+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

sniper23

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Cedeel said:
It means that you should order notes ASAP. You could have missed important information that could be holding up processing of, or in the worst case scenario cancel, your application.
i should call cic

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
sniper23 said:
i should call cic
Do all of the following:
1. Order Notes.
2. Call the CIC Call Center. They are useless and won't help you, they'll probably even tell you that you need to wait another 10 months to be allowed to ask.
3. Call the CIC Call Center again. Try again a few times.
4. Contact your local MP's office. They are essentially on vacation till after elections, but it doesn't hurt to try.

sniper23

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
GustavesF said:
Do all of the following:
1. Order Notes.
2. Call the CIC Call Center. They are useless and won't help you, they'll probably even tell you that you need to wait another 10 months to be allowed to ask.
3. Call the CIC Call Center again. Try again a few times.
4. Contact your local MP's office. They are essentially on vacation till after elections, but it doesn't hurt to try.
just phone them she say its a second aor letter..that they received my application...but i already got the first in 2014

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
sniper23 said:
just phone them she say its a second aor letter..that they received my application...but i already got the first in 2014
What does it say exactly when you log onto ecas? In process?

KUNAL_B

Jul 3, 2014
I agree with GustavesF, they are useless. I have been checking my mail, email and Ecas quite regularly and all of sudden last week it said that CIC send me correspondence on march 31st 2015. Since i didn't receive any email i called the call center, the first agent told me the documents that were requested (Schedule A and Additional Family) but was reluctant to send me the mail again. So i called back but this time the lady told me she does not have details but can request the office to send me a mail.

So now i am stuck waiting for thier official request. This is absurd that call center is full of idiots who are unwilling to help.

Applied - June 30th 2014
AOR - March 7th 2015
OWP - Feb 16th 2015
OWP Received - June 15th 2015
Additional Docs - March 31st 2015 (Never Received Correspondence)

----- Waiting for the mail from Mississauga Office so that i can send them the documents again

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
KUNAL_B said:
I agree with GustavesF, they are useless. I have been checking my mail, email and Ecas quite regularly and all of sudden last week it said that CIC send me correspondence on march 31st 2015. Since i didn't receive any email i called the call center, the first agent told me the documents that were requested (Schedule A and Additional Family) but was reluctant to send me the mail again. So i called back but this time the lady told me she does not have details but can request the office to send me a mail.

So now i am stuck waiting for thier official request. This is absurd that call center is full of idiots who are unwilling to help.

Applied - June 30th 2014
AOR - March 7th 2015
OWP - Feb 16th 2015

----- Waiting for the mail from Mississauga Office so that i can send them the documents again
That's horrible! I don't understand why they're being this incredibly sloppy.

Didn't someone on here say though that it's common that as soon as you call and request something, even if they say it's not much they can do, all of a sudden the email gets sent?

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
KUNAL_B said:

Applied - June 30th 2014
AOR - March 7th 2015
OWP - Feb 16th 2015

Call center is useless. Even if they're nice.

They can't request a document to be re-sent unless it is outstanding for 40 days.
Also, it takes about a month for the agents to address a request from a call center agent.

I talked to the call center about my missing AIP, and they found that the officer wrote it, but never actually hit send.
So, I asked if they could sent it to me.
The agent said that they weren't allowed to request that yet, because the document needs to be 40 days old, ...and even after I do that they take an average of a month to actually get the request, and probably another month to actually send it.

So, to get my AIP I'd be looking at around 3 months, so I ended up getting my landing letter sooner than that.

One thing to note, sometimes when they say they sent you correspondence, or even if they say "we notified you regarding additional information required" that could just be ECAS being wrong, or some other document being wrong.
In my case there was similar information on our ECAS, and a landing letter that specified that we were contacted regarding some security and medical requirements, so I spent two weeks trying to figure out what correspondence I was supposed to have gotten and what info they wanted from me, only to find out that they just said those things by accident.

The only reason I know they didn't actually require any additional info was because we landed on October 8th, with no additional info on anyone's part.
For all I know the landing agent just didn't know what info she was supposed to collect from us, but whatever, in the end we landed somehow.

In your case it looks like they actually want something from you, so maybe just send those items in again?

