address and fax number of the office.
But I have to add, that this member got his DM on June 30th, and landed on September 8th, 2015. I don't know when he received the landing interview letter, but it took him 10 weeks to landing from DM. Interview letters can come on a rather short notice, so according to this one single information that we have from this office, you will most likely have to wait a few more weeks.
If you have an OWP, or something else that is extendable, you can try and send a paper application for OWP. It would give you implied status, so you can continue to work, at it will take ~4 months to get approved. As soon as you become a PR, you can cancel your application for OWP and you can get your money back.
Thanks for the info, Sophieee. Whats the name of the FB group and that member so I can contact him (you can PM me)? I would like to get that done sooner than later :)
Also, I have submitted an OWP this year with a note that I already have submitted a PR application last year. I got a notice from CIC regarding this OWP that I forgot a signature so I provided that and sent it out again. That was in September 2015. With this OWP application in process, I would have implied status and don't have to think about change of status until there is a decision? I find this implied status always a grey zone.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Flo85 said:
Thanks for the info, Sophieee. Whats the name of the FB group and that member so I can contact him (you can PM me)? I would like to get that done sooner than later :)
Also, I have submitted an OWP this year with a note that I already have submitted a PR application last year. I got a notice from CIC regarding this OWP that I forgot a signature so I provided that and sent it out again. That was in September 2015. With this OWP application in process, I would have implied status and don't have to think about change of status until there is a decision? I find this implied status always a grey zone.
Yes, you have implied status, so you don't need to worry!
That's the Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/inlandsponsorship/
And according to the spreadsheet, the member's name is Bryce O'Connor

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
PTJ said:
What are these? Congratulations
Hi PTJ. Thank you! 1. Have he been denied entry to Canada? 2. have he been asked to leave Canada? and 3. have he ever be convicted of a crime here in Canada?

Eik2coth

Apr 12, 2015
Hi,

Does anyone know why CIC sometimes sends a second AOR? We submitted in Nov 2014 and received one AOR in April and one in September.

sniper23

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Eik2coth said:
Hi,

Does anyone know why CIC sometimes sends a second AOR? We submitted in Nov 2014 and received one AOR in April and one in September.

I am November 3 2014 applicant and they send a second aor but i never received it.its wen i call the cic call center and they say it odd that immigration sending a second she say it could a err in the system

kisaki

Sep 17, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
AOR Received.
01-04-2015
Eik2coth said:
Hi,

Most of the time, the first AOR is addressed to the applicant and the second one to the sponsor, so you can see the sponsor's UCI on the AOR and log in on ecas :)

Flo85

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
sophieee said:
Yes, you have implied status, so you don't need to worry!
That's the Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/inlandsponsorship/
And according to the spreadsheet, the member's name is Bryce O'Connor
Thanks Sophieee. The FB group seems to be down right now. I can't open nor find that group.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Flo85 said:
Thanks Sophieee. The FB group seems to be down right now. I can't open nor find that group.
You have to apply first to be able to join:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1mng6Fn3_2tjx6KBOZJ4BJjfavabQcxPsSyBRoFZzoTg/viewform

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
I'm writing on behalf of a member who was banned from the forum. Does anyone know who should be contacted regarding this matter? Is there a way to contact an admin? Thank you in advance.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
I have finally landed. For anyone who's interested in the time line application was sent mid may 2014, AIP and SA early October 2015 and now I have landed. Very fast process once they actually started looking at it. Landing went smooth just standard questions and some additional ones I think she asked just out of curiosity. The lobster and wine tasted very good tonight indeed!

Big thanks to Leon, Rob, Ponga, Canuck and Sophie. Also a big thanks to anyone else that helped answering my questions on here. I really appreciate the help!

Godspeed to anyone that's still on this painful but much so important journey!

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife got a letter. An excerpt of the letter: We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The local CIC will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application. how long does it take?

Flo85

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
sophieee said:
You have to apply first to be able to join:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1mng6Fn3_2tjx6KBOZJ4BJjfavabQcxPsSyBRoFZzoTg/viewform
I did apply to join the group 2 days ago. I followed your link to the group 'Inland Sponsorship Petitioners' or something like that and since then I can not find this group on FB nor does your link for that FB group work. It's really weird.

SamHom said:
I have finally landed. For anyone who's interested in the time line application was sent mid may 2014, AIP and SA early October 2015 and now I have landed. Very fast process once they actually started looking at it. Landing went smooth just standard questions and some additional ones I think she asked just out of curiosity. The lobster and wine tasted very good tonight indeed!

Big thanks to Leon, Rob, Ponga, Canuck and Sophie. Also a big thanks to anyone else that helped answering my questions on here. I really appreciate the help!

Godspeed to anyone that's still on this painful but much so important journey!
Congrats SamHom. I guess from now on you will be wandering around in the Citizenship section of that forum haha

Flo85

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Simkr said:
My wife got a letter. An excerpt of the letter: We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The local CIC will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application. how long does it take?
Usually everything between 1-4 weeks. In odd cases (like mine) it takes over 5 weeks!

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for responding to my query. local office is going to contact through e mail or snail mail?
Flo85 said:
Usually everything between 1-4 weeks. In odd cases (like mine) it takes over 5 weeks!

Flo85

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Simkr said:
Thanks for responding to my query. local office is going to contact through e mail or snail mail?
Usually by email. I do recall to have read in the forum that people got the invitation to interview via mail but I think these are very rare cases. It'll most likely be via email.
Happy waiting :)