Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
angelpot11 said:
Hi Computergreek thanks for the input just want to ask if my husband needsto get A POLICE CERTIFICATE FROM CANADA, ASIDE FROM THE COUNTRY'S HIS BEEN TOO.. FOR INLAND APPLICATION Im so confused . Pls. everyone knows the answer pls. help.

angelpot
No. CIC gets that directly from RCMP. If there are identity issues (someone else with similar biodata) then they will ask for fingerprints (5-10% of cases).

Jumps2013

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2014
AOR Received.
06-08-2014
Med's Done....
02-01-2015
CPC-M hasnt acknowledged applications submitted directly to them in march yet. They are only just now acknowledging February applications. So if you application was forwarded you would hear back from from until August at the current rate.

Blissy_78

May 9, 2013
sherryl galacgac said:
Hi to everyone.I highly appreciated if someone here can share any thought of my story. Or hoping you have a same case like me.

I passed my application April 16, 2014, as per canadapost my papers was recieved April 20, 2014. In my mistake I submitted it in Vegrille not knowing that start from March 2014 Mississuaga is the new CPC-Family Sponsorship. And I just noticed that 3 weeks after I submitted. I phoned callcenter agent from cic and told me that theres only 2 ways its gonna happen, whether they will send it back to me or forward it to Miss. Until several time of following up my papers an agent advice me that resend another application and don't take any chance to wait when they gonna forward it.

AS of June 18, 2014 I RESUBMITTED another application to Miss

And until now I havn't hear nothing yet for my first. Anyone one know have the same situation or any thought for my first application?

Hi Sherryl,

I can feel for you as I was once in the same situation. I submitted my application Friday, January 29th 2014 in Vegriville instead of Missisauga. I called Canada Post the following Monday, Feb 3rd and they told me i cannot retract the mail as it has been received in Vegriville on that day.

I called CIC right away and was told there was no direct instructions as to what's gonna happen to those applications sent to Vegriville. So i made a follow up call many times and i got the same answer like what you did. I was given two options, either i send another application to Missisauga or i wait until they return it to me to have me personally resend it to the correct location. But there were at least two agents who said that it is possible for Vegreville to internally forward it to Missisauga, but they cannot guarantee that on me. It was a tough decision to make and i remember posting the same dilemma on this forum, just so i could get some insights or probablyin a way, some assurance, which i badly needed to hear because time is the essence here.

So i went with my instinct. I thought i had done what i had to do and i prayed before i sent the documents, it was a tedious process just to complete and send the entire application, i figured there must be a reason why it happened so i needed to trust my faith in God that everything is going to be alright. But at the same time, i was ready for the consequences, when i chose to just wait whatever it is that CIC would decide on my papers.

Lo and behold, on Saturday of May 17th, as i was browsing my email on the road, i chanced upon an email from CIC which i almost deleted as it says Do Not Reply but my eyes caught the words Citizenship and Immigration Canada so i looked at it and you can imagine my relief when i saw the email content that says there my application was received Feb 3rd, which means they based it on the date it was received in Vegriville.

On a hindsight though, an ex-co worker of mine sent her application directly to Missisauga just two days after i sent mine, so i was expecting she'll have the AOR earlier than me but it turned out, she got her AOR almost two weeks after i received mine. So i guess, CIC's process would never really be predictable.

I hope the best for your application but the decision is always yours at the end of the day.

Cheers!

randhawa_a

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
I have one question. I didnt sent open work permit application with my application. Is it possible to send this after. I got aor. If i send that application, they will give me implied atatus or not. Please answer me asap. Thanks.

ashleycass30

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
randhawa_a said:
I have one question. I didnt sent open work permit application with my application. Is it possible to send this after. I got aor. If i send that application, they will give me implied atatus or not. Please answer me asap. Thanks.
hi,

you can send the open permit after the first stage of approval (AIP) not after the AOR...

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife's study permit is going to be expired next month. is it possible for her get health card on implied status (since sponsorship application is still in progress)?

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
Simkr said:
My wife's study permit is going to be expired next month. is it possible for her get health card on implied status (since sponsorship application is still in progress)?
In Ontario at least, I don't think you can get OHIP without AIP at minimum. I might be wrong though.

Unrelated, looks like no progress this week on inland apps. Says updated July 2 (which is bs; I checked on July 2 and it was still June 25) and it's still July 22.

Also somewhat unrelated, looks like thestar posted another immigration article:
http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2014/07/04/ottawas_slow_gears_force_nanny_into_desperate_work_and_deportation.html

This one is about a Filipino nanny having to work for 2 months part-time under the table because of a 18mo working permit processing time... The CIC is ridiculous. People need to work, and their timelines are unacceptable.

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
Processing time for PR card now from 95 days to 43!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

Would be nice if we get this much news on inland processing times too.

flowergirl2014

May 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 12, 2014
AOR Received.
Jun. 17, 2014
Med's Done....
sent with app
Processing time was updated.

"Working on applications received on July 22, 2013"

no changed from last week... ???

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
How long does it take to get notification after submitting the case to CIC. We filed Inland May of 2014, its been over 6 weeks now.
Also the timeline shows 11 months now, any idea of improving the timeline.
What I was it used to be 6-8 months for step1 and 6-8 months for step2 earlier.

PLs suggest.

flowergirl2014

May 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 12, 2014
AOR Received.
Jun. 17, 2014
Med's Done....
sent with app
vik999 said:
How long does it take to get notification after submitting the case to CIC. We filed Inland May of 2014, its been over 6 weeks now.

PLs suggest.
We got AOR after 4month we submitted our application.
You can see others from this rink;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArK2RVjQ5v59dFlqaGRPN3JxaGY4Nk9ucTZxV1Z0NEE&usp=sharing#gid=0

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
vik999 said:

PLs suggest.
if you sent your application in May, i think it's still too soon to here from cic. the first time you hear from cic is when you receive AOR which currently takes about 120 days (or 4 months). the first stage approval currently takes over 11 months (not 6-8 months) and for stage 2 it varies from case to case.

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
i have a question about leaving canada when you have an inland application. even if you have a valid visa and study/work permit you should not leave canada? or is it just for people who are visitors? i am very confused.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mary63 said:
i have a question about leaving canada when you have an inland application. even if you have a valid visa and study/work permit you should not leave canada? or is it just for people who are visitors? i am very confused.
you shouldn't have a problem entering canada if you have a permit like study or work, as in you have a valid reason to be in canada. we have done it plenty of times.

it gets trickier if you only have a visitor visa or you are from visa-exempt country, in which case you will have to convince the officer of your intention to visit canada and it is up to them to let you in.

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
chakrab said:
you shouldn't have a problem entering canada if you have a permit like study or work, as in you have a valid reason to be in canada. we have done it plenty of times.

it gets trickier if you only have a visitor visa or you are from visa-exempt country, in which case you will have to convince the officer of your intention to visit canada and it is up to them to let you in.
thanks. i thought there was a thing that if you have inland application in process, you should stay in canada until you get your pr.