KUNAL_B

Jul 3, 2014
GustavesF said:
Call center is useless. Even if they're nice.

They can't request a document to be re-sent unless it is outstanding for 40 days.
Also, it takes about a month for the agents to address a request from a call center agent.

I talked to the call center about my missing AIP, and they found that the officer wrote it, but never actually hit send.
So, I asked if they could sent it to me.
The agent said that they weren't allowed to request that yet, because the document needs to be 40 days old, ...and even after I do that they take an average of a month to actually get the request, and probably another month to actually send it.

So, to get my AIP I'd be looking at around 3 months, so I ended up getting my landing letter sooner than that.

One thing to note, sometimes when they say they sent you correspondence, or even if they say "we notified you regarding additional information required" that could just be ECAS being wrong, or some other document being wrong.
In my case there was similar information on our ECAS, and a landing letter that specified that we were contacted regarding some security and medical requirements, so I spent two weeks trying to figure out what correspondence I was supposed to have gotten and what info they wanted from me, only to find out that they just said those things by accident.

The only reason I know they didn't actually require any additional info was because we landed on October 8th, with no additional info on anyone's part.
For all I know the landing agent just didn't know what info she was supposed to collect from us, but whatever, in the end we landed somehow.

In your case it looks like they actually want something from you, so maybe just send those items in again?
Thanks for the info, people like you are the reason i joined this forum. I get more useful information here than calling the call center. I don't think my ecas is wrong as i noticed some discrepancies on my wife's forms. So if they requested docs on march 31st which is more than 40 days, i am not sure why the agent didn't send the email again. Either way i don't mind sending and supplying CIC with the info they want, its just that i want an official letter / email from CIC so that i can supply them with ONLY the information needed.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
It says DM on my file and that letter was sent October 2nd. Talked to my lawyer now, he is not making any sense. But he said that he got it and that it said that application was completed, but there's no appointment for an interview, instead it said they will contact me later. He said this was the common procedure and that I would get confirmation of Pr after interview...so sounds like the regular landing interview right? Just don't get why they would give me an appointment. Could it be the big scary interview instead?

He wasn't at the office but would forward email later. It's really hard to anxiously wait. What do you guys think?

hollywoodcory

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2014
Doc's Request.
AIP: 24-02-2016
AOR Received.
25-01-2015 / 16-09-2015
Med's Done....
re-done 06-03-2016
Interview........
SA: 24-02-2016
LANDED..........
28-04-2016
I noticed their slow when it comes to actually mailing things out.
We got a letter dated, September 15 which said "send this information within 30 days of date on form."
On Ecas it says they mailed it out September 24 and we got it October 1.
Why wait 9 days to send out important mail? Makes no sense.
Glad we got it, and responded very quickly.

ckash16

Dec 10, 2014
SamHom said:
Did you send medical when you first applied, or did you wait until they requested it?
What was the reason for second clearance?
Waited to do medicals until they requested it. eCAS updated with medicals received on Jun 2nd, 2015.
No reason was given for requesting a second police clearance. All the letter stated was that the police clearance submitted was not acceptable. I am assuming they requested a second one as the original one was more than a year old when they looked at it in May 2015

------------
Date Application Received according to CIC: Feb 4, 2014
Date AOR Received: May 22, 2014
Sponsorship approval: May 7, 2015
Approval of the applicant (full AIP): May 7, 2015
Requested Medical and second police clearance received by CIC end of May 2015

akikan

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Quick update for ppl who are still waiting the PR card

Just received my PR card today, 47 days after landing. Montreal Area.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
akikan said:
Quick update for ppl who are still waiting the PR card

Just received my PR card today, 47 days after landing. Montreal Area.
Congrats!

I got the letter that they sent now. It says the following:

"This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents."

So, seems like this is the landing letter? I am just confused as to why it says they will contact me, I thought most people got the appointment inside of this letter? How long will it take to get appointment?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is NOT the landing letter!

Rather than being upset about not getting the landing letter [yet], be thankful/happy/excited that you DID get what looks to be a positive DM letter.

Unfortunately, the Etobicoke office is one of the slowest (even for landing appointments/interviews) and some people have to wait a month or more for their appointments.

There's nothing you can do to speed up the process, so just celebrate what you DO have now.