12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
ACS said:
I pride myself on being a great letter writer, but this is the perfect letter! Well written, thoughtful, detailed, but not overly, just prefect!!! Two thumbs up! :)
I totally agree, thank you AchankengCrawford, your letter is just perfect. I just read it to my husband and he said that your letter is so well written that he feel like copy and paste and send it to the MP here, in BC.

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
frenchwapiti said:
I totally agree, thank you AchankengCrawford, your letter is just perfect. I just read it to my husband and he said that your letter is so well written that he feel like copy and paste and send it to the MP here, in BC.
Thanks all for the support with my letter. I will let you know if I hear back from my MP. Feel free to copy and paste this letter to your MPs too! Or to take parts of it and modify it or whatever needs to be done. Hopefully one of our MPs will do something, even something as little as asking a question to the right person. Unfortunately, parliament isn't sitting right now, but it's worth a shot to email them.

lounge

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Hello everyone, i really appreciate the quick response of members here as regard any question been asked. i need an answer to this question:
I will be applying soonest but trying to gather information. i can't remember the date of birth of my parents and they are not around now to contact them. what do u guys think i can do. should i leave the space blank or put "*" sign as indicated in the guide? Can this affect my application. Any advise will be highly appreciated

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
AchankengCrawford said:
This is the email I just sent to my MP. I could have written so much more, but I want him to actually read it (or someone in his office at least.)

"I am writing you today as a citizen of Canada and a resident of downtown Edmonton who is sponsoring my husband for Canadian Immigration under the Inland Spousal Sponsorship program.

When we committed to applying for residency for my husband, the wait time for first stage approval (and the following work permit that is granted as well as access to Alberta Health Care - most external insurance agencies will not cover someone who has been outside of their country for a year) was 6 months (with an additional 8 month wait for residency to be granted). By the time we had applied, the wait period was listed as 8 months. Unfortunately, as the CIC workers began their strike around this time last year, wait times increased to 11 months as our application sat in waiting. In January of this year (after another delay in processing applications due to prioritization of applicants affected by the typhoons in the Philippines), things started looking up and the immigration office in Vegreville started powering through applications, granting work permits to spouses of Canadians and Permanent Residents to three months worth of applicants in one month. The processing time went back down to 8 months. It has been 9 months to the day since we submitted our application.

Unfortunately, in February all applications came to a grinding halt as CIC made the decision, amidst promises that this would decrease wait times, to transfer our files and all unstarted inland sponsorship applications to Mississauga. Since this move, there has been little to no movement with applications. Processing times have increased to 10 months.

I am grateful that my husband can legally stay here with me in Canada whilst his application is being processed. That being said, spouses of temporary foreign workers, students, skilled workers, and other classes of immigrants are granted work permits with processing times as short as a few months. Why is it that this same courtesy is not granted to citizens? Our spouses should be granted work permits when CIC receives our completed application; not when our stage 1 is processed. If residency is not granted or if a relationship is deemed to be fraudulent, simply revoke the work permit. With a work permit, my husband could be a productive member of the community in Canada. He could be contributing to the economy and to growth in Canada. As it stands right now, he is a burden to the taxpayers - as a single income household with myself as the breadwinner, and my husband dependant on me our tax filings reflected this. As a degree holder, working in a well paid job in my field, I should be contributing to the tax pool; however, with the struggles of supporting our household on one income and filing joint taxes (as my husband is considered a resident for tax purposes), I am not doing my share as a Canadian and my husband is not doing his share as someone who lives in our country. This is not because we do not want to, but rather because we are not allowed to due to an unjust immigration process.

I am not asking for special treatment. I hope that whoever processes our application looks into it with rigour and in 100% confident that we are in a genuine relationship and that my husband will be a credit to the Canadian culture. I am simply requesting that spouses of Citizens and PRs be afforded the same opportunities as spouses of people applying for immigration and under other immigration classes. The move to Mississauga has slowed the process down and left many families in limbo, unable to travel (to see my sick father-in-law, in our case), unable to contribute to the economy and work, and unable to contribute to their families. Having the posted processing time continue to increase is heartbreaking, when we have been waiting for this since August 2013.

I hope you can represent myself as your constituent and the hundreds of other Canadians and their families affected by these unexpected and unwarranted delays.

Thank you."
That's a very well written letter. Maybe I should send one to my MP as well. We just got a phone call this morning that my father-in-law was hospitalized back in Korea. It hurts so bad that there is nothing my wife can do other than praying for him. I am proud to be Canadian but I must say immigration system really sucks in Canada.

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
Hey Civic, Do you know what happened to our petition since it's been televised?

flange12

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-03-2015
AchankengCrawford said:
This is the email I just sent to my MP. I could have written so much more, but I want him to actually read it (or someone in his office at least.)

"I am writing you today as a citizen of Canada and a resident of downtown Edmonton who is sponsoring my husband for Canadian Immigration under the Inland Spousal Sponsorship program.

