02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
screech339 said:
No offense to anyone here, if the website listed a specific date of working on applications and your application was received after the date listed, you shouldn't be calling CIC about your status of application. You are wasting your time and effort. You would get the same answer they give to everyone that has a date after the website date. "Call back when the website reaches your date.". You would be wasting your breath and time on the phone with CIC when you got better things to do.
I am aware that this is what they tell people. But to not know if documents I have sent were joined up is kind of ridiculous. This is an anxious time for some people and not a lot of people understand what going through it is like. Hence why people complain here.

Rita27

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-03-2013
Guri, please update the spreadsheet for me.
Guys, I am sure this question was asked already, but can I apply for OHIP with an AIP? :-[

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
AIP RECEIVED: 13-11-2013
File Transfer...
OWP REC'D: 14-2-2014
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
Rita27 said:
Guri, please update the spreadsheet for me.
Guys, I am sure this question was asked already, but can I apply for OHIP with an AIP? :-[
Yup! Google requirements to apply for OHIP and you will see the checklist of documents you need to support your AIP status. :D

IsThisOverYet

Nov 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
23-04-2013
Med's Request
22-01-2014
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Mrs_Canuck said:
I am aware that this is what they tell people. But to not know if documents I have sent were joined up is kind of ridiculous. This is an anxious time for some people and not a lot of people understand what going through it is like. Hence why people complain here.
I know how you feel. We also sent some additional documents to CIC in December. I called last week and they said they could not see anything new on the file. I really hope they process mail sent to the "General Correspondence" post code faster than what it takes them to process the actual full applications.

colivia

Apr 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2013
AOR Received.
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
23-01-2013
Interview........
not requested
VISA ISSUED...
AIP & DM: 21-01-2014
Happy Tuesday everyone!

I have a day off today and just like usual, 1st thing I check is my email when I get up =)

I cannot believe my eyes when I saw the title of the email "Permanent Residence Application".... excited and worried at the same time :-\

Goooooooooooood News is: I'm approved...

I guess we've got AIP and DM at the same time? It says:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Vancouver will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status.

Looks like my medicals are fine.. I did my medical on Jan 21, 2013 (Just hit the 1 year date today)
OWP is also issued too =) Now I just need to pay for the application fee and Vancouver office will be contacting me.

Anyone has ideas how long it will take for Vancouver office to contact me? Has anyone gone to the border to land?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
colivia said:
Happy Tuesday everyone!

I have a day off today and just like usual, 1st thing I check is my email when I get up =)

I cannot believe my eyes when I saw the title of the email "Permanent Residence Application".... excited and worried at the same time :-\

Goooooooooooood News is: I'm approved...

I guess we've got AIP and DM at the same time? It says:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Vancouver will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status.

Looks like my medicals are fine.. I did my medical on Jan 21, 2013 (Just hit the 1 year date today)
OWP is also issued too =) Now I just need to pay for the application fee and Vancouver office will be contacting me.

Anyone has ideas how long it will take for Vancouver office to contact me? Has anyone gone to the border to land?
Congratulations!

I've heard that the Vancouver office can take a couple months (or more) to schedule the landing interview. You cannot land at the border...only the local office that CIC assigns your paperwork to. Outland applicants can land at the border.

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
IsThisOverYet said:
I know how you feel. We also sent some additional documents to CIC in December. I called last week and they said they could not see anything new on the file. I really hope they process mail sent to the "General Correspondence" post code faster than what it takes them to process the actual full applications.
Yeah, I hope so as well! I gave them all the information including the case # and UCIs for both my husband and I. Did you send it as registered mail?

Congrats to all those who have received AIP/DM/OWPs today! Cirene, have you heard anything yet?

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Congratulations to everyone who got the great news from CIC today. I'm very happy for all of you :D

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
Congrats to everyone looks like they are working on April applications but I get so nervous my application was sent n march and I still gt nothing :'(

JHWife2011

Oct 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-3-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
IELTS Request
AIP RECEIVED: 13-11-2013
File Transfer...
OWP REC'D: 14-2-2014
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
Someone mentioned their AIP letter states the following:
The required medical forms and instructions have been sent to the email address provided on your application form.

Our AIP didn't mention anything about medical forms....it just said the next step would be completely the medical and other security background checks....we received AIP Nov 13th we haven't received anything since....so I took it upon ourselves and made an appointment for this Thursday (23rd) for hub's med exam. Am I wrong? Should I be waiting till they tell us to go?? Is there forms I should be bringing?Huh ACK!! Worried now!

Edited to say: We received our letters via mail not email.

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Mrs_Canuck said:
Yeah, I hope so as well! I gave them all the information including the case # and UCIs for both my husband and I. Did you send it as registered mail?

Congrats to all those who have received AIP/DM/OWPs today! Cirene, have you heard anything yet?
Hello there Mrs_Canuck, I was about to write you. Just called my husband and still nothing.

(Theory N° 1)
I think the officer who is doing our applications is also working with the last March 2013 applicants, that's probably why we haven't heard anything.

And the other April applicants that just heard something today are in a different pile with another (super fast) officer.

(Theory N° 2)
I'm begging to think that as we didn't get our AOR, the CIC system may have some troubles with our emails?

I just don't know Mrs_Canuck.. I'm losing it hehe

mimssimo

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Passport Req..
NO
LANDED..........
13-March -2014
Rita27 said:
Guys, I just received AIP!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hubby got a call from our lawyer just now ;D

It says:
"In order to continue processing your application in Canada further information is required. You
must complete/submit the following information to the Case Processing Centre:
Immigration legislation requires that all applicants for permanent residence and their family
members if applicable complete medical examinations. The required medical forms and
instructions have been sent to the email address provided on your application form.
The information requested above must be received at this office by 21July2014."

Does that mean I need to redo my meds?? I only did them in March !!!
I am so excited I can barely type!!!!
Congrats Rita27 so happy for you :)

Rita27

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-03-2013
Cirene said:
Hello there Mrs_Canuck, I was about to write you. Just called my husband and still nothing.

(Theory N° 1)
I think the officer who is doing our applications is also working with the last March 2013 applicants, that's probably why we haven't heard anything.

And the other April applicants that just heard something today are in a different pile with another (super fast) officer.

(Theory N° 2)
I'm begging to think that as we didn't get our AOR, the CIC system may have some troubles with our emails?

I just don't know Mrs_Canuck.. I'm losing it hehe
what if they are taking longer with you guys just to give you DM right away? also an option :)

aneta35

Jan 15, 2014
OMG OMG I've check my mail box and I received a letter with my landing interview. My is on the first week of feb. I'm so excited and stressed, can't write I called my hub and he didin't pick up the phone :(( so YOU GUYS are first to know. I have to text my family.