When we committed to applying for residency for my husband, the wait time for first stage approval (and the following work permit that is granted as well as access to Alberta Health Care - most external insurance agencies will not cover someone who has been outside of their country for a year) was 6 months (with an additional 8 month wait for residency to be granted). By the time we had applied, the wait period was listed as 8 months. Unfortunately, as the CIC workers began their strike around this time last year, wait times increased to 11 months as our application sat in waiting. In January of this year (after another delay in processing applications due to prioritization of applicants affected by the typhoons in the Philippines), things started looking up and the immigration office in Vegreville started powering through applications, granting work permits to spouses of Canadians and Permanent Residents to three months worth of applicants in one month. The processing time went back down to 8 months. It has been 9 months to the day since we submitted our application.

Unfortunately, in February all applications came to a grinding halt as CIC made the decision, amidst promises that this would decrease wait times, to transfer our files and all unstarted inland sponsorship applications to Mississauga. Since this move, there has been little to no movement with applications. Processing times have increased to 10 months.

I am grateful that my husband can legally stay here with me in Canada whilst his application is being processed. That being said, spouses of temporary foreign workers, students, skilled workers, and other classes of immigrants are granted work permits with processing times as short as a few months. Why is it that this same courtesy is not granted to citizens? Our spouses should be granted work permits when CIC receives our completed application; not when our stage 1 is processed. If residency is not granted or if a relationship is deemed to be fraudulent, simply revoke the work permit. With a work permit, my husband could be a productive member of the community in Canada. He could be contributing to the economy and to growth in Canada. As it stands right now, he is a burden to the taxpayers - as a single income household with myself as the breadwinner, and my husband dependant on me our tax filings reflected this. As a degree holder, working in a well paid job in my field, I should be contributing to the tax pool; however, with the struggles of supporting our household on one income and filing joint taxes (as my husband is considered a resident for tax purposes), I am not doing my share as a Canadian and my husband is not doing his share as someone who lives in our country. This is not because we do not want to, but rather because we are not allowed to due to an unjust immigration process.

I am not asking for special treatment. I hope that whoever processes our application looks into it with rigour and in 100% confident that we are in a genuine relationship and that my husband will be a credit to the Canadian culture. I am simply requesting that spouses of Citizens and PRs be afforded the same opportunities as spouses of people applying for immigration and under other immigration classes. The move to Mississauga has slowed the process down and left many families in limbo, unable to travel (to see my sick father-in-law, in our case), unable to contribute to the economy and work, and unable to contribute to their families. Having the posted processing time continue to increase is heartbreaking, when we have been waiting for this since August 2013.

I hope you can represent myself as your constituent and the hundreds of other Canadians and their families affected by these unexpected and unwarranted delays.

Thank you."
Great job! You describe the situation very well. All of this waiting is just getting silly.

flange12

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-03-2015
Also, I just took a peek at the 2014 forum. 3 people have received AORs in the last 24 hours! Looks like they are working on something. Good news for us waiting for AIP? Maybe? Hopefully...

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
danib said:
Oh thank you dear MaxLet for your support!! This processing is getting boring....:(
Well, now finally somebody answered me on CIC and the agent told me I will hear something from Montreal Office around July, 4th.
Ouch!! Landing letter after 3 months...ok, I will not complain it is better than nothing and I have a date at least.

Let's wait and enjoy the sunny days :)
its really a long wait..! till july? maybe they are waiting to gather new residents to land all together (the day i landed, there were at least 30 people landing)...
in other subject... werent you contacted by montreals office before me?... what happened? did you replied the first letter fast enough? maybe your landing letter got lost in the mail?

good luck and god bless you with a lot LOT of patience!

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
JohnnyP said:
That's a very well written letter. Maybe I should send one to my MP as well. We just got a phone call this morning that my father-in-law was hospitalized back in Korea. It hurts so bad that there is nothing my wife can do other than praying for him. I am proud to be Canadian but I must say immigration system really sucks in Canada.
Yeah, my father-in-law had some heart related issues. All we were able to do was call and send money for his hospital costs. It was so hard on my husband to not be able to be there. Fortunately, he's doing better now. I hope yours is out of the hospital soon.

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
AchankengCrawford said:
Yeah, my father-in-law had some heart related issues. All we were able to do was call and send money for his hospital costs. It was so hard on my husband to not be able to be there. Fortunately, he's doing better now. I hope yours is out of the hospital soon.
Thanks!

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Any PR Card today, Guri?

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Mrs_Canuck said:
Any PR Card today, Guri?
Hey Mrs_Canuck, nothing yet.I called the call centre and the lady said that the card was mailed on May 14. I will come to know in the evening if the card has arrived. I have a feeling the postman is on foot from Nova Scotia.

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
guri3577 said:
Hey Mrs_Canuck, nothing yet.I called the call centre and the lady said that the card was mailed on May 14. I will come to know in the evening if the card has arrived. I have a feeling the postman is on foot from Nova Scotia.
HAHAHA!!! :D I can't imagine how you must be feeling knowing your PR card will be in your hands anytime soon!

@Mrs_Canuck, you and your hubby must be feeling the same way!!!

I'm so excited :D!!!!

Spikey92

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-03-2014
I am also waiting patiently for my PR Card to arrive in the mail. We live in NS so at least it will be in my mailbox the day after they send it out :D

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
Spikey92 said:
I am also waiting patiently for my PR Card to arrive in the mail. We live in NS so at least it will be in my mailbox the day after they send it out :D

Yes, this is true! Good to see another person from NS on the forums! We live in Dartmouth :)